Chapter X

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

“Why are you here?” She almost whispered.

The man smirked and shook his head. “Sera, I just came home, and,” he stepped closer but she took a step back. His brows furrowed as he titled his head.

“Cupcake, what’s wrong? Are you not… happy to see me?” He asked; a mixture of disappointment and pain clear on the way he mumbled. Sera shook her head and managed to smile. She exhaled heavily and stepped closer to him. “Of course I am. I’m just surprised, that’s all.” She chuckled, and he automatically grinned, enveloping her in his arms.

“I missed you so much.” He tightened the hug and she smiled, burying her face in his chest. “I missed you too.”

He pulled away with a lopsided grin on his face. “So, you have a lot to tell me.”

She met his gaze and hugged him once more. She felt his chest rise as he chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Wow, Korea changed you. You’re showing more emotions here.”

“Shut the up, Kim Jongin.”

“Now that’s my cupcake.”

 

 

Namjoon heaved a sigh and plopped himself on the couch. He crossed his arms and looked at Kai. “What brings you here?”

“Namjoon-ah. Why are you so cold?” Kai shot back, a little bit of teasing in his voice. Namjoon just shrugged and looked at Sera who was focused on eating a bar of chocolate. She caught him looking and raised a brow.

He shook his head and looked away. “Where’s Sehun?”

“Still in New York. He’s coming home too, I just don’t know when.” Kia replied, scooting closer to Sera. She turned to look at him and scowled. “What?”

“You’re so grumpy.” He pouted, and she rolled her eyes. “I am always like this, Kai.”

“I know. Maybe I should get myself away from you more, I like it when you miss me. You’re like a changed person.”

She faked a smile and pushed him away. “Did you bring me those biscuits that I like?”

He nodded. “It’s in the car. I’ll get it.” He stood up and winked at her before stepping out of the room. As soon as he was gone, Namjoon threw a pillow at her. She caught in swiftly and spoke. “I know, don’t ask me. I’m as surprised as you are.”

“I’m not concerned about that.”

She crossed her legs and leaned on the chair. “Then what are you throwing pillows at me for?”

“Are you going to be okay?” He asked hesitantly. “I mean, with him being here?”

She closed her eyes briefly as her forehead creased. She smiled at his cousin and nodded. “I’ll survive, Oppa. You taught me well.”

He chuckled. “That’s our girl.”

“I’m just wondering,” Kai stepped in the room again, holding a big box. He placed it on the coffee table and she began ransacking it. “Why are you wearing a cocktail dress with those shoes?”

Namjoon cleared his throat and stood up. “Yes, Sera, about that. Uncle and Auntie are not pleased with your actions today. Your Oppas and I have been waiting for you and Jungkook the entire time.”

She looked up and smiled sheepishly.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and turned to leave. “See you tomorrow. Don’t skip class.” With that, he left without another word. Kai turned to her and poked her nose.

“Sera?”

She unwrapped a biscuit bar and looked at him. “Who’s… Jungkook?”

She actually smiled at the sound of his name. “Like you said, I have a lot to tell you.”

 

 

 

The black Mercedes Benz came to a halt in front of the school gates. Jungkook stepped out first, followed by his “fiancé”, as their parents called it. Their whole engagement scheme was pretend; the public had to believe they meant what they entered into. So, necessary precautions must be taken, like going to school together.

“Hey Jeon.” She chirped and tugged on the sleeve of his coat.

He looked at her weirdly. “Why are you… sunny today?”

“I had bacon for breakfast. Anyway,” they walked side by side on the hallways as the students watched and murmured. “What are we having for lunch today?”

He laughed and ruffled her hair, to which she swatted his hand away and grimaced. “It’s still morning, you just ate your breakfast, and now you’re thinking about what we’re having for lunch? Daebak.”

“I just want to try this new restaurant in Gangnam.”

He thought for a while. “We can. If you want to be late for the afternoon classes.” She frowned at the thought. “Oh we can’t be late. Oppa’s gonna kill us.”

“Right. How did it go last night? Did you get yelled at?” He chuckled. She shot him a deadly glare. “You just left me there, you scum!”

“I don’t want to get yelled at by Rapmon hyung.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“Well he didn’t exactly yell at me. He just made me guilty. He told me the Oppas waited all night for us.”

He bit his lip. “Damn, the hyungs are going to grill me alive when they see me.”

“Are you seeing them later?”

“I don’t know. Any plans after school?”

She her chin and lightened up. “I know now, , let’s get ice cream later. I’m craving for some.”

