Eighteen

The Mission (Got7 & BAP)

"You leave in two weeks and go to the closest base. It's like you're going to the military, but for a shorter amount of time. You get a break after the first month."

"Do I have to cut my hair again?" He shook his head and handed me a stack of papers.

"This is everything you have to read up on. At the end, it's the contract that you signed with Jackson." Nickhun handed me the papers and I flipped through them.

"I know how military operations work in South Korea. That was one of my first jobs."

"Yeah, but this is different. I thought I read up enough, but then I got there and it was completely different."

"You went there?" He nodded. Nickhun was the only one in the past two hours that actually came near me and talked to me. He probably drew the short straw by the way he was fidgety. 

"Everyone who's not Korean goes to the military training. Everyone has to go to the espionage one, but that's different from this." I nodded and clicked a pen, going to the last page and signing. I handed him the stack back.

"I like to be surprised." He quickly got up and walked away, leaving to my own thoughts again. Tuan was being yelled at by the director, Jackson left, BamBam doesn't work in this department yet, Youngjae knows not to go near me right now, and Junior was probably with Tuan.

I still wondered why Tuan took that chance to talk to me about my brother. Someone could've unlocked the door or all the microphones couldn't have been shut off. He risked his job and the oath he took to save my brother. Why? We've been nothing but horrible to each other. He wasn't trying to change that. 

...that means you owe me. 

He was trying to rack up my debt to him. That's the only possible option. My eyes went into slits as I stared through the door where he would be. That little is trying to make me his , literally.

"If you ever pull like that again Tuan, your title won't mean anything anymore! You got that!" The door was opened and the chief's face was as red as a tomato and Tuan looked...small...? He didn't have the light in his eyes that he had when he was talking to me in the room. The determination when he was trying to arrest me. What's up with him? He turns himself off. It was right as we stepped on the asphalt on this place. 

"Yes, sir. I understand."

"Good. Now leave before I do anything else. Junior, make sure you monitor Tuan now. you live next to him." Junior walked behind Tuan who had locked eyes with me and nodded. 

"Yes, sir." Junior glared at the back of Tuan's head and they walk towards me.

"So, do I get out of these handcuffs or...?" Tuan said nothing, just unlocked them and threw them on his desk. He started walking again and I stood up, trying to follow him. My legs were too short for this. Junior lives next to him. I decided to slow down and join Junior. 

"How bad did he get his handed to him?" Junior glanced at me and was surprised I had started the conversation. 

"Why do all of our talks begin with him?" Anger was evident in his voice.

"Answer my question."

"Tuan thinks he's untouchable with his title, but he doesn't see that others are suffering because of his attitude. He was fine until you came into the picture. He's obsessive and will get his way, cold or warm. I'm his friend, but when I get yelled at because he did something wrong. If he would talk more, maybe he would seem more empathetic or more like a person with a heart." I raised an eyebrow as I heard that comment about Tuan for the fifth time today. Tuan doesn't talk? He's cold, sure, but unresponsive..? It seems like I've found some beef on him.

"Good luck living with him, that's all I have to say. I can't stand to even see him at his desk some days." He rolled his eyes and turned down another hallway, leaving me alone to follow Tuan...who I lost. Great.

"If you don't stay with me, you'll get really lost." I jumped a bit as I bumped into Tuan who had stopped.

"Sorry Mr. cold hearted and unresponsive." He rolled his eyes and pushed the door open. Wait, I had to drive with him. Jackson left.

"My coworkers just differ in opinion from me and it comes off as that."

"I thought he was mute...?"

"Like I said." He opened his car door and I stood, not trusting him. He's lying about his job, and I am not going to die in a car crash.

"Get in." He muttered and I put my hand on the hood.

"I've seen you drive once, and from that, I know that I never want to get in a car with you."

"Get in before you start a scene."

"Why doesn't Tuan YiEn want to start a scene in front of his workplace? You had no problem doing it in Busan." His jaw clenched and looked up at me.

"You can walk, I have no guilt if I leave you."

"But wouldn't that show how cold you are to me? How heartless you are? Ho-" He got out and pulled me into the backseat in one fell swoop, not forgetting the handcuffs. My head hit the glass and he slammed the door, getting into his side. He peeled off and rolled up his window, my body still sliding around the back because of his high speeds.

