Sixteen

The Mission (Got7 & BAP)

"So, tell me the two things you need to remember when moving around with major stitches?" I looked at the nurse and shrugged. 

"I know what to do. Do I need to tell you like a three-year-old or can I just leave?" She huffed again and looked like she was about to clock me with her clipboard. 

"You can't leave without someone to check you out."

"Why? I'm a grown adult. I can drive my car or even walk if I have to." 

"We were told not to let you leave until someone authorized came to pick you up."

"And I bet there's only one person who is on that list...Can I go walk around to waste time?" She shook her head. 

"Last time we let you walk around, you tried to escape. We can't risk that again." I uncrossed my legs and leaned forward, chin in my hand. 

"What if someone comes with me?" 

"We were given instructions to not let you out of a five-foot radius of this room by -"

"I swear to God if you say Tuan-sshi, I will run through this window and plunge to my death." She stayed quiet after that and tapped her fingernails against the back of her clipboard. 

"If it makes you happy, there's a water station on the wall outside of your room. You can walk there." I stood up quickly and winced at the pain in my side. She smirked as I lowered my hand back to my side. 

"What were those points again?" I growled at her in anger as I passed and opened the door. The hallway was filled with only nurses and doctors. If Tuan was coming to pick me up, he was going to take his sweet time. And, if there was any way of getting out of it, I was not riding in a car with him alone. 

The lever clicked up and I put the cup to my lips, turned to lean back on the counter. It was eleven-thirty. I was probably going to get picked up at five if I was lucky. Picking me up was probably the last thing on anyone's list at the NIS. 

"Noona!" I jumped and choked on my water. Putting the cup down, I turned quickly to look at who called that name. 

N-noona?

"You told you to have fun shopping! Not to get shot!" The blonde hair snapped me out of any thoughts of before and I smiled as Yugyeom made his way down the hallway towards me, basically running. 

"Your directions weren't clear." I moved over and he leaned on the counter with me. There was a shopping bag in his hands and I looked down at it. 

"I swear if you bought something for me, you're taking it back." He rolled his eyes at me and held up the bag. 

"I did not go through this hospital's security just for you to say no to this."

"There better not be any alcohol in there because, a, I'm on pain medication, and, b, I won't let you drink any in a hospital." He laughed and looked inside the bag.

"Well, that ruins 90 percent of this..." I sighed and threw my empty cup into the trash can at my feet.

"I'm stuck here waiting for my ride to pick me up, so I'll let it slide." His smiled brightened a bit and followed me into my room...Until the nurse stopped me. 

"You are not allowed to have unregulated visitors." 

"Since when? That's not what I was told." 

"Since two days ago when you tried to-" I walked right passed her and sat down on the chair next to the bed. 

"-Well, then it's my problem if I get caught. Yugyeom, come on." He gave a nervous gaze to the nurse and bowed before walking passed her as well. She gripped her clipboard till her knuckles turned red and walked out. Yugyeom pulled up a chair and sat next to me, putting the bag on the bed. 

"You're really on her bad side, aren't you?" 

"She's my nurse and my occupational therapist. I pretty much refused anything she wanted me to do and did what I wanted. I've forgotten half of the things she's told me."

"I don't remember you being this problematic, Noona." I laughed and shrugged. 

"They should be nice to me, I've been shot." 

"How bad is it? What even happened? I literally talked to you an hour before I heard you got shot. Seriously, how do you go from grocery shopping for your future mother-in-law to almost dying?" 

"Mino pretty much broke up with me, so I don't think she's my future mother-in-law anymore." His eyes widened. 

"He broke up with you?" I nodded and Yugyeom burst out laughing, holding his stomach. Is he going crazy or...?

"I never thought he would be the one breaking up with you! That's hilarious! What did you do? Ruin pretty boy's plans by getting shot and made him mad? This is rich!" I smiled at Yugyeom as he wiped tears from his eyes. Yugyeom absolutely hated Mino, and that's when I knew he was the one I was going to keep around without ideas of personal gain. 

"I made him mad and someone came in and made him even madder. He walked out without saying anything, so I actually don't know if he did break up with me o he was being a drama queen again. Either way, I'm done with him." 

"There is a God and he is good. Now I can set you up with one of my friends or something! How about my Hyung?" I gave him a 'really?' look but he never stopped laughing. I tried to reach into the bag while he was temporarily unavailable, but that snapped him back to reality and he grabbed it from my hand.

"Not before you tell me what's up with you." He gestured to my right side, which, even through a shirt, looked heavily wrapped in bandages. 

"I got shot between my organs and my right lung. It nicked my lung, but they repaired it in surgery. The exit wound on the back is what is the worst. They told me they had to let me drain for two days before I actually got stitches. I woke up a few hours after the surgery, but went back to sleep. I only noticed the pain. The entrance wound only has a few stiches since it isn't big enough for a major overhaul and it isn't small enough for no stiches at all." He nodded and leaned back in his chair. 

"How did it happen?" This was the one thing I hadn't thought about. How was I supposed to tell Yugyeom how this happened? And how was I going to tell him I was moving to China or going into witness protection? Do I tell him the truth? No, I can't do that. And I promised him I'd be at his graduation. 

"I'm an NIS agent, you knew that. There was some suspicion over a building in Hongdae. I was the closest so I was sent to it. I was outnumbered, but backup came in time and I only got shot through once."

"Whoa, I knew you were a badass, but not this much. You fought off those people all by yourself."