He nodded in approval. “I like that.”

She gave him a thumbs up and walked ahead. He stopped and thought about what she said, and frowned. “Except for the part!”

 

 

The tall man crossed the room. He stood by the glass walls and sighed.

“Sera, he only told me he was going home.”

He moved the phone away as Sera screamed on the other line. “Exactly! Home as in Seoul, South Korea! What is wrong with you?!”

“He has many homes, for goodness sake! How was I supposed to know?” Sehun replied, irritation clearly painted on his face. She didn’t say anything; instead he could hear her sigh. He softened and closed his eyes briefly. “Look, it’s going be fine.”

“I went home for a reason, you know that. Now it’s useless.”

“Don’t worry. You’re our strong little girl. I promise, everything will be okay.”

It took her several seconds before she replied. “Can… you at least go home too?”

He looked at the vast scenery before him and smiled a little. “I’ll try, pumpkin.”

 

 

“Yah, slowpoke! Let’s go!”

Sera placed her phone on her bag and trudged towards Jungkook. He slung an arm around her shoulders and she stepped on his foot. “Ow! What was that for?!”

“Your arm is heavy. Who allowed you to just casually put your arm around me?” She replied monotonously. He didn’t remove his arm, instead he pulled her closer. “Brat, I don’t need permission. You’re basically bound to marry me anyway.”

“The… hell?”

“Come on, I’m starving.” He started walking and she sighed and just let him be. She knew arguing with him would only make the walk to the ice cream parlor longer, and she was too hungry to let that happen.

 

Sera never thought that she would get bothered by a bunch of girls. Usually, she never bothered to even glance at them. It was peeving her how she was getting annoyed at the moment by their skirts worn just too high above their waist that their thighs showed themselves, their thick makeup coating their faces, and their high-pitched voices giggling boisterously.

Actually, she could easily ignore them, if not for their eyes. Their eyes were hungry like wolves, openly ogling in public.

“Why do you look like someone stole your candy?” Jungkook poked her cheek and she grunted in response. “That would’ve been better.”

“What?”

She looked at him and waved her hand dismissively. “Just, whatever. It’s nothing. Let’s hurry, I want to eat.”

“Oh, so that’s why. You become the extra beast that you are when you’re hungry.” He muttered under his breath and she stopped walking, glaring at him. “What did you just say?”

He chuckled nervously and touched the nape of his neck. “Nothing, I was just…”

She wasn’t listening anymore. She was looking past him to the bunch of girls who had been following them for a while now, staring at Jungkook like he was a piece of meat. They examined his back faced to them and when they saw her looking, they rolled their eyes.

Daebak.” She breathed out, extremely annoyed. Can’t I have a peaceful walk to the ice cream parlor without hormonal girls following me around because of this jerk?

She averted her gaze to him when he poked her cheek. “What’s… wrong? What are you looking at?” He was about to turn his head around but she pulled him closer and looped her arm with his. “Nothing, let’s go.”

He looked at her arms encircled on his and tilted his head in confusion as they walked.

I think she’s bipolar.

 

Jungkook was literally jumping up and down as he waited next to Sera in line for the ice cream. He was thinking about getting chocolate, but then he thought strawberry was good too, but then he saw the picture of the mango one and now he was too excited and confused.

“What are you getting?” He whispered and she shrugged. “I’ll go for the pistachio.”

“Pistachio! Damn, I want that too.” He muttered, his forehead creasing.

“Ehem, ehem.” A man behind him cleared his throat, interrupting his deep thoughts. He ignored it and thought again of the pros and cons of getting pistachio over mango, strawberry, and chocolate.

“Ehem.” The man coughed louder this time, and Jungkook couldn’t help but be peeved. The clearing of the throat and coughing continued and he finally grimaced.

Does he have asthma or something?

“Ehem.”

Okay that’s it.

He turned to look, but then the man was already smiling, reaching his arm to poke Sera. “Ya.” Jungkook said, baffled.

“Oh!” Sera said, looking back at the man.

Was he coughing his lungs out to get her attention?

“Hey cupcake.” He had a deep voice which bothered him a little, but what happened next got him to widen his eyes.

He pulled her for a hug.

“Who… what the…” Jungkook stammered, before grabbing her arm and pulling her away.

Kai watched in amusement as Jungkook glowered at him and pulled Sera towards his back. He defensively held her in place and was about to speak, but Kai held his palm up before he could do so.

“Is he your fiancé?”

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

Thank you 114 people who subscribed!

I'd love to hear from you :>