Chapter 26

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Twenty Six

After that incident Gui Gui had been avoiding Aaron. She never came to the broadcast room anymore. When she saw Aaron, even from afar, she will run quickly. She didn’t really know why she avoided Aaron, but she just can’t face him. Maybe because she wanted to stop thinking about Ya Lun, or maybe, she felt guilty, very guilty to say those kind of words to Aaron.

“Gui Gui, what’s wrong with you?”

“Huh?”

Gui Gui turned to Wang Zi who was walking beside her. They just finished they last class that day, but a whole of that day, Gui Gui seemed didn’t concentrate to anything, which made Wang Zi confused, because not just that day, but these last days, she was always like that.

“You…seem weird,” Wang Zi said.

“Weird? I’m…not…” she denied and forced a smile to him.

Wang Zi didn’t say anything after that. They just walked in silence. Sometimes he glanced to her just to see her sighed. He didn’t understand. For her, Gui Gui had changed to another person that he didn’t know. She never told him about her problem again. She never noticed around her. At the past, she always cared about her friends. But now she even didn’t have any friends here except him.

“Wang Zi!”

Suddenly both of them heard a really high-pitched voice called Wang Zi. Both of the turned around and saw a cute girl ran towards them. She stopped right in front of them and caught her breath.

“Ya Tou? What’s happened?” Wang Zi asked worriedly.

Gui Gui gave Wang Zi a confused look. Wang Zi quickly introduced that girl to her.

“She is Ya Tou, my friend from Art Class,” he said.

Gui Gui nodded and smiled to Ya Tou. Wang Zi turned to Ya Tou and asked once again, “What’s happened?”

“Nothing…” she answered, still panted. “I just want to ask you when we will work our class project. It’s due tomorrow.”

“Crap! I forget! I’m sorry,” Wang Zi slapped his forehead.

Ya Tou shook her head. “No, that’s not your fault. I also forget about it.”

Wang Zi turned to Gui Gui and said, “Um…is it okay if you go home alone? I must work my project with Ya Tou…”

Gui Gui smiled. “It’s okay,” she made a sign OK with her fingers.

“Thank you,” Wang Zi pecked her forehead lightly. “Bye. Be safe.”

He grabbed Ya Tou’s hand and then led her running as fast as they can, heading to the library. Gui Gui touched her forehead, the spot where Wang Zi kissed her. Her lips slowly curled into smile.

But then that smile disappeared when she saw Aaron was walking not far from her. She quickly turned around and ran. But it was useless, because Aaron saw her already. He ran after her.

“Stop! Why are you running?” he shouted as she fastened her steps when she knew he was chasing.

“Don’t chase me!” she shouted back.

“Wu Ying Jie! Stop running!” he shouted again.

She looked back. Aaron came nearer and nearer. That’s unfair, she thought. He had longer legs than her. She ran as fast as she can. But Aaron didn’t want to give up. He was tired when he saw Gui Gui ran from him every she saw him.

He reached her but she still ran. He caught her hand quickly and pinned her on the wall. She was trapped, she can’t escape.

“Why are you avoiding me?” Aaron asked.

She refused to look into his eyes as she tried to ignore Aaron’s breath on her skin. He was just so close, too close and made Gui Gui can’t think straight.

“Why? Why do you always run when you see me?” he asked again.

She didn’t say anything. Aaron was frustrated by her act. Was that so difficult to answer him? Did she even not want to talk to him?

“You didn’t come to the broadcast room. I’ve waited for you but you didn’t show up,” he said.

“I’ve told you that…”

He interrupted her. “We’re nothing? Then because of that you ignore me? That’s lame! That’s the lamest reason that I ever heard!”

“I said we’re nothing. Then why do you still keep bothering me? Are you sick? Oh, I know. You’re the one who turn into stalker now?” she said sharply, still avoiding his eyes.

He didn’t answer. She hated this silence. She hated the way he looked at her. That wasn’t because he’s like Ya Lun. The way he looked at her, it was totally different. But why, she asked herself, why is it so uncomfortable? It sent the weird feeling to her. It made her crazy. It made her mad. Why did she feel like this towards him?

“You’re…like you want me to disappear from you sight,” he said in low tone.

“You just know it?” she lied.

“Why do you just decide like that? Then, why did you pester me when we just met? Do you play on me? Is it funny?” he raised his voice.

“Yes! That’s fun for me!” she told, almost yell. “And now I don’t want…”

Before she can finish, before Ya Lun can react something, even before she can blink, Aaron had already planted his lips on hers, shutting her up. She didn’t move. At that time her brain was like stop working.

Aaron pulled back when he was sure she won’t speak again. He placed both of his arms on the wall beside her head. He looked straight into her eyes. She was like hypnotized by him.

“Don’t avoid me…please don’t avoid me…” he whispered.

He leaned his head on her shoulder, and then said, “It’s okay you just play on me…it’s okay you consider me as a stalker…it’s okay if you saw me as an annoying person…but just don’t avoid me…I can’t stand it…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay...so much drama...
Haha...
Don't forget to comment!

Sorry for a long wait...
Just finished my term exams...
Go and see my new story:
(In The Other World)
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/rEd_berry/
Drop me a comment!
^^