Chapter 17

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Seventeen

He froze there for awhile before his consciousness back. He quickly reached the door knob and tried to open the door. It was locked. He turned back and made his way to the room key. But that room was locked too. He started to panic. What should he do?

“What are you doing here?” suddenly a voice asked him from his back.

He turned around and saw a woman walked towards him.
“Who is she?” he thought.

“It’s too late. Why are you still here?” she asked again.
“Who are you?” Wang Zi asked back.

She seemed so surprised. “What? You don’t know me?”
Wang Zi shook his head slightly.

“How can you don’t know me? I’m the most famous lecturer here!”

“Really?” Wang Zi shocked to see an enthusiast lecturer like her. “Um…I’m just transferred here,” he explained.

She nodded. “Okay, you’re forgiven for don’t know me. So, for your information, I’m Tao Mei Ren, and like I said before, the most famous lecturer here!”

She took out her hand. Wang Zi raised his hand doubtfully. She seemed so impatient. She took his hand quickly and shook it.

“I’m Qiu Sheng Yi, Teacher Tao,” Wang Zi said politely.
She warded off her hand in the air. “Don’t call me like that! Just call me Ms. Cherry.”

“Ms. Cherry,” Wang Zi repeated. “You can call me Wang Zi.”

“Wang Zi? Look compatible,” she said. “Nah, Wang Zi, what are you doing here?”

This question reminded him to the reason why was he there.

“Ms. Cherry, can you help me? My friend was locked in the storeroom!”

“Huh? How can it be?” she asked.

“I also don’t know, but, please help me now! I must find the key!”

She nodded a few times. “Okay, okay…I understand. Lucky for you I’m not just the most famous lecturer here but also the daughter of the owner of this college,” she smiled.

“You have the key?” he asked hopefully.

She took out a bunch of keys from her pocket. “Here is it!”

“Let’s go!” she led to the storeroom as Wang Zi followed her.

When they reached it, Ms. Cherry unlocked the door quickly and slammed the door opened.

Aaron and Gui Gui woke up because of the voice. Gui Gui stared at Aaron, so did he. They realized they were still in the position hugging each other. They quickly tear apart.

Wang Zi pulled Gui Gui up on his side as Aaron stood up.

“Wang Zi,” Gui Gui shocked to see her.

But Wang Zi didn’t notice her, he noticed Aaron.

“No…Ya Lun died already. I can’t be him…” he thought.

“Heh, Aaron? What are you doing here?” Ms. Cherry asked. “Gosh! I think I let out this question so many times tonight.”

“Aaron?” Wang Zi stared at Ms. Cherry, confused.

“Don’t tell me you also don’t know Aaron,” she asked in horror. “It’s okay you don’t know me, but how can you don’t know this famous singer?”

“He’s a singer?” Wang Zi pointed him. Somehow he felt relief. He’s not Ya Lun or his ghost. Ya Lun was really dead.

He turned to Gui Gui, “Why are you here? Do you know everyone really worry about you?”

“I…I’m sorry, Wang Zi…” that was all she could say.

“Stop making everyone worry, can you? If there’s something happen to you, I don’t know I must do what. Don’t you understand?”

She sighed. “I’m sorry, Wang Zi. I was locked. I really don’t mean to…”

“You’re locked, but why are you with him?” he pointed Aaron.

Aaron was getting piss with Wang Zi’s act, protested to him. “Who are you? Why are you so…bossy? She apologizes already, isn’t that enough?”

“That’s I must ask you. Who are you? How dare you touch her?” Wang Zi raised his voice.

“Hey…hey…everyone…calm down…” Ms. Cherry tried to calm down the situation, but no one noticed her.

“Who am I? Why I must tell you?” Aaron chuckled, was like mocked Wang Zi. “You act like she’s yours, but she isn’t!” He pulled Gui Gui to his side.

“And she’s also not yours,” Wang Zi pulled Gui Gui back to his side.

