Chapter VI

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Sera’s POV

 

 

Okay, breathe in, breathe out.

My name is Park Sera and I am the sole Heiress of Park Industries. Power is my middle name.

Even my mantra is not helping me right now. Who knew there’s something that finally makes me jittery? This is just an engagement party, nothing special.

After marrying Jeon we’ll just wait for three years and break it off. By then the merged subsidiary won’t need the boost anymore.

Win-win situation. So now, I just need to get out there and be the dragon lady I was raised to be. Rehearsed smile, graceful walk, and powerful words.

I can do this, I mean, I can do anything. I’m Park ing Sera.

The door creaked open and I turned around, only to meet Jang’s smile. “Young Miss? Young master Jeon is waiting for you downstairs.”

Well .

“I…”

“Do you need more time, Young Miss?” He slowly walked to my place, offering me his hand. Honestly, I don’t know how I would have survived until now without Jang. I looked up to meet his concerned gaze. “I’m… I don’t know, Jang.”

“You can do this.” He whispered. I hugged him tight and could feel his hands caressing my back. “Sera, go sweep them on their feet.”

I chuckled and pulled away. “I don’t know what to do without you, Jang.”

“Always at your service.” He bowed and I gave him one last smile before going downstairs.

 

 

Narrator

 

“Well look who decided to finally come down?” Jungkook said sarcastically when he heard the clicking of the heels against the staircase.

He spun around and frowned. “I’ve been waiting fo—“

“I’m a girl, of course I take time.” Sera muttered and stopped in front of him, flicking his forehead. He looked away and touched the nape of his neck. “I mean… you were…”

She socked his shoulder. “Are you okay, Jeon?”

“Yes, of course.” He finally recovered and met her inquisitive gaze.

She was wearing a long gown that hugged her body, exposing the outline of her curves. There was a long slit on her right leg, and her long flawless leg was exposed. Her hair was on her side, also showing off some of her neck.

Jungkook looked at her head-to-toe and managed to snicker. “Damn, Sera.”

“You can’t get attracted to me. I know it’s hard, but we’re on a fixed marriage.” She tapped his cheek and smirked. He ignored her remark and offered his arm. She took it and smiled. “Is that clear, Jeon?”

“I was gonna say you look really fat, but sure, please flatter yourself some more.”

“.”

“Fatso.”

 

 

The boys were already on the lobby when the ‘couple’ arrived. They looked like really bad cases of chaebol sons gone wrong with Hoseok, Taehyung, and Jimin dancing randomly. Namjoon was talking animatedly with Jin. Yoongi was on the side nagging at the three dancing boys.

“Kookie! Sera! Looking hot!” Hoseok whistled as the two approached the rowdy bunch. Jungkook scowled and Sera made a face.

“Now that’s not what a power couple should look like.” Taehyung chuckled. Jimin put an arm around Sera. “Come on, smile.”

“I’ll be smiling all night, Oppa. Let me enjoy my real emotionless face for a while.”

“I’ve never met such a blunt person.” Yoongi mused.

Namjoon tapped Jungkook’s back and kissed his cousin’s cheek. “Good luck out there, kids.”

The boys cheered for them before going in the hall first.

“So, ready?” Jungkook exhaled heavily. She huffed and rose one brow. “Are you kidding, I’m on fire. Let’s go out there and finish this.”

He nodded and took her hand. They were about to enter when Sera pulled him back.

“What now?”

She wordlessly fixed his bowtie and dusted his coat. She moved some strands of his hair that fell on his face and smiled in contentment. “Okay, now we’re ready.” She then pulled him into the hall, giving him no time to even process what just happened.

He just smiled when the people turned to look, and she felt him squeeze her hand.

 

 

Mr. Park waved Sera over and she smiled at the group of men in the group. She joined the conversation in an instant, maintaining her grace yet showing a part of her vast knowledge about the industry. The President of Shim Corporation eyed Sera warily.

“So, Sera, at such a young age, you seem to know a lot.”

She smiled at the older man. “Oh, I did study a lot about the business, but still have a lot to learn, Mr. Shim.”

“No need to be so polite. I heard you’re dating someone?”

“Yes, she is.” Jungkook stepped beside her, smiling.

Sera’s father grinned proudly at the two. They’re really good at this, he thought.

“I’m Jeon Jungkook. I’ve heard so much about you, Mr. Shim.” He extended his hand and the other man took it. His brow rose and looked at the two. “Don’t you think the two of you are so young?”

They looked at each other briefly and turned to the man. “We’re not taking over our parents’ companies, Mr. Shim. We’re just learning the ropes in hope of being useful to them when the right time comes, and enjoying each other’s presence as we do that. Aren’t we, Sera?”

Sera smiled tenderly and touched his cheek. “Of course, we are.”

Mr. Park wanted to clap so bad and call for a standing ovation.

Just continue the façade, kids. Doing great. He thought as he stepped aside and walked to look for his wife and the Jeons. It’s time for the big announcement.

 

 

Mr. Park and Mr. Jeon stepped on the small platform. The guests huddled closer to it, whispering and muttering their guesses on what the two top presidents were planning, and why the party was being held in the first place.

“We are thankful for all our business partners, associates, and friends who came here today. As all of you might have heard, we have been planning a merged subsidiary with Jeon Group of Companies for a while now.”

The mutters intensified.

Namjoon shot Sera a look from across the room. She nodded in return and exhaled. Jungkook looked at her and mouthed. “I’m nervous.”

She just shrugged. “Don’t be a coward.”

He rolled his eyes. At a moment like this, the least she could be is encouraging, but she’s just being her true blunt self. Perfect.

“Junsu here has been my friend since I entered the business.” Mr. Jeon tapped Mr. Park’s shoulder and they shared a laugh. “It pleased us both when we discovered that my son and his daughter are actually close friends.”

“My daughter has been studying abroad, but she’s back now; the sole heiress to our company, Park Sera.” Sera stepped on the platform, escorted by Jungkook. They smiled to the small crowd.

Sera gave a little speech about her hopes to continue what her father has started, and about being a better person from what she is now.

It was time for Jungkook to speak. He leaned in the mic and smiled at the people.

“My father always told me that it’s never too early to chase for my dreams. While it has been my dream to help my parents in the company, I’m still a normal boy.”

The crowd chuckled. Jin met Jungkook’s eyes and he gave him a thumbs-up.

“To take care of the company and help it succeed even more is not just my dream. So, in front of you all tonight, I’m going to chase my dream.” He glanced at Sera and winked.

Mr. Jeon proudly hugged his son and smiled. “Thank you for honoring us all with your presence as we celebrate the union of our two companies!” Applause filled the hall for a while, before Mr. Park stepped closer to the microphone and raised his glass of wine.

“And the union our family! Everyone, we are pleased to announce to the whole world, the engagement of my daughter, Park Sera, to the second son of Jeon Group of Companies, Jeon Jungkook.”

The two stepped forward and smiled; Jungkook’s hand lightly holding the back of her waist.

“Daebak.” Yoongi breathed out.

Taehyung clapped his hands. “I’d give them an Oscar award right now.”

“Shut it!” Namjoon kicked his leg. 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________