Chapter IV

His Uncanny Wife

Filler-y chapter ahead

 

 

Narrator

 

 

“You make it sound like you don’t know me.” Sera muttered and walked past Namjoon. She met Jungkook’s eyes and nodded, completely ignoring the other pairs of eyes gawking at her. “Hey Jeon.”

Jungkook chuckled and placed an arm around her. She removed his hands from her shoulders and he rolled his eyes. “Hyungs, this is Sera. My…”

“My annoying cousin.” Namjoon stuck his tongue out at her and walked away, probably towards the kitchen to pester Jin. Taehyung grinned and waved an overly-excited hand. He was close to jumping up and down. “Hi, Sera! I’m your Taehyung Oppa.”

Sera looked at Jungkook unsurely. He just nodded and pushed her forward. “These are the hyungs. They won’t bite.”

She forced a smile at all of them. Jimin excitedly grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the living room. He sat her down beside Yoongi who just blinked.

“Hi.” He finally said. “I’m Yoongi.”

Sera exhaled. “Finally, someone’s who’s not smiling like an idiot.” She muttered. Yoongi’s head turned to her with what he heard. “You,” He narrowed his eyes. “I like your attitude.”

Hoseok jumped to her side and smiled. “I’m your Hoseok Oppa. That there is Jimin, also your Oppa. Then in the kitchen you have your Jin Oppa. Rapmon told us a lot about you.”

“Whenever we ask him to let us meet you, he never agrees!” Jimin whined, but then smiled again. “But now you’re here!” He did a body wave and Yoongi threw a pillow at his face.

She uneasily looked at each one of them and nodded hesitantly. “I didn’t come here for my cousin. Jungkook… invited me over.”

“You’re going to be our sister!” Taehyung grinned and danced happily.

Jungkook squeezed himself between her and Hoseok. Sera turned to him and whispered. “Is he always that… happy?”

“Taehyung hyung?”

She nodded.

Jungkook chuckled and tapped her cheek. “You’ll get used to him.”

Hoseok jumped up as well as Jimin and the three of them were dancing weirdly together.

“I mean, you’ll get used to them.” He cleared his throat and shook his head.

 

 

“Rapmon did that?!”

The boys erupted in laughter as Sera narrated the story of Namjoon sleeping on the floor as a kid because Sera told him sleeping on the floor will make Santa give him two gifts because he looked poor. He was so gullible back then, or maybe until now, that he agreed and slept .

Namjoon shot his cousin a death glare. “This is the exact reason why I never invited you to meet my friends. If you remember clearly, I got a cold back then!”

“Maybe if you weren’t so stupid, you’d realize I was toying with you.” She stuck her tongue out. Namjoon stuck his tongue back at her. “.” He muttered.

“.” She retorted.

“Guys,” Namjoon put his utensils down. “Sera has a beast side inside of her. So little piece of advice, don’t let it out.”

Sera made a face and stuck her tongue out at her cousin.

Jin shook his head. “Okay, manners in my table.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes and went back to eating. Sera did too, and she got her knife to slice her piece of pork chop. She mentally cursed when it was too hard.

Jungkook sighed and exchanged his plate with hers. “There, I already cut that to pieces.”

“Well that’s so kind of you.” She grinned and dug in her plate. Jungkook just watched her happily eat.

And I’m the childish one, he snickered inwardly.

“How about we go for ice cream later?” Jimin suggested. Taehyung looked up and her fingers clean. “I like that.”

Hoseok shrugged. “Fine by me. We have the hyungs to pay.”

“I cooked!” Jin retorted. Everybody turned to Yoongi and he sighed in defeat. “Bunch of pigs.” He mumbled.

The boys howled happily, and to their surprise, even Sera was smiling in anticipation.

 

 

 

Sera woke up with the rays of sunlight managing to peek in through the slits in her curtains. She squinted her eyes as she groggily walked to close the curtains firmly.

“Damn I love the dark.” She muttered and jumped back to her bed. She was about to go back to sleep when she noticed a figure looming beside her doorframe.

“Uhm, hi.” Jungkook cleared his throat.

Sera tilted her head. “Oh, it’s you.”

“Our families are supposed to have breakfast this morning. The adults are eating downstairs. Your mom kind of… pushed me inside and told me to wake you up.”

She nodded absent-mindedly and lied back down. “Hmkay.”

“Sera? Wake up. They’re waiting for us downstairs.” Jungkook sighed and walked towards the bed. She didn’t budge when he tapped her shoulder.

“Sera!” He screamed exasperatedly, and she squirmed, her brows furrowed. “Get the hell out of here, Jeon.”

“Oh it would be my pleasure.” He rolled his eyes, sarcasm thick on his tone. He pulled the huge comforter away and tugged on her leg. “Don’t be difficult, come on.”

She finally sat up and glared at him mercilessly. “If this is how we’re going to be friends, I take it back. Let’s not be friends.”

He actually smirked. “Lucky for you, we’re not just ‘friends’. We’re husband and wife.” She protested as he pushed her towards the bathroom door. She shut it loudly and he could hear her endless cursing. He just shrugged as he her play station and entertained himself as she got dressed.

 

“I can’t believe this.”

Sera looked at Jungkook who was sitting beside her with a glum expression on his face. She was too tired to talk so she just looked away. They were on their way to school their parents forcing them to just go together.

“They’re rushing the marriage.” He spoke, again.

She didn’t bother saying anything. She was annoyed at him for waking her up. She just wanted to punch him in the face.

“Engagement party this weekend? I haven’t even fully processed the idea that I’m getting engaged and I’m still 18.” He muttered angrily, his fingers fiddling with his backpack strap.

She let out a deep sigh. “I’m just annoyed that I even have to go to school with you, dimwit. Your mere presence annoys me to death right now.”

He turned to look at her with frown. “You’re finally feeling bad for this marriage?”

“I’m feeling pissed because you forced me to get up and leave my bed, idiot.”

He looked at her and smirked. “Tell me,”

“Don’t talk, please.” She raised her hand and exhaled. He grew even more amused and slid closer to her side. She shot him a dangerous look and he stuck his tongue out. “What?”

“Move away.”

He moved closer, now grinning.

She closed her eyes briefly. “I’m warning you, Jeon. Get away from me.”

He chuckled and closed the space between them.

Sera finally released an exasperated cry. “ off Jeon! So early in the morning and you’re already ruining it!”

Jungkook finally moved back to the other side of the backseat and laughed out loud, slapping his knee as he leaned forward. “I did it!”

Her nose flared as she faced him. “Did… what?”

“I let out the beast!”

She ruffled her hair in annoyance. “You little !”

 

 

_________________________________________________

Lovely poster, right? :)

Thanks to pathless!

I'd love to hear from you guys!