Chapter V

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

“Okay, uncle. Yes, I understand.”

Namjoon grunted as the call ended. He lazily stood up and put on his shoes.

Wassup, hyung?” Jimin asked as the elder literally dragged himself across the room to get his keys on the counter. Namjoon sighed and twirled the keys on his fingers. “Little miss brat didn’t finish processing her transfer papers at school. Samchon wants me to do it.”

A sudden grin tugged on Jimin’s lips. “Ooh, can I come?” He jumped up from his seat and tugged on Namjoon’s arm.

The latter looked at him pointedly. “You’ll be a nuisance.”

“I won’t, I promise!” He pouted, and Namjoon just sighed. “Fine.”

“Assa!”

 

 

Other than being disturbing extremely weird, Jungkook knew being engaged to Sera had some advantages. One thing, he never had to eat lunch alone again.

He wasn’t really friendless or whatsoever. He just didn’t have any close friends at school. Plus, the looks some girls were giving him scared him.

“This school has the worst pizza.” She grumbled as she placed her tray on the table and sat across him. He raised a brow. “You haven’t even tasted it.”

She leaned closer to her plate to examine her pizza and cringed. “Just looking at it gives me the hint.” She picked up the slice and took a bite. “Blegh. Bearable, but not at all tasty.” She muttered with full as she took another bite.

“But you’re still eating it.”

She placed it down and wiped her lips with a tissue. “I’m human. I need to eat.”

“You’re really weird, you know that?” He snickered and drank from his juice box. She mimicked his voice and made a face. “At least I don’t get creepy stares.”

“You feel it too?” His eyes widened. “It’s really scaring me. Why do they have to look at me like that?”

She looked at him for a moment to see if he was joking or being sarcastic, but when he maintained his expression, she and poked his cheek playfully. “Oh Jeon, you’re so innocent.”

He swatted her hand away. “What?”

“Those girls obviously have the hots for you. They like you. Although personally, I don’t understand why. I mean, what do they see in you?” She wondered and her chin, feigning concentration. He flicked her forehead in annoyance.

“That hurt!” She exclaimed, kicking his leg.

He winced and rolled his eyes. After a few minutes he leaned in. “Sera.”

“ off.” She muttered as she unwrapped a chocolate bar. He watched her take a bite and his lip twitched.

“How are you still eating? Pig.”

“Again, off.”

He shook his head in disdain and got up with his tray. He shot her one last look and walked away. She just watched him disappear and shrugged to herself.

But not even a minute lasted when Jungkook sat down again across her.

She shot him a questioning look. He bit his lip. “Uhm, can we walk to class together?”

“What is it this time?”

He exhaled, looking over his shoulder. The same girl who asked for his help in math was there by the cafeteria’s doors, looking at him like he was a piece of candy. Her eyes were glued to him, and she waved her hand when she caught him looking.

Sera smirked and stood up. “Fine. Let’s settle this once and for all.”

“H-how?”

She turned to him and motioned for him to stand up.

“First, put your arm around my waist.”

Jungkook’s eyes rounded with surprise. He gave her an incredulous look and she rolled her eyes. “Do you want her to stop stalking you or not?”

“I… Uhm, okay.” He fibbed, placing his arm around her waist as she said.

She lightly elbowed him. “Good, now can you act cool? You look like you have a bad case of indigestion.”

Jungkook exhaled and pulled her closer that she squealed in surprise. The girl turned to look at them and her lips parted with surprise.

“Okay... good start.” She muttered.

They started walking, with Jungkook smiling and Sera just aimlessly looking around. When they passed by the girl she brought her palm to his cheek.

“Kook-ah, you don’t look so well.”

He looked at her questioningly but then realized what she was trying to do. He smiled and batted his lashes. “Is that so, babe? I slept late last night. I was thinking of you.”

She swallowed the urge to slap his face and managed to smile sweetly. “Oh, stop it.”

He tucked her hair behind her ear. “But it’s true.” He chuckled, watching her eyes stare at him menacingly, her smile forced.

“Jungkook-ssi…”

He looked away from Sera. “Oh, hi there. Aren’t we classmates?”

The girl nodded and looked at Sera pointedly, before looking back at him. Her lips parted, but no words came out.

“See you in class then.” He winked before pulling the still smiling Sera towards the cafeteria doors.

 

 

“Damn it my cheeks hurt.” She muttered as they finally stepped out.

Jungkook chuckled and rolled his eyes. “You’re a really bad actress.”

“I wanted to puke, for heaven’s sake!”

He laughed and instinctively pulled her even more closer to him, suddenly realizing that he still hadn’t let go of her waist. He felt her stiffen, and they looked at each other for a moment.

“Oh, maknae-yah! Sera!”

Sera pushed him away and blinked at Jimin who was already in front of them. Namjoon was walking behind, his brows furrowed as he stared right at her.

.

Jungkook cleared his throat. “Hyungs, why are you here?”

“Why were you—“ Jimin was suddenly cut off when Namjoon arrived at their place.

“To process this dimwit’s transfer papers.” He grumbled, flicking her forehead. She glared at him and he glared back.

Jungkook chuckled nervously. “Oh, Sera you’re so s-stupid.”

“Shut up, .” She spat back and walked past them without a word.

The three watched her go wordlessly. Namjoon clucked his tongue as he shook his head. “That brat, really.”

“I still have a class. I should go.” Jungkook finally said.

Jimin held his arm. “B-but… a while ago, what—“

“Go, you’ll be late.” Namjoon nodded and Jungkook smiled a little before scurrying away.

“Hyung.”

“What?”

“Why do you always cut me off? Let me finish for o—“

“You were talking about this new burger joint near here?”

Jimin’s expression suddenly changed. He grinned widely. “Oh, yes!”

 

 

_________________________________________________________

Thank you for subbing :>