Chapter LXIII

His Uncanny Wife

 

 

Narrator

 

 

The lights flicked open, earning a low groan from Namjoon who was still sprawled on the hospital bed. Sera rolled her eyes at him. He was obviously much better than ever, yet he was enjoying his hospital time way too much.

“You do know that you’re getting discharged today, right?” She said as she handed him a cup of water. He stretched his arms before receiving it. “Hmmm.”

She sighed as she sat beside him on the bed, forcing him to make space for her.

“It has been three days since you woke up.”

He glanced at her and saw how her eyes lost their usual sparkle, and how her lips seemed to be pressed together all the time. “I’m sure he’s just settling some things, princess.”

“He didn’t even call, Oppa. The last conversation I had was three days ago… when I told him you woke up. He just… he just… disappeared.”

Namjoon squeezed his cousin’s arms. Honestly, he didn’t know why Jungkook was not showing up, but he didn’t want to meddle anymore. The two have gone through thick and thin, he knew they didn’t need interfering.

“I should go back to the office. I’ll be back later to process your hospital papers and bring you home. See you.” She listlessly muttered, kissing his cheek goodbye.

 

 

Sekyung laid the flowers on her father’s grave, heaving a deep sigh. Junghyun squeezed her hand gently, and she looked up at him with a small smile.

“T-thank you.” She whispered. “For coming with me.”

He nodded. “You’ve been through a lot, Kyungie.”

“And I’ve done a lot of things I shouldn’t have done. I’m sorry.” She added, looking down.

“We’ve all been through tough times, did things we shouldn’t have, suffered the consequences, and apologized our hearts out. I think…” He looked at the tombstone and then at the skies.

“I think it’s time we move on and start anew.”

 

 

It was all over the news. Haena was a schizophrenic heiress. Their company was involved with under-the-table dealings with politicians. They ran ghost subsidiaries as cover-ups for their illegal hacking activities. Their legal services were all ploys to cover what was underneath.

It was explosive news. The corporate world, particularly, was in utter shock.

It wasn’t supposed to be this big. The Parks, the ultimate victims of it all, didn’t want anything to be leaked to the press. As Mr. Park declared, “The important thing is that my family is safe, and the company is running. We do not need anything else.”

But there was greater fury on the part of the Jeons. They were played.

Mr. Jeon issued for all the investigations against Haena’s family. He vowed to put the family behind bars.

“It’s all playing out just like planned, Young Master. The police are raiding their offices, and their Shanghai branches are one by one closing down.”

Mr. Jeon nodded, clasping his hands together. The secretary silently left and closed the door. Mr. Jeon closed his eyes, leaning on his chair.

“Now to the problem at hand.” He murmured.

His eyes opened as he looked at his family’s portrait. “Do the right thing, son.”

 

 

Sera closed her laptop and yawned. She checked the time on her clock and jerked up.

“. .” She cursed, gathering her things and mindlessly throwing them all in her bag. She fumbled for her coat when the door opened, her secretary stepping inside.

“Young Miss?”

“Call downstairs. I need my car by the entrance now I’m late fo—“

“About that.” Her secretary mumbled. “Young Master Kim already checked himself out. He called to tell you not to worry and he wishes to see you for dinner at your house tonight.”

Sera dropped her bag and groaned. “Why is he so stubborn? I was supposed to pick him up!”

“He means well, Young Miss.” Her secretary smiled before stepping out. Sera stomped her foot in annoyance before jumping to her couch. She was beyond peeved. She hated Namjoon for being so independent, she hated herself for being caught up with work, and she hated him.

She hated him for not showing up. Didn’t he know how much she missed him? How much she longed for him? His voice? His… presence?

She grunted as a tear escaped her eyes.

“ you Jeon.” She hissed.

 

 

“You should take a break. How about a trip?” Mrs. Park chirped as she placed slices of fish on Namjoon and Sera’s plates.

Mr. Park chuckled. “How about a family trip? I’m sure we can all use the time away.” He glanced at his daughter then at his wife who smiled at him knowingly.

Namjoon happily ate his food and grinned. “Should we go back to Saipan?”

“Oh, that would be lovely!” Mrs. Park replied. “Sera honey, I’m sure you miss swimming with the turtles!”

Sera managed to smile. “That sounds nice.”

“Then we can have a rematch on who can eat one giant lobster the fastest. You cheated the last time, loser.” Namjoon stuck his tongue out.

Sera rolled her eyes. “Sure, whatever you say.”

 

 

Jang went in with a cup of warm milk and a plate of microwaved cookie to Sera.

She sat up and grinned. “Wow, this feels like I’m nine again.”

