Nineteen

The Mission (Got7 & BAP)

My eyes snapped open from the dreamless sleep. I looked around and the annoying heart monitor sped up. Not even a day.

"So, you don't know what happened?" I looked up and at the two shadows passed the white curtain. No one was aware I had woken up.

"I've told the nurses ten times, I don't know." Tuan and probably the psychiatrist. I smirked. Why is Tuan trying to hide what he did? Is responsibility another thing he doesn't have?

"I'll just have to ask if she knows. The nurses said she was very demanding." Tuan hid a laugh and I rolled my eyes.

"Sounds like her. She's one of the most annoying people I've even met." I let out a small 'huh' and Tuan turned instantly, opening the curtain and glaring at me.

"Kim-shi, how are feeling?" The psychiatrist pulled up a chair next to mine. This curtained-off section was two small for the three of us.

"Attacked." I looked up and glared at Tuan who took his usual stance staring at the wall.

"The nurses said that you gave them specific instructions. I'm here to give you medicine? Couldn't have you gotten that at a pharmacy?"

"The last time I needed it was last year. I ran out of it, I need more now apparently." Tuan perked up and tilted his head. There was a fact he didn't know about me.

"I have no prescriptions under your hospital file...You also have been out of the hospital for...five hours."

"I got the prescription from China. I just need someone to give it to me."

"That's not how it works Kim-shi. I need to evaluate you and give you the best medication for your problem."

"If I call my doctor in China and he faxes you a prescription, can you honor it?" He looked down at the papers again, probably checking his options.

"If you can reach him and he agrees and gives me options, then yes I can. It also has to be an approved medicine in South Korea." He was apprehensive, I could tell. I didn't need a doctor who wasn't going to help me.

"Tuan hand me your phone."

"Wh-" I turned and gave him the same glare. I should say I just turned to look him. He tossed me his phone and I punched in the numbers, hoping he would answer. Three possibilities went to my head.

  1. I could get my prescription and be on my way.
  2. He could not treat me because I'm now a defector.
  3. He doesn't answer and I'm stuck with a mouse for a doctor.

"Hello, this is Doctor Zhang." A familiar voice answered in Mandarin and I was relieved to cross out possibility 3.

"Doctor Zhang, it's me. Kim Hye-In. Is there any way you can fax my prescription to Seoul Ho-"

"I'm sorry, but that is not possible. Goodbye."

"Doctor, I need this presc-"

"One, it's not approved in South Korea, and, two, I am risking my life talking to you. Goodbye." He hung up the phone and left me with a hard grip on Tuan's.

"I assume it's not good news." I threw Tuan back his phone and stood up, taking out the IV that they had put in me.

"Kim-shi, you can't leave yet. We need to diagno-"

"Send the bill to Tuan's house." I opened the curtains and looked for the exit. A hand grabbed my shoulder and I shrugged it off.

"If you need to get medicine, get it." I turned and looked at Tuan, surprised at his tone. He was genuine now, but what about when they had asked him what happened?

"You want me to turn back around and tell them why this happened in the first place?" I swear his face paled a bit.

"You tell no one." It was that low murderous tone.

"I tell no one. That means you owe me," I smirked as his face flashed with anger, "Actually we're even. I keep your lies a secret, and you keep the ones you made for me." 

"Manipulative bi-"

"Cold hearted bast-"

"-Kim-shi, would you please just st-"

"We're leaving. She'll call you if she needs you." The doctor shied away from the tension and we both turned to walk out the double doors.

_____________________________

His apartment was on the twelfth floor and I just stared at the lit up button on the board. It had stayed silent the whole way back and we had only exchanged glares. As the voice announced we were on the floor, the doors opened showing two faces I didn't want to see.

"Jackson called me and told me you went back to the hos-"

"-They're starting again?" Youngjae shut up Junior and all of the attention went to him.

"Mind your own business." I pushed passed a bewildered Youngjae and Tuan did the same, then, after, pushed me.

