Chapter III

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

“You’re freaking me out, Jeon.” She pulled away when they were out of the room and in the hallway.

Jungkook scratched the nape of his neck. “I was just… that girl…”

She rolled her eyes. “It makes me think that you actually want to spend time with me. Is this because of the marriage thing?”

His eyes doubled in size as he looked around to make sure no one was listening. “Yah, be careful with what you’re saying!” She just waved a hand at him as she snickered.

He shook his head and took a step closer, one brow raised. “And what did you just call me… Jeon?”

“What? I forgot your first name.” She snickered and flung her arms.

It was his time to roll his eyes. “Look, Sera, I just needed to escape from there.”

She looked at him for a second and laughed. “You know what, since we’re getting—“

“Don’t say it!” He warned.

She narrowed her stare at him and started talking again. “Since we’re already bound, I’ll help you out. Come on, you wanted to tour me around, right?”

He watched her walk ahead and motioned for him to follow. He reluctantly did and they were walking side by side as he pointed out offices and buildings. She just nodded and looked around as he explained.

“So,” He said when they exited the last building. “How do you find the school?”

She sat on one of the benches and shrugged. “Normal.”

“A lot of kids would die just to get in this school. And it's just pretty normal to you?” He mused. She just shrugged and scanned the vast school grounds. “I've basically traveled around the world. I've seen a lot. I don't get fascinated that easily.”

“Can I ask you something?” He said as he sat down beside her.

She didn’t respond so he just went with what he wanted to ask. “Do you have any siblings?”

“Nope.” She answered in an instant. “You?”

He nodded. “One. Hyung.”

“Why am I not getting married to him?” She unwrapped a lollipop and stuck it in , turning to face him as she did so. Jungkook chuckled at her bluntness. “He’s not really that obedient. Maybe my parents thought I would be the one who’d just say yes.”

She bit her lip and watched him closely. He met her gaze and she looked away, clearing . He felt his lips tug upwards. “Hey.”

“Hmm?”

“Believe it or not, I don’t have any friends here.”

She looked at him again and raised a brow. “I didn’t ask.”

“What I’m trying to say is, since we’re getting… engaged soon, and you obviously don’t have friends either, I can be your friend.”

She stared at him before finally bursting out in a loud guffaw. He looked away, embarrassed. He was born awkward and he didn’t really have any social… abilities.

When she finally recovered, she saw him biting his lip in embarrassment. She playfully socked his shoulder, but still he refused to look at her. She sighed and poked the side of his cheek. “Ya.”

“What?” He muttered.

“I feel like I’m talking to a child.” She said, suppressing her smile. Jungkook sighed and finally turned to face her. “I’m sorry I’m awkward, okay?” He rolled his eyes. “I just… ugh!”

She stuck out her pinky finger. “Okay, we make a truce. We’re friends.  I help you out when you need me, and you help me out when I need you.”

He looked at her pinky finger and chuckled. “When will you ever need me, Young Miss?”

“I don’t know. For the future. Just, come on, pinky swear!”

He curled his pinky finger around hers and whispered. “And you say I'm a child.”

Maybe it's not gonna be as bad as I imagined it to be.

 

 

The city lights never failed to amuse Sera. Ever since she was a child, there was something about the sparkly and buzzing lights of the city that mesmerized her. She leaned her head on the window of the car and stared at the passing view. It was the perfect moment, until her phone buzzed.

Dinner.

S-Trenue. 26 Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

She sighed and gave the address to her driver.

 

 

The boys were chilling at Jungkook and his brother’s penthouse. His brother was rarely home, so he always had it to himself. Their parents let them do whatever they want anyway, as long as they don’t stain the company’s name.

He rolled his eyes mentally. Business was everything for his parents. Even his life had to be affected.

He was sitting on his study table trying to do some homework.

“Assa! Why are you such a loser, hyung?!” Taehyung pumped his fists in the air and did a little victory dance. In his happiness, he ruffled Yoongi’s hair. The elder threw the controller away and slowly looked up with his icy glare. “I will kill you.”

Taeyung grinned and slowly placed his controller down. “Hehehe, bye.” With that he dashed towards the kitchen where Jin was cooking. Yoongi rolled his eyes and sprawled even more on the couch. He was in his element, being absolutely lethargic.

Jimin walked out of the room and sat beside him. He switched on the stereo and blasted off some music to which Yoongi opened his eyes. He sighed and picked up his laptop; maybe some writing will help him calm his nerves.

Hoseok was lying down the carpet, playing with his Ipad. He was giggling to himself about something.

“Is that ?” Namjoon walked out and grinned at Hoseok.

The latter’s eyes widened and he cringed. “It’s quite early for that.”

“There’s a time schedule for ?” He asked, his chin. Hoseok shook his head in disgust and ignored him completely. Why is this man thinking about all of a sudden, he thought. Namjoon yawned and looked around the vast living room for something to do, when something made his eyes sparkle.

The doorbell buzzed.

“Pizza!” Namjoon exclaimed, jumping in the air. “I’ll get it.”

Jungkook stood up and followed his hyung to the door. Even Hoseok did, abandoning his Ipad on the floor. Jimin's face brightened too. He stood up and jogged to his hyungs. Taehyung came running back from the kitchen, screaming 'pizza'. After all, pizza… well it’s pizza.

Only Jin stayed busy on the kitchen, and Yoongi was too lazy to get up.

Jungkook was unfazed by all the reactions too. He wasn't really expecting pizza, and as far as he can remember, not one of them called to order. His hyungs were so gullible, he just had to admit.

Namjoon looked at the boys excitedly before giddily opening the door, only to be somewhat surprised.

Sera stood there in her school uniform, blinking back at him as she chewed her gum.

 

“.” Namjoon muttered.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________

a short update hehe