Aaron grabbed Gui Gui’s wrist to pulled her to his side, but Wang Zi gripped her other wrist tightly.

“Let her go,” Aaron commanded him.

“Who are you? You’re the one who must let go her,” Wang Zi said stubbornly.

They tried to pull Gui Gui to make her in their side.

“Aaron…I just wanna remind you…don’t hurt Gui Gui too much. Her wrist must be so hurt,” Ya Lun suddenly said, but Aaron just ignored him. He concerned to his battle with Wang Zi.

Ya Lun sighed. He knew that he couldn’t meddle up their problem. He was dead, what could he do? If he was live now, he swore he will pull her in his side and warn them not to do such childish thing to Gui Gui. But he was dead. Nothing could change it.

“Hey…both of you, stop acting childish! Let go of her!” Ms. Cherry approached them, but stopped when she heard they said, or was like shouted to her, “Don’t meddling up our problem!”

“Let go of her!” Wang Zi shouted to Aaron, tightened his grip.

“Why must I? She’s not yours!” he shouted back.

“And she’s also not yours!”

“What if I said she’s mine?” Aaron tried to pull Gui Gui.

“She’s not yours, she’s mine!” Wang Zi shouted again.

“STOP!” suddenly Gui Gui shouted.

“Let go of me, both of you!” she shouted again, and both of them let her go immediately.

“Why are both of you so childish?” she asked, angry.

“I’m not yours!” she turned to Wang Zi. “And also not yours!” she shouted to Aaron. “I’m just Ya Lun’s, don’t you understand?”

She rushed out and ran away. Wang Zi glared at Aaron before he went after Gui Gui as Aaron just stood there in silence.

“Aaron…what’s wrong with you? I never saw you be like this just because a girl…” Ms. Cherry broke the silence.

“None of your business! Why do you care?” he asked harshly. “I know you’re like the others, hate me and never accept me to be one of that family! Why you just leave me alone?”

She sighed. “I don’t know when you can believe I’m not like them. I consider you as my brother, you know…” She smiled to him before left.

Aaron leaned his back against the wall. He chuckled.

“Not mine, not Wang Zi’s, but yours,” he said to Ya Lun. “Can you tell me now how to make her move on?”

Ya Lun couldn’t answer. He also didn’t know what the answer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Gui, wait!” Wang Zi shouted as he chased Gui Gui who was running quickly towards her house. He grabbed her hand right before she entered the gate, but she let go quickly.

“Don’t touch it, it hurt!” Gui Gui said harshly.

“I’m sorry…I don’t mean that…” Wang Zi apologized.

Gui Gui knew he was sincere, but she was so angry now.

“Sorry? Is it enough? Acting childish like that, Ya Lun will never do it!”

He was angry to hear that, but they fought already tonight. He didn’t want to make the situation became worse.

He just forced himself to smile, even he felt pain. “You’re right. Ya Lun will never do it…because he’s not here now.”
“He will come back…”

“When?” Wang Zi asked.

“Not long again.”

“He’s not Ya Lun,” Wang Zi told her. “Aaron…he’s not Ya Lun. You know it, Gui. And I know what you are thinking.”

Gui Gui refused to look him. They stood in silence. He knew her too well. He knew what she was thinking. He knew she will consider Aaron as Ya Lun.

“Gui…do you know my promise?” suddenly Wang Zi broke the silence. “I promise I’ll make you move on, no matter what.”

He patted her head lightly and mouthed ‘take care’ before he turned around and slowly walked away.

Gui Gui stared at the spot where Wang Zi disappeared.

“I always want to fulfill your wish to make you happy,” she whispered. “But for this one…I’m sorry Wang Zi…I can’t…”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi everyone!
Sorry for not update this story for a moment...
Hope you enjoy this chapter!
Please comment!
Don't be a silent reader...really happy if you want to give me encourage comment for my update!
^^