"One moment they can be in the same room together having a nice talk, the next they're aiming guns at each other's heads," Junior mumbled before going into the door that was stationed right next to Tuan's. Tuan joined him, bu walked into the other door. I took one step, trying to get out of the suffocating always, but Youngjae opened his mouth too fast. 

"If you need anything, I'm here. I know Tuan isn't, hell, he's the worst person for you to live wi-" I snapped my head to look at him, keeping my feet where they were. 

"Correction. You would be the worst person for me to live with. I can stand in a hallway with Tuan and only think about doing things to him. If I stand in a hallway with you, I will execute those actions."

"Mee-"

"You time, Comrade Yoo, is coming to a close. Let's not catch each other in this hallway without others." Before he could say something passive-aggressive or lovey-dovey, I walked into Tuan's apartment and slammed the door. The beep behind me signaling it had locked. No one was in the immediate room and I had a feeling I had just walked myself into the lion's den. 

The apartment was big, spacious, but too large for only one person. The doors to the sides told me that Tuan had lots of bedrooms and/or closets. The kitchen was flush to the large living room, an opening in the wall letting anyone through. The kitchen counter was the only space for people to eat, but Tuan didn't need a dining table if he was only eating with one. the counter had chairs on my side and a large opening that stayed open where the walk-in was. Cabinets were probably on the other side of the opening cutting it's width to five or six heads tall. It was also a large kitchen for only one, and judging by the dust, Tuan doesn't need a kitchen, just a microwave. 

I scanned the living room as well, the dark aura of things setting in. Black leather couch, loveseat, and chair. An ink colored coffee take and multiple end tables took their places on the cedar wood, almost blending in with it. The Tv was mounted on the wall just above a fireplace, again, barely used. The lack of darkness showed anyone that. Other decorations were placed around the living room, but it was almost like I was walking into a showroom. Everything was just too perfectly in place. People would only come in to look- not touch. I have to change the workplace and Tuan's apartment. It technically is our apartment for the next three months. 

I cringed at my thought and look around again, taking everything in without psychoanalyzing it. In short, I hated it. The apartment embodies Tuan to a T. Boring, dark, cold.

 A door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts. Tuan walked out and my eyes widened in his casual attire. I've never seen him in anything then a suit.

"Take your time scoping everything out. Memorize where it is, because that is where it is going to stay." He walked into the kitchen and reached into one of the cabinets above the opening, taking out a glass of water.

"They say a dog looks like it's owner, but they can add apartments to that list as well." He let out a little laugh and put the glass into the sink after draining it in one go. 

"If a person is living at another's house for three months, they should follow the homeowner's rules, correct?" I nodded. What ludicrous rules am I going to have to follow? 

"Rule number one, the most important one, do not enter that door." He pointed to the one he just came out of and sat down on the couch that was facing the Tv. 

"Two, you will not be allowed into the kitchen unless I have taken the knives out of it. Weapons are weapons, my life is my life." I gave him a look, but he cast it aside and went on.

"Three, you cannot leave this apartment without me at you side. Even if you are going to Junior's apartment, you cannot go without me."

"As long as Youngjae is there, I have no intention."

"Good. Four, you must be able to wake up at a time where we can leave through that door at exactaly 6:30 AM."

"You can't leave without me, what happens if I don't come." He gave me a testing look and raise his eyebrows.

"I drag you out in the position you are in."

"You have too many rul-"

"And number five, that bathroom is yours," he pointed to the first door on the opposite side of his, "And that one is mine." he pointed to one next to his bedroom. "This rule is to protect both of us."

"I won't break that rule." His face dropped.

"You won't break any of my rules if you want to live. Dinner is at 1900 every night. I order out. Your things are in your bedroom, get acquainted with it because that is where you will be spending most of your time." He stood up and walked back into his bedroom. 

I turned to the wooden door that he hadn't pointed at before walking over to it. I guess I have two hours to get aquainted.