Chapter 32

Eternal Sleep

 

Story Thirty Two

February 13th 2010

The ward where Aaron stayed was silent. There were just Aaron and Gui Gui there. Gui Gui read Miss Cherry’s novel that night while accompanying Aaron who hadn’t woken up.

Reading that novel made Gui Gui cried all over the night. She just knew Aaron ever had his heart broke for loving Hebe. She just knew how hard for Aaron to smile again after that. She just knew how Aaron changed to the warm Aaron after he met Gui Gui, how Aaron learnt to be care to the people around him.

Tired of crying, Gui Gui drifted into sleep on her seat with her head layed beside Aaron and her hands intertwined with his.

The night passed. The sun rose and its light shined through the curtain. Gui Gui was still sleeping, but suddenly she felt a movement on her hand. She immediately woke up and saw Aaron was staring at her. She quickly stood up and held Aaron’s hand tightly.

“Aaron? You wake up? Are you okay? Are there any pains?” Gui Gui asked him, showing her concern. Then she slapped her forehead. “Oh, right! I must call the doctor!”

Gui Gui was about to turn but Aaron caught her hand and pulled her back on her seat.

“I’m okay,” Aaron said weakly.

“Really? But…I must call the doctor,” Gui Gui looked at him worriedly.

Aaron slightly shook his head. “I’m okay. Really.”

Aaron gripped Gui Gui’s hand while his eyes never left hers. Gui Gui was confused seeing how Aaron looked like want to cry.

“What’s wrong, Aaron?” she asked.

Instead answer, Aaronlet go off Gui Gui’s hand. He turned his body to the other side and said, “Can you call my sister?”

Gui Gui nodded, puzzled. She gave the last glance to Aaron before went out to call Miss Cherry.

Hearing the door closed, Aaron let his tears fell freely.

“Why must now? Why?” he whispered to himself, his voice was trembling.

Why the truth was so cruel?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aaron’s ward was filled by the rest of Fahrenheit plus Gui Gui, Aaron’s Grandma and Miss Cherry now. They were chatting happily now, except Gui Gui. Even the doctor had said that there was nothing to be worried, but Gui Gui was really worry now.

Aaron wasn’t like himself, Gui Gui noticed it. He like was hiding something, but Gui Gui couldn’t guess. She just could watched unusual Aaron put his big smile to everyone, eventhough inside he was suffering now.

“Hey, Gui…do you know your conference press yesterday has become hot gossip now?” Calvin asked, snapping Gui Gui from her thought.

“Huh? Why?” she asked back.

“Of course!” Jiro said enthusiastically. “Even you said you’re not Aaron’s girlfriend, but you also said that he was—”

“STOP!” Gui Gui interrupted. “Don’t say it!” she was blushing madly, remembering what she said. And the most important, she wouldn’t let Aaron know it. It was so embarrassing!

“Why? Just continue, Jiro! I want to know,” Aaron said.

“Don’t you dare!” Gui Gui glared to Jiro.

The rest were laughing seeing them. Gui Gui’s attention was on Jiro now, forbidding him to say what Gui Gui said in conference press. She didn’t notice now that Aaron was staring her, staring his friends, and his family with a very sad gaze.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Bye, Aaron!”

“You must recover soon, or we can’t hold our next concert!”

“And don’t forget about the broadcasting club!”

“Alright! Alright! You’re so fussy!” Aaron complained, but still he smiled when his friends bid his goodbye.

“Well, I will come back after I change,” Gui Gui told.

“Just take a rest,” Aaron said. “Don’t worry.”

Gui Gui shook her head. “I will come back!”

“Take care, Aaron. Rest well,” Grandma said.

“Thank you, Grandma. I love you,” he said sincerely, even Jiro who would laugh in usual situation didn’t say anything.

After that, they left the hospital. Aaron was just with Miss Cherry now. Miss Cherry tidied the ward while Aaron stared at the view outside through the window, falling in the deep thought.

“Jie…” he suddenly called.

Miss Cherry almost dropped the glass in her hand. “Wh…what did you just call me?”

Aaron chuckled. “Jie…”

Miss Cherry rushed to him and hugged him tightly. “Finally! Finally you consider me as sister!”

Aaron hugged her back. “Okay, I can’t breathe now!”

Miss Cherry laughed. She released the hug. She sat on the edge of the bed, facing Aaron as Aaron talked.

“Umm…jie? Can you help me?”