Chapter LVI

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

I’ll see you, princess.

Sera hugged her knees tighter as she recalled his voice over and over in her head. Tears would not stop streaming down her face. Her hands were trembling as she clutched the coat Jungkook draped over her shoulders.

“He’s going to be okay.” Jungkook, who was sitting beside her on the floor, managed to say. He was unsure, but he had to stay positive.

Mr. and Mrs. Park were sitting at the chairs outside the operating room, while the other boys were standing by the doors, faces filled with worry.

“Here, drink this.” Sehun walked over to them and handed two bottles of water. Jungkook smiled weakly at him as he opened one for her. “Sera, you’ll get dehydrated. Drink this.”

She tried to stop herself from crying, but another sob escaped her lips. Jungkook set the bottle aside and put an arm around her, letting her lean on his chest.

 

 

An hour ago

 

Namjoon sighed as he stepped on the gas when the lights turned green. He was feeling a little unwell, his head throbbing lightly.

Still, any pain did not matter now. He had a game plan. As soon as he would arrive at the gala, he planned on talking to Sera.

He was sure of what he should do, but in the depth of his being, he was hesitant. Telling Sera would expose her to the risk. And knowing his cousin, she would jump at any opportunity to get back at Sekyung. She was stubborn, after all.

“So I wait. I won’t tell Sera. Not yet.” He muttered, sighing again. He didn’t like keeping things to himself. He just wanted for all the drama to end.

His grip on the steering wheel tightened as he stepped on the gas to increase his speed. “This is bull. I should just—“

Namjoon jerked on his seat as a loud honk interrupted his thoughts. He glanced to his right to find a black car driving side by side with him. He slowed down, assuming the car wanted to overtake. But it didn’t. It maintained its pace, slowly getting closer and closer to him.

His brows furrowed as he tried to make out the figure inside the car, but the glass tints were dark. A wave of panic washed through him as he realized what was happening, so he stepped on the gas harder, but the other car quickly collided with his, sending him sideward. He saw how another collision was about to happen, so he turned the wheel rapidly, but it was too late.

Next thing he knew he was looking at the road railings, and his car quickly careening towards it.

 

 

The boys failed on persuading Sera to go home, so they asked for Jin’s help on getting her a spare room in the hospital to rest. She was sitting on the bed, with Jungkook tracing circles on her back.

“You should go home, Jeon. I’ll be okay.” She murmured, but he shook his head. She scooted closer to him and he and held her in his arms. “I’m not leaving you, so don’t even try.”

He felt her body relax as she leaned her weight on him. “I… I don’t know what to do without him, you know.”

“I know. And he will be okay.” He replied, planting a kiss on her forehead.

The doors opened, causing both of them to look up.

“N-noona?”

Sekyung looked at both of them, her forehead creased and hands trembling. “I heard about Namjoon. Is he okay?”

“He’s still in the operating room.” Sera weakly replied. Sekyung nodded and took a seat on the couch. She clasped her hands together, biting her lips.

Jungkook’s forehead creased as he watched her. “You look pale, Noona. I-Is there something wrong?”

Sekyung seemed to didn’t hear at first, so Jungkook stood up and sat beside her. “Noona?”

“Everything’s okay. I’m just… worried.” She replied, smiling a little at Sera. Sera smiled back, grateful for the concern.

 

 

Sehun smiled as Jang opened the doors. The old man paused, a little surprised.

“They’re all at the hospital, Young Master Oh.” He bowed a little, and Sehun just nodded. He looked around the Park mansion, and a feeling of sadness swept over him.

 “Can you lead me to Namjoon’s study?”

Jang was again a little surprised by the request, but he trusted the young man. He respectfully obliged and walked Sehun through the halls and to the door of Namjoon’s study.

“I would like to assist you, Young Master, But I have to send some clothes to the—“

Sehun cut him off with a grateful squeeze on his shoulder. “I’ll be fine, Jang. Thank you.”

As soon as Jang left, Sehun took a deep breath before turning the knob. What greeted him was darkness; the only sign of light was from a small lamp at the desk. He carefully felt the walls for the switch, and as soon as he turned it on, he saw how messy the room was. Papers were scattered everywhere. Boxes of files were piled on the middle of the room. Coffee cups were left on the table.

