Chapter 28

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Twenty Eight

The room was silent. She didn’t spoke, even didn’t move. Her parents just can take a peek inside, but didn’t able to do anything.

Gui Gui back to her old self again, sitting on her bed, staring at nothing. She had become like that since yesterday night. She can’t sleep. There was something so bothered her, maybe it was guilty to Aaron and Wang Zi, but there was another feeling, a sharp pain in her heart when the image of Aaron’s back started to walk away leaving her kept replaying in her mind.

Suddenly the door was opened.

Wang Zi walked in with a bucket of flowers in his hand. He approached Gui Gui and sat beside her on the edge of her bed. That bucket he put on the table beside. Then he turned to Gui Gui.

He patted her shoulder. She turned to him.

“Gui…I…” he hesitated. “I’ve already thinking about all of this.”

Gui Gui didn’t spoke. She waited.

“And…I try to understand about your problem…” he continued. “I understand why you said that Aaron knew you better. The reason is I and your parents, everyone around you keep asking you to forget…him…” he didn’t dare to say his name-Ya Lun.

“But…you also can’t be like this,” he said firmly. “I mean…okay, I won’t ask you to forget him again. But can’t you let him go?”

She stared confusedly at him.

“Gui…that was different. If you kept like this, you think he will be able to sleep peacefully? You aren’t just hurt yourself, but also him. You think, he wants to leave you? I’m sure you know the answer. But can’t you stop this? Why don’t you let him go? You don’t need to forget, you just need to let go. And then you will be able to remember him with smile on your face,” he stopped to breathe.

“I know he’s important, but like ever said, he’s not your everything. You can live better. I turst you,” he held her hands and gripped it tightly.

He smiled softly to her and let go her hands. He took the bucket of flowers earlier and handed it to Gui Gui.

At that time her eyes widened.

It was Azalea, the same with Ya Lun ever gave to her.

“I’ve found this in front of your house’s doorstep,” Wang Zi said.

“Nah…I leave,” Wang Zi stood up, but Gui Gui kept staring at those Azalea.

The flashback replayed in her mind.

“What’s the name of this flower?” she asked.
“Azalea. It means ‘Take care of your self for me’,” he told her.

Wang Zi sighed. “Don’t forget to come to the college. Today is your own broadcasting, right?”

Wang Zi walked towards the door. But before he can reach the door knob, Gui Gui called him.

“Wang Zi!”

He turned around and Gui Gui hugged him tightly.

“Wang Zi…you’re my best friend. Ever. If you’re gone, maybe I will lock myself a whole month…”

He chuckled. “But I won’t leave you…”

He tapped her back slowly and smiled. His Gui Gui had come back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She glanced to the empty room and felt disappointed because Aaron wasn’t there. Gui Gui can’t find him. But she knew it will be easier if Aaron wasn’t there.

Gui Gui took a deep breath before she wore the headphones on her ears. She the microphone and inhaled again.

She started her broadcasting.

“Good morning everyone…here is Wu Ying Jie, but I well known as Gui Gui. Today the topic that I will talk is about Eternal Sleep. Have you ever heard about it? Well, I also don’t know about it, but I ever heard something about Eternal Sleep.

Before we get a headache because of the lesson in the class, hope you want to hear my story.

It’s about a girl who fell in love with her childhood friend. It was like the miracle when that guy loved her back. She was very happy. She always thought that they will be together, always and forever, until an accident took her boyfriend away. She was depressed. It was just like her soul was gone. It was like her light was dead. It was like her life ended.

She kept doing stupid. She didn’t want to forget him. She was afraid. Even all of people around her kept saying to her that he wouldn’t come back, she kept waiting. But of course, he never came back.

Her best friend always said that her life never ended. He said that she must let him go, not forget, but just let him go.

And someone who stepped in her life silently ever said that she really loved her boyfriend, she wouldn’t forget him. Not in her brain, but in her heart.

