Seven

The Mission (Got7 & BAP)

July 10th, 2016 

The body was brought out on a gurney and I had just walked into work when I saw the crowd. Well, he drank his coffee last night at midnight like he should've. 

"What happened?" I made my voice shaky and appearance to seem afraid to my chief. 

"General Wilson committed suicide very early this morning. I should've known something was wrong with him. After midnight, he turned cranky and sad and started talking about the weirdest things. I could only understand some of it, but I didn't check on him until 5 and when I walked in... He had taken one of the cyanide pills in his emergency pocket." Cheif Lee looked down at the floor.

"That's terrible." I fake wiped a tear. These people had no clue. 

"The NIS forensics agents came in and found that as the only probable cause. I just can't believe he did something like this. He seemed happy yesterday." I nodded along with him and tried to look the most upset I could. 

"I guess I have to address everyone." He moved away and through the middle of the crowd to the front. 

"Everyone, listen! We can pay our respects, but I think General Wilson would want us to continue with our work. Let's all work with his memory in our hearts, understand?" Everyone nodded and some cries were heard.

Being able to fake your emotions is one of the biggest things. You need to make them seem believable yourself. -Officer KIM 

I put a hand over my mouth to block out a sob. I should be an actor, really. 

"Throughout the day, NIS agents will be coming through here. I hope you will stay out of their way and continue with your work as normal. If you need the day off, though, that is fine with me." NIS agents...Yi-Eun Tuan. I needed that day off work. 

People went back to their stations and I put my head down, letting my emotions flow, and walked to the Cheif. 

"Cheif, I...I'm so sorry to do this, but I need a- a day off." I acted like I was going to hold back a sob. 

"I understand Kim, it's hard when you've worked with him personally. You can have today and, if you need it, tomorrow." I nodded and wiped more tears. He put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. 

"Rest up, and don't get stressed." I nodded and turned to walk out with some others. That's when the black suits came into my view. I hid behind some of my co-workers who were walking out and put my shawl over my face like I was trying to hide my tears...but luck wasn't with me. 

I slipped, and ended up hitting one of the agents in the arm, hard. He stopped and I settled myself down, pulling the shawl over like I was wiping tears again. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't see where I was going," I said to the agent, looking up, not meeting his eyes. 

"It's fine, don't worry. Just watch where your stepping so you don't fall." I nodded and he turned to walked. My hands gripped the shawl, nails digging into it. 

I caught his back. His hair was now brown, the same color as mine. 

I might need that second day off now. 

 

Sent To: Unknown

David Wilson is dead. They have ruled it a suicide. What is my next step? 


"No, Yugeyeom, you can't ask a girl out like that," I answered him blankly and he seemed to scoff on the other end of the phone. 

"And why not?" I rolled my eyes and hopelessly clicked through channels. 

"Because no girl will want to date you." 

"Says the one with no dating experience." I rolled my eyes again and I felt like they were going to roll out of my skull. Himchan was giving me the oddest look. 

"Maybe guys like you asked me out, that's why."

"Then how should I ask her out?" I shrugged. 

"I have no idea, just not like that. Don't you have friends that could give you advice better than I?" 

"But Noonaaaaaaa-"

"Ask whatever his name is."

"Jin-young? He went back to Busan for a bit." My eyes widened and I mouthed that name again.

"Park Jin-young?"

"Yeah, do you know him? He has black hair." 

"Very descriptive. Yeah, I've met him around Seoul probably. That name sounds familiar. Anyways, don't ask her out the way you wanted. Ask her for coffee or something." 

"But I don't like coffee!!" He whined. 

"I'm hanging up and if you call me back, you better have a date." 

"Wait, wait, wa-" I hung up and tossed the phone next to me.

"Who was that?" Himchan asked out of curiosity. 

"Yugyeom." Tuan had taken my instructions and not spread what happened to the college. No one had found out about me, except for the two in the room. That meant that Yugyeom thought I had graduated early and for the 3 month period I was in hiding, I was in America with my brother. The kid is really gullible. 

"And why are you talking to this Yugyeom?" JB joined in our conversation from the kitchen, walking in with his bowl of ramen.

"He's a kid I met at college, and he left a good impression on me." JB cocked an eyebrow. 

"Since when did you have friends?" Since when did Kyung-Il have friends? 

"He's not a friend, he just reminds me of Junhong and is hopeless at everything he does." JB laughed and nodded his head. 

"Okay, so you're using him as a stand-in for your brother." I glared at JB and went back to flipping through the channels. 

"Why are you off work for the next two to three days? You never clarified. 

"Yi-Eun Tuan is inspecting the office with his buddies. I don't want to be seen." Himchan nodded and gestured for the remote. I tossed it to him and he began flipping through the channels as well. 

"It's hard when you can't understand 50% of what they're saying," JB mumbled and I nodded in agreement. 

"There's so many words that are the English thing. What do they call it, Konglish?"

"Yeah, like ice cream. The first time I heard that word I was confused." Himchan added. 

"South Korea is confusing." We all agreed with a nod and my phone buzzed. I picked it up thinking it was Yugyeom, but the email notification made me jump up a bit. 

From: Unknown 

Keep monitoring Yi-Eun. We will give you more details later. Make sure you get up in your ranks to see the president. 

Main mission: Stay undercover until given notice. 

I sighed at the order and deleted the message. I got no information on Junhong and I was basically told to do nothing. What was I going to do now? 

"What does the regime say?" JB finished off his ramen in record speed. 

"Keep to your own mission," I growled, walking upstairs. 

I was now labeled dormant.