Chapter 30

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Thirty

February 8th 2010

Gui Gui looked at her reflection on the mirror. She smiled to herself and whispered, “Jia you!”

She felt lightened a little bit after talking to Aaron. She was glad there was him. She didn’t know but he was like her sun. She couldn’t imagine if she didn’t have Aaron by her side. Maybe she would die.

Gui Gui grabbed her bag and then ran downstairs. She joined her parents on the table for breakfast. She was about to take the bread when she noticed something different with her parents.

“Mom? Dad? What’s wrong?” she asked, kinda worried.

Her Dad sighed. He took out something. It was the newspaper this morning. Her Dad gave it to Gui Gui.

“For what is this?” Gui Gui asked again, clueless.

“Read it,” her Dad commanded.

Gui Gui looked at her Mom, but she just nodded. Slowly, Gui Gui read the first page of that newspaper, and then she knew what wrong.

FAHRENHEIT’S AARON YAN WAS CAUGHT HUGGING A GIRL AT HIS COLLEGE!!!
IS SHE HIS GIRLFRIEND?

Gui Gui stared at the photo of she and Aaron was hugging each other on the rooftop. And the worst, both Gui Gui’s and Aaron’s face could be seen clearly.

“What’s this?” her Dad asked.

“Well…you know Dad…it’s just a gossip…” Gui Gui answered nervously.

“Not about that!” her Dad stood up. “About this!” he pointed Aaron’s face.

“Mmm…I don’t understand,” Gui Gui acted puzzled.

“Look at his face! This face…is like Ya Lun’s…” his voice softened a little.

“I know,” Gui Gui bent her head down.

“I think you change because you already accept the fact, but now…do you change because of that person? Because you think he’s Ya Lun?” her Dad asked again.

Gui Gui quickly shook her head. “No! Dad! No!”

“You know, Gui Gui…he isn’t Ya Lun,” her Dad reminded her.

“I know, Dad. I know better than you!” Gui Gui stood up and then she ran outside.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The street was empty. Gui Gui was walking alone. Wang Zi didn’t have any classes this morning, and Gui Gui also didn’t want to meet him now. Not anyone.

She almost forgot that Aaron was a famous singer. She should know that being close with him would make a scandal for him. She just realized how selfish she was. She made Aaron joined the mess that she made.

Gui Gui sighed. She fell on her deep thought. She didn’t realize she already reached at her college.

SNAP!

Gui Gui was snapped out of her thought when out of the blue someone took a photo of her. All of sudden, she was trapped by a bunch of paparazzi.

“Miss Wu, are you really Aaron’s girlfriend?” one of them asked.

Gui Gui surprised. She couldn’t think straight as the reporters around her poured her with so many questions.

“Miss Wu, some of your friends said that you’re often caught walking and chatting with Aaron. Are you very close with him?”

“Eh…I…”

“Miss Wu, what do you think about the photo? Is it really you and Aaron?”

“I…”

“Miss Wu, some said that a few months ago you liked to stalk Aaron, even joined the broadcasting club, is it true?”

“I’m…”

“Miss Wu, are you…”

Suddenly a pair of strong arms wrapped Gui Gui’s body from behind. Gui Gui looked back and said, “Aaron!”

“Sorry, but move away!” Aaron said as he dragged Gui Gui out from the crowded. His hand was on Gui Gui’s waist as the other was trying to stop the paparazzi took photos of them.

Out of the blue, a black car was driven fast towards them. It stopped right in front of Gui Gui and Aaron. The door was opened as Aaron quickly pulled Gui gui to get in the car. Right after that, the car quickly drove off.

“Woah! Ah Bu! You will make new rumor!” the person who was driving commented.

“Shut up, Jiro!” Aaron hissed.

“Hey, Gui Gui. Are you okay?” the person beside Aaron asked.

“Calvin!” Gui Gui said as she saw his face.

“Long time no see,” Calvin said. “I never know that your relationship between Aaron become like this,” he winked.

“Calvin!” Aaron glared.

“Pai tuo!” the person beside Jiro said. “Your act shows it, Aaron!”

“Wu Chun, can you shut up?!” Aaron asked coldly.

“Umm…excuse me, but who are you?” Gui Gui asked.

“What?!” Jiro screamed. “You don’t know me?! You don’t know us?!”

“Hey, calm down, Jiro!” Calvin tapped his shoulder.

