Chapter 3

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Three

 

“How was your first day?” Ya Lun asked as he drove off from the college.

Gui Gui, who was sitting beside him started to tell him everything. Her new friends, Xiao Xun and Mei Mei, the annoyed teacher, the lessons and then Wang Zi.

“He’s so annoyed. Kept teasing me whole the lesson. Ms. Wang caught us talking when she taught. She punished us. So embarrassed!” Gui gui told him. “I’m still angry with Wang Zi because of him I got punish! But it’s no longer because he bought me deluxe-strawberry-ice-cream, my favorite one!” she bitted her lips, imagined her favorite ice cream.

Ya Lun thought for awhile. “I think you’re so close with him,” he said in a cold tone.

Gui Gui chuckled. “Someone is jealous…”

“I’m not!” Ya Lun said.

“Yes, you are!”

“No, I’m not!”

Gui Gui kept teasing him. Ya Lun ignored her and turn on the radio.

“Hi, everyone! Here’s Julia. I wanna tell all of you sad news. Our idol, Aaron Yan is in hospital right now. None know what his illness is but he’s in ICU now! Let’s pray for him so he can come back between us!”

Ya Lun and Gui Gui were surprised when heard the news.

“Is he Aaron Yan who is like you?” Gui Gui asked.

“I think so…” Ya Lun said.

“Oh! Let’s pray for him!” Gui Gui was looked so enthusiastic.

“Hey! Where will we go?” Gui Gui realized that’s not the way to her house.

“Somewhere…” Ya Lun smiled secretly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You brought me here?” Gui Gui asked unbelievingly. Ya Lun sat down on the grass and pulled Gui Gui’s hand, made her fell on his lap.

“You don’t like?” he asked back.

“Of course I like!” Gui Gui smiled. She looked the beautiful scene from the hill, the place where they started their friendship.

Suddenly a bucket of flowers appeared in front of her face.

“What is this?” Gui Gui was surprised.

“Flower,” Ya Lun answered simply.

“I know it. Why do you give me?”

“I just want to, you don’t want it?” Ya Lun felt disappointed.

Gui Gui took the flowers. “No! I want it! I love it!”

Ya Lun chuckled. “Which one you more love? This flower or me?”

“Umm…” Gui Gui decided to . “I love the flower, more than you!”

“Really? I’ll kill all of the flowers in this world, then,” he said.

“You’re so dramatic!”

“Just in front of you,” Ya Lun admitted.

Gui Gui was so happy to hear that.

“What’s the name of this flower?” she asked.

“Azalea. It means ‘Take care of your self for me’,” he told her.

“I don’t like it!” suddenly Gui Gui said.

Ya Lun looked at her confusedly. “Why?”

“Because…it’s just like you’re going to leave me,” Gui Gui bent her head down. “I don’t want it!” she shouted.

“Ssh…you’re so childish!” Ya Lun laughed.

“You’re really going to leave me?” she asked, frustrated.

“Of course no…but everyone will go to their eternal sleep one day. I will, you also will,” Ya Lun brushed her hair lightly.

“But I want to go with you,” Gui Gui said.

“Me too,” he whispered.

It’s just wish, not sure will fulfill…