Chapter 1

Eternal Sleep

 

Story One

“He’s strange! I don’t want to play with him!” a little girl cried to her Mom.

“Oh, Alyssa dear…you mustn’t say that! What’s wrong with Ya Lun?” her Mom asked her.

“He’s strange! He’s really kind first, but change to really arrogant just a few moments later!” that little girl kept crying.

Ya Lun felt so sad when he heard that. He didn’t know why that girl felt like that. He never remembered that he acted so arrogant.

He slowly walked away from the place where full with Taipei High School alumnus and their children were. This is the reunion for them, included his parents. That event was held in the big park near Taipei High School that night.

Ya Lun stopped when he’s sure none could see him. He sat down on the grass and realized that he was on the hill already. He could see his parents and their friends chatted happily down there. He also could see the children played together.

He sighed. He never can be the one of them. Everyone always say that he’s strange. What’s the point they said he’s strange? He never knows.

Suddenly he felt pat on his shoulder. He lifted up his face and saw a little girl smiled to him.

“What are you doing here?” she said as she sat down beside him.

“I don’t know. I’m just uncomfortable there. Everyone said me strange,” Ya Lun bent down his head.

“Don’t hear what Alyssa said. I think you’re not strange. She’s the one who is too annoyed,” that girl told him.

“Really?” Ya Lun asked happily.

She nodded. “I’m Gui Gui. I think your name is Ya Lun?”

“Yes,” Ya Lun smiled.

“We’re friends now!” Gui Gui took out her little finger. Ya Lun hooked his little finger with hers.

“Look! Shooting star!” suddenly Gui Gui pointed on the sky. “Let’s make a wish!”

“I hope I don’t be a strange anymore!” Ya Lun prayed in his mind.

“I hope I’m not careless anymore,” Gui Gui said it loudly.

“Hey, you mustn’t say it loudly or your wish won’t fulfill,” Ya Lun warned her.

“What? Ugh…! Don’t say I’ll be careless forever!” Gui Gui shook her head.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be your side and guard you,” Ya Lun promised. Gui gui smiled happily.

Then he and Gui gui watched the night together, started their friendship since that time.

It’s the memories about twelve years ago, when Ya Lun was ten years old and when Gui Gui was seven years old.