“Gui Gui doesn’t like pop artist. And she doesn’t care,” Aaron told.

“How can you know?” Gui Gui asked.

“Ya Lun told me,” he wanted to answer like that, but instead, he said, “You’re the only one who don’t know me nor Calvin when the first we met.”

“But I know you’re a singer because…” Gui Gui paused. “Ya Lun told me so before…he died,” Gui Gui’s voice became small.

“Ya Lun? Who is that?” Jiro asked innocently.

Aaron quickly smacked his head. He turned to Gui Gui, but she just smiled, “It’s okay.”

“Ya Lun is…my boyfriend who has passed away one year ago,” Gui Gui told as she faked a smile. “Aaron really reminded me with him, except his attitude. Aaron is so childish,” Gui Gui pouted.

“You’re right!” Jiro agreed. “And do you know? He’s so lazy!”

“Really?” Gui Gui asked as she looked at Aaron as if she .

Aaron just smiled softly. He felt happy. Gui Gui really let go. She didn’t want to be selfish anymore.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“What is this? ‘Aaron Yan saved his girlfriend’! ‘What is the relationship between them?’ Can you explain, Aaron?” Miss Ren, Fahrenheit’s manager asked as she threw the magazine away.

“I don’t have to explain,” Aaron said coldly.

“Don’t have to explain?!” Miss Ren shouted angrily.

“Aiyo…calm down Miss…” Jiro tried to calm her down.

Miss Ren breathed deeply. She threw herself on the couch as she looked at Aaron sharply. “Tell me! Is she really your girlfriend?”

Aaron kept silent.

“Speak, Aaron!” Miss Ren commanded.

“No. She isn’t my girlfriend,” he told.

“Really? I think she is?” Jiro asked.

Both Wu Chun and Calvin glared to Jiro. Jiro smiled foolishly as he motioned he locked his mouth.

“Tell me honestly! Is she your girlfriend?” Miss Ren asked.

“No, Miss Ren,” Aaron answered. “I don’t care you want me to do what, but I just hope you can make the paparazzi stop disturbing her.”

“Nah! That’s!” Miss Ren pointed him. “She’s not your girlfriend, then why do you care so much about her?”

Aaron didn’t reply, instead, he stood up.

“Hey, Aaron! Answer me!” Miss Ren shouted as Aaron just ignored her and left her office.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

February 12th 2010

Gui Gui hummed as she walked out from her class. She had already explained to Wang Zi, and she glad he understood. About her parents, she still tried to make them sure that she changed not because she thought Aaron was Ya Lun. And the paparazzi, she couldn’t do anything with them.

“Miss Wu, can we talk?”

Gui Gui was surprised when she saw a young woman-was like a business woman-appeared in front of her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Aaron didn’t want to speak anything. He said that you’re not his girlfriend, but he still didn’t explain anything about the photo of both of you for the public,” Miss Ren told. “The gossip grows more than I thought. Some rumor even said that Aaron is playing on you. Some random gossip said Aaron is a player who can kiss and hug girls randomly.”

Gui Gui listened to her, but her eyes traveled that room where they talked. It was Miss Ren’s office, and it was full with Fahrenheit’s posters. I don’t know you’re that famous, Aaron…she thought.

“Now, Miss Wu, I just hope you can help us. This rumor isn’t good for Aaron, not for his popularity, not for his group, Fahrenheit,” Miss Ren said.

“Help…what?” Gui Gui asked.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Aaron, you must come! Miss Ren is preparing a press conference for Gui Gui. She asked her to tell the public that she’s the one who chase you and…”

“I’ll be there!”

Aaron hung up the call from Jiro. He quickly drove off to the building where the conference would be held.

“Gui Gui! Stupid! Why do you want to do it? You will be bad in front of all the people!” Aaron cursed as he added the speed of his car.

“Hey, Ya Lun! You’re smart! Tell me the way to solve this problem!” Aaron asked.

“Ya Lun?” Aaron called, but Ya Lun didn’t answer. “Ya Lun?” he called again.

He didn’t feel Ya Lun’s presence even a bit. “Hey, Ya Lun! You’re still there? Ya Lun?!”

All of the sudden, Aaron lost his strength. He forced himself to still drive, but the pain struck his head.

He lost the control of his car. He couldn’t think anymore when he suddenly passed out.