Chapter 33

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Thirty Three

“Huh? Aaron has already been out from the hospital? Why?” Gui Gui asked confusedly as she sat on the her bed. She was on phone with Miss Cherry. She was just about to go to the hospital when Miss Cherry suddenly called and told that Aaron wasn’t hospitalized anymore.

“Yes. He said he was okay and the doctor said it was okay as long as we have the nurse in house since he had passed the critical moment. Well, you must know Aaron really hates to be in hospital. He passed almost everyday there in the past,” Miss Cherry told in the other line.

“That’s right. Well, I think I will just come to your house and—”

“You don’t need to!” Miss Cherry suddenly interrupted.

“Why? I just want to know his condition,” Gui Gui said.

“Well, he forbade. Actually, the reason I call you is he asked me to tell you that he will wait you at a special place tonight.”

“Huh? Isn’t he sick?” Gui Gui was doubt.

“I can’t stop him,” Miss Cherry laughed. “This is the first time he wants to celebrate the Valentine’s Day.”

“Valentine? Isn’t it tomorrow?” Gui Gui looked at the calendar on the wall.

“I don’t know. He just said he wanted to celebrate it tonight with you. Hey, are two of you dating without tell me?”

“Wh…what?” Gui Gui blushed. Fortunately Miss Cherry couldn’t see her now. “I’m not dating him!”

Miss Cherry laughed louder. “Okay. Maybe it will after this night? Well, gotta go! I must help him with the preparation. Wear something formal okay? I will pick you up at 7,” Miss Cherry said it quickly and hung up before Gui Gui could answer.

“It’s weird. What’s up to Aaron?” Gui Gui mumbled.

Gui Gui glanced to the clock. It was 5 p.m. now. There were just two hours left. Gui Gui quickly opened her wardrobe and looked for ‘something formal’. She didn’t have so many choices, since she didn’t really like to wear some gowns.

“Why does Aaron ask me? Celebrating Valentine? Why is it with me?” Gui Gui thought. “Is he…really going to confess to me?”

A smile crept on Gui Gui’s face. But suddenly it faded away when a voice surprised her.

“Hey! Are you crazy, smile by yourself?”

Gui Gui turned around and saw Wang Zi was smiling at her.

“I’m not crazy!” Gui Gui protested.

“Yea, you’re not! But you’re going to,” Wang Zi laughed.

“You’re so—” Gui Gui stopped. “Eh? I feel so familiar…” Gui Gui thought.

“Hey! Back on earth, Gui Gui Wu!” Wang Zi shouted.

Gui Gui was snapped back. She smiled foolishly at Wang Zi. Then, she remembered something. Gui Gui quickly took out a blue gown and the green one, the best she had.

“Wang Zi…help me choose! You think, I must wear this one,” she showed the blue gown, “Or this one?” she showed another green one.

“Heh? Where will you go?” Wang Zi asked.

“Well…yeah…Aaron invites me to go out this night,” Gui Gui told shyly.

“Really?” Wang Zi asked sincerely. Then he stared at Gui Gui’s gowns seriously, before an evil smile plastered on his face.

“Not both!” Wang Zi said. “You’re not compatible wear gown like that!” Wang Zi rushed enter his room before Gui Gui shouted.

“QIU SHENG YI! YOU’LL—”

Once again, Gui Gui stopped. She dropped the gowns on the floor. She fell on her bed, her hands were shaking. She looked at both gowns. It were same as one year ago.

“What is this…? Déjà vu?”

(if you forget, read again chapter 4^^)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seven o’clock, Miss Cherry picked Gui Gui up. Gui Gui was already ready. Finally, Gui Gui threw her blue and green gowns in the storage room. Instead, she wore the pink one. She was stunning with that knee-length gown with the beautiful string of pearl around the waist. For the first time after a long time, Gui Gui wore the silver pair of high-heels. It was given by Ya Lun when she celebrated her sweet-seventeen birthday party. She didn’t know why, but she felt want to wear it tonight.