"I swear, if you ing say those words to me, I'll kill you. Never and I mean never say that to me again." His tone was back to its usual murderous tone.

"You kill me, you die." My tone was back again.

"At least I die fighting for myself." The car speakers let out a phone ring and I looked at the screen. Jackson.

"Speak and I'll shoot you for him to hear." He pressed a button on the wheel and the call connected.

"Did you get her in the car with you?"

"Forcefully." Jackson let out a laugh.

"Well, I just faxed the papers she signed to the ROK HQ, so she's official now. She'll go to the base in Seoul, only problem-"

"I'll tell her later when he's near. I want to see what she does." I move forward trying to get to Tuan's face. 

"Tell me wh-"

"Would you just shut the up for once?!" I leaned back in my seat, my eyes wide. Unresponsive, huh? 

"Mark, be nice. Don't make her happy to leave for the military camp. You only have two weeks."

"Too much time. Why'd you call?"

"To tell you that and made sure you didn't make her walk. I know your not that cold-" He hung up on Jackson and I smirked. He had a problem with being called that. A real problem.

"He won't be able to hear me when I shoot you."

"What-" He pressed a button on the dashboard and turned to me, putting a gun to my head. My hands tried to go up the stop him, but they were handcuffed. Tuan smirked and I was honestly scared for a second, but there was no gun shot.

"Remeber this scene, because if you mess up like that again, you'll feel deja vu." I glared at him down the barrel.

"I'm not going to be your or your submissive. After the training, I get rid of you."

"That's if you get to the training." He took the safety off and cocked the gun. His hand moved to the trigger and I got out of the way, trying to use my feet to direct the bullet up through the roof. A click went through the car, and no bullet followed.

"Loaded weapons are not allowed in the NIS Headquarters." He turned back to the wheel and threw the gun on the passenger seat. My breathing was rapid and I blinked my eyes a few times.

Remember that. Junhong, No- BAM!

My breathing went rapid and I held my head as a ringing went through it. Not now. I don't need this right now.

"Remember Hy...HyeIn?" My head went off again and I held it with both hands, cowering on the floor of Tuan's car. me. It's coming back right when I need it the least.

"HyeIn? Are you that ing gun shy that you're getting scared? God-"

"Hospital, now."

"Hospital? I just got you out do you need to go ba-"

"Get me to a hospital before I pass out again!" I felt the car do a sharp turn and cars honked. I held my head, trying not to close my eyes.

"Jackson!"

"What do you want? You hung up on my -"

"Get to the hospital now, I don't know what's going on!"

"Did you shoot her?!"

"No, I didn't shoot her, I just-"

"You just what?!"

"Get to the damn hospital!" He hung up again and turned sharply to the left.

N-noona!

Help me! They're going to-!

BAM!

Get the back up now or I'll leave you to die!

The car took a harsh stop and Tuan opened the door. He just looked down at me and I knew what was going through his head. Next time, I'll let you die. He can't fall back on his promise.

Nurses rushed to his car and he stepped aside, a small look of panic went across his face as they lifted me up on the gurney.

"Sir, what happened?"

"She just started to freak out and held her head. I don't know." Lying won't work right now, Tuan.

"Do you know what would've caused this?" I was wheeled away into the hospital, having no chance to hear Tuan's answer.

"Ma'am, I need to you sit up for me so we can put you in this chair. Can you do that?" I sat up slowly, holding my head and jumped off of the gurney myself, sitting down.

"I need a medication refilled. That's why I came here." I wiped the tears that had escaped my eyes and laid my head against the headrest.

"You're still in distress, you need to rest." I grabbed the nurse's hand who was going to put an IV in my arm for fluids. She tried to get out of my grasp, but I needed someone to listen to me.

"Just leave me here for a little, get that guy out there to fill out any papers, and get a psychiatrist so I can get my medication. Under-Ahhhh...Do you have any narcotics or something to knock me out?" She nodded and blinked before going out of the small curtained off section.

"It's been a year since this happened. Now, I'm here." I pulled the foot rest out and tried to lean back to calm myself down. I tried not to notice the shaking or the feeling of a few stray tears.

"This will help you sleep for an hour." I held out my arm to the nurse and the uncomfortable feeling of a needle being stabbed into my skin made me groan.

"The psychiatrist will be here when you wake up."