But still, she was just too stubborn. She kept hurting important people in her life.

Until one day she got a bucket of flowers. It was Azalea. It was the same flower that her boyfriend gave her for the last time. And at that time she realized her foolishness.

Do you know the meaning of Azalea?

Azalea meant ‘Take care of yourself for me.’

And that time she just remembered the thing that she totally forgot: her boyfriend’s last wish.

She never took care of herself. She just kept walking randomly. But she didn’t want to do it again. She wanted to let go. She wanted to live better. And she wanted to apologize, to everyone whom she ever hurt. To her parents. To her best friend. And to the important person, even she never told it to him about it.

Thank you for care about her.

Thank you for understand about her.

Thank you for always accompany her by her side.

Thank you for everything.

And she learned something, the thing that her boyfriend ever taught, that everyone will go to their eternal sleep. Everyone, included me, you and all of the people around us. And we, as the person who being left, we must learn to let go.

And it was the story. Now let's hear the song from Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On..."

Every night in my dreams
I see you. I feel you.
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never go till we're one

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

There is some love that will not
go away

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Yea! Great Gui Gui!” Wang Zi yelled and punched to the air.
“Ah! It is your girlfriend, right?” Ya Tou, who was standing beside him, asked.
“Not anymore,” Wang Zi smiled. He even can’t understand why he can say like that that sincere. Maybe he was just too happy about Gui Gui decision.
We mustn’t get everything what we want. But for Wang Zi, he was happy enough to be Gui Gui’s best friend that important in her life. The person who will make her lock herself if he was gone.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Great, Ya Lun…” Aaron said. He was sitting while his back was leaning against the wall on the rooftop.
“For what?” Ya Lun asked confusedly.
Aaron chuckled bitterly. “I and Wang Zi tried until death to make her realized her foolishness, but you, just with a bucket of Azalea, make she ‘wake up’ all of sudden.”
Ya Lun laughed. “First, I think you jealous. Second, she ‘wakes up’ also because of you and Wang Zi. And third, you’re the important person who steps in her life silently.”
Aaron blushed.
“I don’t understand why she said like that. I think you’re the noisiest person in her life,” he teased, before cracked into loud laugh.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gui Gui crept silently to the rooftop. She saw Aaron was leaning against the wall. She came nearer and heard he was talking something. She even heard he said Ya Lun’s name.
“I must be imagining it,” she thought.
She shook her head, cleared her mind before she slowly walked to Aaron.
“AARON!” she shouted and pushed him a little.
“WAA!” Aaron also shouted and jerked back.
When he saw her smiled widely at him, he stared at her confusedly.
“What?” he asked.
“Why don’t you come to my first broadcasting?” she asked back.
“I felt lazy…” he lied.
She smacked his head. “Lazy bum!”
Aaron got angry. “You! Harm a famous singer like me is a big crime, you know?”
Gui Gui laughed loudly. Ya Lun, inside Aaron’s body, smiled widely seeing his little girlfriend back to herself.
But suddenly her laugh stopped and her smile faded away. She bent her head down.
“What again?” Aaron asked confusedly.
“I’m sorry,” she whispered.
“For what?”
“For hurting you…”
Aaron lifted up her face to face him. He smiled softly.
“Friends?” he took out his little finger.
“Friends!” Gui Gui said happily as she lingered her little finger with his.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hasn't ended! Hasn't ended!
Okay, it's kinda long...
Hehe...
Sorry for the late update...
Thank your the comment...
And Happy New Year!
Sorry if it's kinda late...
Hehe...

BUT....
I think I MUST take a very LONG hiatus...
About three or four months..
Because I'm going to have my Nation Exams on the end of March and the start of April...
Today is the last day I can update and I will try to update all of my story...
Sorry if you're disappointed, but I hope you're willing to wait...
And I hope you're still GuiLUn LOVERS when I come back!
See ya!
^^