Miss Cherry stopped at that ‘special place’. Gui Gui went out from the car and froze.

“Miss Cherry…this place—”

Gui Gui turned around but Miss Cherry had already gone. Gui Gui turned back to that place. She covered . It was a very memorable place for her. Yes, it was the hill where she and Ya Lun met for very first time.

Slowly, Gui Gui stepped forward. She walked slowly to the place where exactly they met. Like she expected, someone was already there.

“Aaron?”

Aaron was standing beside a grant piano that Gui Gui didn’t know how he could bring it up there. Just like Gui Gui, Aaron was so handsome in his suit. He wore the black pants and white shirt, complete with the black coat, and two buttons of his shirt were ed. Seemed cool but neat at the same time.

Aaron just gave Gui Gui a small smile. He sat on the piano bench. He looked once again at Gui Gui and said, “Do you know? You’re my angel,” before he started to play the piano and sang.

(Angels by David Archuleta)
(Play this!^^)
(http://www.4shared.com/file/43619974/35947a64/David_Archuleta_-_Angels.html)

I sit and wait, does an angel contemplate my fate
And do they know, the places where we go
When we're grey and old
'Cause I've been told
That salvation lets their wings unfold
So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And I feel that love is dead
I'm loving angels instead

And through it all
She offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call
She won't forsake me
I'm loving angels instead

(Keep playing the song, okay?)

Aaron stood up and came closer to Gui Gui. He stopped right in front of her and gathered her in his arms.

“Gui Gui…I love you,” he whispered, loud enough for she heard.

“Huh? Aaron?”

“Gui Gui…I love you…I really do,” he said again. Somehow, his voice was like crying.

Gui Gui pulled apart from the hug. “I love you too, Aaron…but…” she looked down, didn’t dare to look at him. “I…I know I still love Ya Lun so much…”

“I love you too, Gui Gui,” inside, Ya Lun said.

“I love you too, Gui Gui,” Aaron repeated. “Ya Lun said like that.”

Gui Gui looked up, staring at him in confuse. “What did you say?”

“I love you more than anything,” Ya Lun said.

“I love you more than anything,” once again, Aaron repeated Ya Lun’s word.

“But now…you must forget me,” Ya Lun said again.

“But now…you must forget me,” like before, Aaron repeated.

“What are you talking about, Aaron?” Gui Gui asked, both of confuse and fear.

“Ya Lun said that,” Aaron told.

“You…what the…”

“Ya Lun is here, Gui Gui…he’s here…” Aaron placed his palm on his chest.

“You’re kidding, right?” Gui Gui forced a laugh.

“You know, Gui…I’m not kidding,” Aaron said seriously. “Ya Lun is here. He never leaves you. He’s here, in my body, watching you, guarding you…”

Gui Gui took a step back. “You’re lying!”

Aaron shook his head. “I’m not. You must know it. Before…before both of us…before I and Ya Lun disappeared in this world…”

Gui Gui stepped back again, shaking her head hardly. “You’re lying! You’re lying!”

“When did the first time you meet Ya Lun? It is thirteen years ago right when the reunion for Taipei High School was held, right? Where did you meet him? It was here, right? You think where I know this? It’s from him! It’s from Ya Lun!” Aaron told Gui Gui.

“But…he…he’s dead!” Gui Gui yelled, tears already fell.

“He’s dead. You’re right. But his soul was still here. He was captured in my body,” Aaron took a deep breath. “Both of us thought, it was because you couldn’t accept the fact that he was dead. But then…the truth is a few times scarier that we thought,” Aaron fell on his knees, both hands supported his body.

“What…what’s happened?” Gui Gui knelt beside him, held his arm.

“Do you remember…the first time you met Ya Lun? What did you both see?”

“A…shooting star…”

“Do you know what did he wish?” Aaron asked. “He wished…he wouldn’t be strange anymore…and it was fulfilled. He wasn’t strange. He was no longer…be the double personalities…”

“Double…personalities…?”