"Actually, she had my help, but I never get credit." I groaned at the intruder. He was earlier than I ever expected, but I wanted to spend time with Yugyeom. 

"There we go again, thinking about yourself." I turned back to Yugyeom and he nodded his head a little bit towards Tuan, who was annoyed with my remark.

"Yugyeom, you know who this is." 

"Long time, no see, Yugyeom." Yugyeom stood and bowed to Tuan. 

"Tuan-sunbae."

Sit down, Yugyeom, he isn't that special. If anything he should be bowing to you." Yugyeom sat down, still very confused, and Tuan went back to his place on the wall. 

"Why is he here..?" He whispered to me as Tuan and I were glaring at each other. 

"He's here to pick me up, but he can leave and let me talk to my friend." Tuan rolled his eyes and I wanted to launch something at his face. 

"You must not think me a busy person. We're on a tight schedule HyeIn, I can't just wait for you for a few hours." 

"Oh, I can leave, it's fine!" Yugyeom stood up and I grabbed his wrist, still glaring at Tuan. 

"Yugyeom bought stuff and brought it here. It would be rude to just leave it to waste. The precinct isn't far from here, I could just walk there."

"See the only problem with that is the fact that I will lose my job if I let you walk by yourself." 

"Than that's exactly why I'm staying." 

"Yugyeom, can you leave?" Tuan turned his head to look at Yugyeom who looked back at me. I sighed and decided to let him go and not get him involved. 

"I'll call you and we can find a time to meet somewhere. We haven't eaten together in a long time." Yugyeom looked relieved as he gathered up his things.

"Bye Noona!" He waved and walked by Tuan, bowing a bit. 

"And then there were two." I glared at Tuan again, standing up. 

"Tell me Jacksons outside doing paperwork while you're harassing me?" 

"Yeah, why?" I started towards the door, picking up a bag with my medication. 

"I'm riding with him everywhere. I don't trust you. I won't ever trust you." He let out a low whistle and pushed himself off of the wall, following me out. I brightened up when I saw Jackson signing papers on the reception desk.

"So, I'm finally free." Jackson looked at me and I leaned against the counter. 

"You're being transferred to a different prison." I glanced over to Tuan who was standing against the wall again. I wonder if that's his favorite place. 

"How right you are. You're driving me where ever we're going. I don't trust any of you, but I trust him the least." He let out a huff as he signed the last paper in the pile. 

"You're going to have to get used to him." I crossed my arms and let out a dramatic sigh. 

"You were sure there were no other agents who even remotely showed interest in this assignment?" He shook his head. 

"You have quite a track record with Mark. No one wanted to break that."

"I'm sure. How well are bribes received by NIS agents?" 

"I heard that." Tuan cut in and I sneered at him. 

"Stay in your conversation with the wall." He huffed in anger and turned back to what he was doing, which was looking at the wall. He scoffed again and pushed off of it.

"You are free to go. Make sure you take one pill every 5 hours and don't do any strenuous activities for 3 weeks."

"Do strenuous activities include murder?" The reception's eyes widened and she quickly took the papers from Jackson's hands. Jackson his heels and walked to the elevator, Tuan and I following. 

"I doubt you could kill me. You had three years and I'm still alive." 

"I had a country governing my every move. Now, it's my own conscious." The elevator opened and I made sure I was the farthest away from Tuan I could be.

"I can't believe you two are living together now. I'm honestly going to take you up on the bribing idea HyeIn. You two will kill each other."

"No, I'd kill her first. I'm the one with the weapons." I rolled my eyes. 

"I have a knife, that's all I need." 

"Oh, looks like Jackson didn't tell our little friend all of the rules." Tuan looked up at the ceiling and I looked straight at Jackson, who had a guilty look on his face. 

"I was waiting til we got to the NIS HQ and you got the questioning done." Tuan let out another of his annoying, short laughs. 

"You don't get any weapons until I see it fit. Since that will be, oh, never, you should get used to hand-to-hand combat. Isn't that something you need to improve on anywa-?" I lunged at him and got my hand barely around his neck before Jackson had me pinned up against the elevator wall and the stop button was pressed between the 3rd and 2nd floors. Tuan had his gun out and it was pointed straight at my forehead. 

"I swear to God, I'll kill one of you myself! You two ing idiots need to try to not start World War Three and get along! I know preschoolers who have better people skills than both of you!"

"He started it." Jackson rolled his eyes and let go of me, pointing his gun at Tuan, who refused to lower his. 

"If I get a call that someone received a fatal gunshot wound at Mark Tuan's apartment, the one who did it is up for murder and a life sentence. Do you two understand?" 

"Yes, mom." Tuan let out, still aiming at my forehead.

"Put your gun away before I do it for you," Tuan still didn't lower it, "I can also blow off your hand right here if that will be the easier way." He glanced over to Jackson's gun which was now cocked and aimed for Tuan's right wrist. That made him finally put it back into his jacket. Jackson pressed the button so the elevator would start working again and didn't leave his spot right between us. 

"When did the both of you get this immature?" Jackson mumbled and the elevator door opened. He gestured for Tuan to go first, followed by himself, and then me. 

"I have to keep you two separated til I can't anymore." 

"I just don't get why she hates me so much, Jackson. I've never done anything." 

"Oh, you've never shot me before. That's right, I must've been mistaken."

"Oh, I just don't have an eight-inch scar on my chest from you. That's right. I must've been mistaken too." 

"Both of you shut up or I put a bullet in each of your stomachs!