Chapter 5

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Five

Taipei Hospital was filled with busy people. Perhaps they checked up, perhaps just visited. Or perhaps they wanted to saw their love, at death-agony or even passed away, like her…

Gui Gui ran into Room 205 with her parents followed her from behind. She pushed everyone who blocked her way aside. They yelled at her, but she just ignored them.

Room 205.

Gui Gui rushed enter the room, but suddenly stopped when saw he laid there with eyes closed, emotionless. Beside him, his parents ‘slept’ with the same expressions.

Gui Gui walked slowly towards him. She wasn’t crying, she just stared at him blankly. When she reached him, she raised her hand and touched his face; it’s cold.

“Wake up,” she shook his body.

It’s not useful, of course.

“Wake up,” she said again.

His body just laid there, not move.

“WAKE UP!” she shouted. “Yan Ya Lun, wake up! It’s not funny! Don’t fool me like this! Wake up!” she burst into tears.

“Dear…” her Mom called her, but she just ignored it.

“Yan Ya Lun, wake up! Wake up and tell me you just fool me! Yan Ya Lun!” she kept shaking his body, violently now.

“Dear…he has passed away already,” her Dad said softly, as her mother cried on his shoulder.

“No! He’s not died! I don’t believe it!” she shouted to her Dad, then turned to Ya Lun again.

“Wake up! I beg you, wake up…” she cried, buried her face on his cold chest. “Wake up…Don’t leave me…”

Her parents didn’t know what to do. They just can stare at their daughter who was crying uncontrollably.

And he also didn’t know what to do.

He stood there, watched his lovely girlfriend cried for him.
He walked approach her, raised his hand, wanted to touch her, but his hand just penetrated her body.

“Don’t cry, Gui…don’t cry for me,” he whispered, but none could hear him.

He’s just a ghost now, a soul, without body.

It was hurts, when he saw her tears, and he couldn’t comfort her. Couldn’t brush her hair, tapped her back and said don’t cry, it will be okay…

It will never be okay anymore. He’s without her, she’s without him.

“Ya Lun, wake up…” she whispered, tears rolled down from her cheeks again even she wiped its.

If he can, he’ll cry right now. Because her tears is like pierced his heart.

But he can’t. He also can’t do anything when saw she was dragged by her parents who was crying like her.

“He’s not dead…he’s not dead…” Gui Gui shouted, rebelled from her Dad arms.

“Dear…Let’s go home…” her Dad persuaded her, couldn’t saw her daughter acted like that.

Ya Lun just could watched her disappeared at the end of hallway.