Chapter VII

His Uncanny Wife

 

Narrator

 

 

They’re getting married?

Daebak, they’re too young.

So that’s why Jeon Jungkook has been ignoring all the girls…

They do make an odd match, do they?

 

“When will this ever end?” Jungkook muttered as he passed by the hallway. He scratched his head in annoyance when he met the students’ gazes. They were muttering under their breaths, as if he couldn’t hear anything.

What am I, deaf? He internally groaned.

“Oh, hi Jungkook. I heard you got engaged.” One of his classmates had the courage to say as he entered the classroom. He looked around to see all eyes fixed on him, anticipating an answer.

He sighed in defeat. “Yes, last Saturday.”

“Daebak!” One guy clapped, and soon enough they were flocking him and throwing questions he had no intention to answer. He hastily escaped and ran to the school grounds, eventually skipping class. He fished his phone out of his pocket and frowned.

Ya, where the hell are you?” 

He could hear some shuffling before she groggily replied. “I did not sign up for a clingy husband, Jeon.”

He swore he could just strangle her and her arrogance. “Are you seriously just getting out of bed? People are harassing me here!”

“You’re talking to me right now,” She coughed. “That means you’re fine.”

His expression changed as he paused for a moment. “Ya..”

She didn’t say anything.

“Are you okay?”

She chuckled weakly. “I’m the last person you should be asking that. I’m a machine.”

“Sera,” he sighed exasperatedly. “Don’t be stubborn.”

“Bye Jeon.” She snapped and the line went dead.

Jungkook stood there, looking at his phone with a questioning face. “Is she… sick?”

 

 

“Young Miss, you have to eat…”

Sera sat herself up on the counter and swayed her legs. “Jang, I’m fine. I’m breathing.”

The old man shook his head. “You have fever. You should rest.”

“I said I’m fine, right? I don’t want to feel useless. I already skipped class anyway, so I should make myself useful.”

The old man turned to look at her. “What do you plan to do then?”

She paused for a while and grinned. “I never got to visit the movie room ever since I got back.”

 

 

Mr. Park handed a glass of scotch to Mr. Jeon. They shared a smile and took their seats on the leather couches. “The kids really did a great job at the announcement.” Mr. Park mused after taking a sip from his glass.

Mr. Jeon snickered. “I don’t know why, but they looked real to me.”

The two looked at each other, before Mr. Park chuckled. “Is it just me, or you want our kids to be a real couple?”

“There’s no harm in hoping.”

The two wives entered the office. Mrs. Park shook her head and sat down beside her husband. “We were just talking,” she started, giggling with Mrs. Jeon. “That our kids looked really cute together.”

“I may sound so petty, but I want them for each other.”

Mr. Park smiled. “We can’t force them to each other. They’re doing this to please us, the least we can do is let them decide for their hearts.”

“That sounded so cheesy.” Mrs. Park chuckled and her husband arm. Mr. Jeon cleared his throat and stood up to refill his glass. “He’s right. We should let them get to know each other more.”

“I know my daughter, and I don’t know if she’s capable of falling in love. Not that she’s cold-hearted, she’s just really stubborn.”

Mrs. Jeon sighed dreamily. “Then our Kookie is perfect for her. He’s really shy, but overly caring.”

“Sera doesn’t have anyone she’s involved with in the US, right?” Mr. Park crossed the room to return to his seat. Mrs. Park’s brows furrowed. “Now that I think of it, I wonder. She doesn’t really share these things to us.”

Mr. Park stood up and dusted lint off his coat. “Bottomline, we let them decide what they want. For now, they’re doing this to help us so let’s be contented with that.”

 

 

Jungkook bit his lip, contemplating whether he should just step in or walk away.

“I’m sure she’d love some company right now, Young Master.”

He froze on his spot. Slowly, he turned to look at the owner of the voice. Jang smiled at him warmly, giving him a small bow. “I’m the family butler. You can call me Jang.”

Jungkook chuckled uneasily. “Uh… the maids told me she was inside this room?”

Jang nodded and motioned for him to go in. He gave Jungkook one last bow before turning to leave.

“W-wait!”

“Yes, Young Master?”

He looked down at his shoes before finally speaking. “She’s sick, right?”

“Yes, but she refused to drink any medicine. Always so stubborn.” Jang muttered the last words. Jungkook extended his palm towards the old man. “Give it to me.”

“W-what, Young Master?”

“The medicine.”

 

“Go away, Jang. I told you I’m fine.”

“So you really are sick.”

Sera turned around and frowned. She looked at Jungkook making himself comfortable beside her on the couch and rolled her eyes.

“You know, it freaks me out that you’re already so comfortable around me.”

He just shrugged. “What are you watching?”

“Nothing, because you’re not staying here. Go back to school or just get lost.” She mumbled, kicking him out of the couch. He firmly held her ankles and placed them on the floor. She was about to protest when he brought out a paper bag.

“What’s in that?”

He placed it on her lap. “I didn’t know what you like.”

Sera giggled as she took out a tub of ice cream, a box of donuts, banana milk, different kinds of pastry, and a box. She opened it and her eyes sparkled. “Chocolates.” She breathed out, fishing out one and unwrapping it.

Jungkook hastily snatched it away. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Obviously annoyed, she scowled at him. “Right. Want some?”

He sighed in defeat. He got the medicine from his pocket and handed it to her. “Take this first, you pig.” She eyed the medicine and cringed. “No.”

He shrugged and got all the food and placed in back on the bag. “Suit yourself.”

“Jeon!”

He just took the remote and played the movie, completely ignoring her. She kicked him furiously and he didn’t budge. Finally, her shoulders slumped in annoyance. She took the medicine and stared at it.

Jungkook smirked and got one bottle of banana milk. He stuck a straw onto it and handed it to her. She unwillingly popped the tablet inside and sipped the milk. “Now give me those chocolates.”

He chuckled and handed it to her.

The doors opened and Jang walked in. “Young Miss—“

“I took it already, okay?!” Sera cut him off.

Jang nodded and went out, smiling to himself.

Now, that’s new.

 

 

The next morning, Namjoon barged inside Sera’s room, only to find her snoring lightly on her bed.

“Park Sera.” He mumbled while trying to pull away her blanket.

She finally let go and sat up in annoyance. “What do you want?”

“You skipped school yesterday.” He stated, crawling to the bed and lying beside her. She closed her eyes and ignored him. Namjoon ruffled her hair and her eyes shot open. “I was sick.”

“Was Jungkook sick too?”

“What?”

He shrugged. “He skipped school too.”

Sera turned her back from him and hugged her pillow. “He skipped class. He said students wouldn’t stop asking him questions.” She mumbled sleepily. Namjoon pursed his lips and poked her back. “So he went here?”

“Hmm. Brought food.” She replied, near slumber.

He nodded as a little smile formed on his lips. “Okay. Come here, you little brat.”

Sera snuggled closer to her cousin as he her hair. “Sera-ah.”

“Hmm.”

“Promise me you won’t get yourself hurt again, okay?”

He waited for her to reply but when she didn’t, he chuckled lightly only to see her already fast asleep. He planted a kiss on her forehead before closing the door lightly.

 

 

___________________________________________________