He rolled his eyes at the pillows and blanket on the couch.

He wouldn’t even sleep in his room?

It was so typical of Namjoon. He walked to the desk and gingerly picked up the stack of papers. His jaw hardened as he read everything. His hands shuffled for more papers, his anger growing.

His fist clenched as he looked at Sekyung’s picture on the table.

He had a hunch before, and Namjoon confirmed it.

Namjoon solved the puzzle, but he was silenced before he could do anything about it.

“.” He cursed as he took out his phone. “Manager Byun? I need you to do something.”

The lights flickered, but Sehun’s was unfazed.

“Get everything you can on Jeon Sekyung. No, wait, Shim Sekyung.”

“General information, Young Master?”

“No.” He seethed. “I want all her dirt out. Do it quickly.” He spat before ending the call. He looked at the papers once more.

You’ll never know what hit you, .

 

 

Sera yawned as she stretched her arms. She barely got any sleep, but it didn’t matter as long as her cousin was fine. His operation was successful, but he was still asleep. The doctors were still unsure of some unexpected issues, but so far he was stable.

“Coffee?” Jungkook walked in, handing her a cup. She smiled and enjoyed the warmth on her palms. “Thanks for staying with me, Jeon.”

“You could thank me with ice cream or maybe milk tea sometime.” He wiggled his brows and she chuckled. She reached one arm to him, and he happily closed the gap between them, enveloping her on his arms. “I’m getting a lot of hugs from you these days, dragon lady. I love it.”

“Shut up.” She mumbled, burying her head on his chest.

“Oh,” He pulled away. “The elders are having a meeting this morning.”

She looked at Namjoon’s sleeping figure and exhaled. “I think we have to be there. We need to know what happened.”

He nodded. “Jang is outside. He would watch over hyung while we’re gone. Let’s go.”

 

 

“The car is being traced. The plate number’s been identified, but owner cannot be linked.”

Mr. Park nodded as he smoothed his fingers over the rim of his coffee cup. “And the cctv footage? Can we view it?”

“Yes, Grand Master. I’ll ask a copy from the police.”

“Good. I’d like a separate investigation.” He murmured. The doors opened and Sera and Jungkook walked in. He acknowledged his daughter with a nod.

The Jeons were also there. Mr. Park’s study was huge, but the tension was making the space almost suffocating.

“Sehun here was at Namjoon’s study last night to look for whatever it was he was working on.” Mr. Park spoke, glancing at Sehun who was standing by the window. “He was apparently investigating some people.”

“Some people?” Mr. Jeon echoed.

“He was investigating a person linked with the warehouse bombing. This is all connected. Whoever caused Namjoon’s accident caused everything happening to the company so far.” Sehun said, meeting Sekyung’s gaze. She looked away immediately.

“Is there… anything else Oppa found out?” Sera asked.

Sehun paused for a while before shaking his head. “No, nothing else.”

“We have to do something. Something that will show how united we are. That we are unfazed.” Mr. Jeon leaned forward.

There was silence as everyone were deep in thought.

“I have a suggestion.”

Everyone looked up at Haena. She hesitated for a while. “We should conduct internal investigations. Every employee must be double checked.”

“That’s not… much of showing a united front, is it?” Sekyung replied.

“It will even be better if we start with the high positions. Executives.” Haena continued, looking at her straight in the eye.

Sehun watched closely, crossing his arms.

“That’s good.” Mrs. Jeon spoke up. “But about the united front? What can we do?”

“Aren’t Junghyun and Haena engaged?” Sehun spoke up. Jungjyun nodded, a little confused.

“Speed up your wedding preparations. Get Sera and Jungkook involved in all the publicity too. That way, you are giving off a filial image. That the Jeons and the Parks are okay, and that nothing of all these internal sabotage is tearing you down.”

Everybody looked at Sehun, wondering where all his ideas where coming from. He, in turn, rose an eyebrow.

“Not unless someone is against the two families being tied together?” He met Sekyung’s eyes once more, and this time she did not turn away.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

This story is taking a really angsty feel, i'm so sorry!

But it will be finished soon...

And I don't just mean the angst phase, but the story itself.

I will do my best not to disappoint you guys. Stay tuned! hehe