“Being polite and then rude, being nice and then cold. He had double personalities. The real personality is him…and the other one is…me…”

“What do you mean?! I don’t understand!” Gui Gui stood up.

“That night…we’re separated into two bodies…he was all healthy, lived normally…but I…I was easy to get sick…I was weak…because I’m just a part of him…”

Gui Gui remained silent. Her brain seemed not work. She couldn’t understand it.

“And then…one year ago…right on this day…was the due of our age…our life become shorter…we must disappear…but that time, when I was supposed to die, Ya Lun accidentally entered my body…gave me the strength to live…until this time…” Aaron gripped his hands tightly.

“Then…what will happen…?” Gui Gui finally spoke.

“We can’t fight the destiny. We must die, right…now…” Aaron gripped his chest. He breathed heavily as the pain entered his chest.

Gui Gui shook her head. “No! It can’t be! No! Don’t tell me…you also must leave me…?” Gui Gui cried as she fell beside Aaron.

Slowly, Aaron reached out his hand, wiped away Gui Gui’s tears gently. “Don’t cry anymore, okay? You must be strong…without Ya Lun…without me…”

Gui Gui shook her head and hugged Aaron tightly. “Don’t! Don’t leave! Aaron! I love you! Ya Lun! You can hear me?! Don’t leave me again!”

Aaron hugged Gui Gui back. His tears rolled down. Why? Why was it happened when he started to know love…when he fell so deeply in love with her…when he started to appreciate his life…?

“I love you, Gui Gui…Ya Lun and I really do love you…” Aaron whispered.

The grip of Aaron was loosened, until finally, he dropped on the ground.

Gui Gui shook Aaron’s body hardly. “Aaron! Ya Lun! Can you hear me! Wake up! Wake up!”

Gui Gui cried, kept shaking Aaron’s lifeless body. She didn’t want this. She couldn’t…be alone again…after Ya Lun left her…no…he never left her…but now he left her alone, along with Aaron.

Suddenly, very suddenly, Gui Gui’s vision turned into black.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

February 14th

The sun had rose up and shined brightly. Feeling the light and heat of the sun, Gui Gui who was sleeping woke up.

And then, what happened yesterday night came into her mind.

“I’ll count until three and all just a nightmare,” she said to herself.

“1…” she counted.

“2…”

“3…”

She opened herself, finding herself laid on her bed in her room. Nothing had changed. It was as same as when she left her room yesterday night, even she couldn’t explain how she can get back to her room.

She got up and noticed her room. It was same, but it was like something missed there. What was that? She couldn’t recall.

Gui Gui walked towards the window and found Wang Zi was wore his shoes while sitting on his bed.

“Hey, Wang Zi!” Gui Gui called. “What date is it today?”

“Huh?” Wang Zi looked up. “Why do you ask?”

Gui Gui just shook her head.

“February 14th,” Wang Zi answered.

Gui Gui smiled. Maybe it was really just a dream, she thought. “Well, I’ll take a bath,” she said and headed towards the bathroom.

Then, something caught her eyes. It was the calendar which hung on the wall.

Gui Gui read the date.

February, 14th 2009.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JENG JENG!
Surprised???
Haha…I know it’s impossible but…well yeah…that’s the story…

First of all…
I’m sorry for the late update…
I was watching The Brilliant Legacy…such a long drama but it’s really nice!^^
And then I watched Detective Conan!
Anybody like it?
I loved it so much!
Well, I just think about making Detective Conan in GuiLun version after I finish this story…
How is it?

Then, this story has about two chapters left (I hope so^.^)
It’s going to end!!!
So I have a quick quiz here…
“With whom Gui Gui at the end?”
Wang Zi, Ya Lun, or Aaron, or someone else???

And do you know guys…???
I’M SO HAPPY TODAY!
I got the result of my exams and I got the highest score in my province!
YAY!
Thank you to all of you that wish me luck!
Komawo…

That’s it!
Gotta go now…
Please comment!
^^