The old man just smiled and placed the tray on her bedside. She smiled at him as she took a bite of her cookie. “Why the milk and cookie, Jang?”

“I just know that you need it, Young Miss.”

She tilted her head, munching. “You always send these when I was scared of sleeping alone because—“

“Because you watch horror movies when you obviously can’t handle them. Then I have to stay and wait for you to fall asleep after you down your milk and eat your cookie.” He finished, chuckling. “But you’re too proud to admit that, right?”

Sera bit her lip, fighting a smile. “You… you know me so well.”

“Of course.” He shrugged and walked to the door. Sera watched him walk away, still confused. “Jang.”

“Yes?” He turned around, as if he knew she would call him.

“I… I didn’t watch a horror movie…”

Jang smiled. “I know.”

“But, aren’t you staying?” She whispered. She couldn’t hide anything from Jang. He knew she wanted someone to be with— someone who understood her more than she understood herself.

He just gave her a small nod and left the room, a smile on his face.

He wasn’t that person anymore. She needed someone else.

 

Sera slumped her shoulders as Jang left the room. She downed her milk and finished her cookie, before lying back on her bed.

“I should brush my teeth.” She muttered, but she was feeling lazy. She turned the bedside lamps off and closed her eyes, snuggling closer to her pillow.

“You’re seriously going to sleep without brushing your teeth?”

Sera’s eyes shot open, her grip on her pillows tightening.

She heard the door close, then her mattress dipped on her bedside. She could feel him. She could feel his warmth, his annoying comforting presence.

But she must be dreaming.

“Are you going to ignore me?” He muttered, turning on the bedside lamp. Her eyes adjusted quickly to the lights, then there he was.

Looking all gorgeous as , she thought.

She pressed her lips into a thin line, glaring at him.

“Still not going to talk?” He chuckled lightly, reaching for her hand under the thick fleece blankets. She moved away, creating a distance between them.

He sighed, his expression turning sad. “I know… I’m a douche.”

She snorted. An annoyingly handsome douche.

“But I can explain. Sera, please talk to me. Don’t just… glare at me like that.” He flinched a little when she narrowed her eyes into slits.

“Babe…” He mumbled, reaching for her, but she moved farther away.

Again, he heaved a deep sigh. He turned the lights off, and she felt his weight off the mattress. She could hear it… he was walking away. Again.

“You never learn, do you?” She hissed, but there was no response. She kicked her sheets infuriatingly. “You’re going to leave me again?!”

She knew it. He was nearing the door already.

“You know what? Fine. off. Stay away from me.”

She gasped when she felt herself being lifted away from the bed.

“Are you sure, Sera?” He replied teasingly, securing his grip on her tiny waist. Sera fought back, throwing punches at his chest. “You ! You ed up !”

He chuckled as he sat down on the couch, enclosing her tightly on his arms.

“Slow down with the profanities, sweetheart.” He whispered, grinning.

“You think you can just disappear for three days then think everything’s going to be okay? Oh you’re wrong you bastard! You’re very, very wrong!”

He nodded. “I’ve been bad, forgive me.”

“Oh not just bad! You are a spawn of satan!” She ranted, letting all her built-up anger out.

He let her be, tightening his embrace. Soon after, she ran out of words and remained silent, catching her breath. He hugged her tightly in the dark, burying his face on her neck. Sera didn’t respond. She just stiffly sat there on his lap.

“I’m really sorry.” He mumbled.

She rolled her eyes.

“I needed to do something. It was an urgent thing. I didn’t call because I left my phone. I went away in a rush that even my family didn’t know I left. Well, they still don’t know I’m back because I came here first…”

Her jaw unclenched. “Where… where in the world were you?”

“Do you forgive me?” He replied, a smile tugging on his lips.

He winced immediately as she hit his arm. “You didn’t even answer my—“

He cut her off, crashing his lips on hers. Her eyes widened, but Jungkook knew her too well. She needed him as much as he needed her. But oh, he could argue forever that he needed her much more in his life.

He pulled her closer, gently squeezing her waist as he moved his lips. Soon after, Sera felt her eyes closing and her arms encircling on his neck.

“Don’t ever leave me again like that, okay?” She said as she caught her breath, pulling away.

Jungkook smiled and touched her nose with his. “I love you so much.”

She smiled too, burying her face on his neck.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

 

hello! This is the probaly the second to the last chapter.

But im also planning on uploading a five years after chapter. If you've read my other fics, you know im fond of those hihi

AAAAND, im planning on a Yoongi fic next. I actually have a draft already lol 

Anywya see you all on the next chapter :)