Chapter 7 - Date night part 2

Revenge

The car stops in front of a majestic five stars hotel. The valley parking attendant quickly opens the door for Ji Hyo and takes the key from Jong Kook.

“Shall we?” – He grins sweetly at her, offering his arm for her to hold onto.

Classic gentleman move! She tries to avoid as much physical contact with him as possible as she is aware how much effect he has over her just by standing close to her. But she can’t say no to his gorgeous grin and a woman should always let a gentleman be gentleman. She curls her hands around his elbow. – “We shall” – She softly answers with a smile.

They take the elevator to the highest floor of the hotel where a beautiful rooftop garden restaurant is located at. Ji Hyo is in love with the place. The first thing take her breath away is the summery smell. Probably from the beautiful flowers that are blooming gorgeously all over the place. There are many kinds of flowers, roses, calla lilies, agapanthus, daisy, tulips. Together, they made a very colorful and beautiful picture. The restaurant is hopelessly romantic with the white lights encircling the green small trees surrounding all around the restaurant. And the yellow light from the white candle on each table definitely makes this place the best spot for romantic dinner. Her grandparents ran a very big restaurant franchise so she has been to many beautiful restaurant before but this place is definitely fanciful.

“Reservation for Kim Jong Kook please.” – He nicely tells the hostess.

“Of course CEO Kim.”

Even with just a glance, Ji Hyo can see the hostess gave Jong Kook a flirty smile. Can’t blame her since he looks exceptionally charming tonight. Ji Hyo only surprises that she calls him as CEO Kim. Either he comes here very often or he is just very popular.

The hostess looks rather pretty. A flawless skin, small face, big eyes, curvy figure but Joong Kook doesn’t seem to give that hostess a second glance. Rather, he only focuses his attention on the lady right next to him, whose hands still on his elbow. His eyes haven’t leave her sweet face for even a minute. Ji Hyo is rather pleased with the kind of attention Jong Kook giving her, as she is the only woman in his eyes and the rest are just shadows. However, she keeps telling herself to keep her heart strong and stop being waiver over how handsome and charming he is.

The hostess leads them to the table where the entire Seoul can be seen in their eyes as a beautiful picture from a printed calendar. He gently pulls out the chair for her. “My lady!” – He says with a handsome grin. He definately maximizes his grin to her tonight. He is positively aware of how fast her pulse races every time he puts his charming grin on her. And she is sure that she is not the only one got charmed by that slight move of his lips muscle. The hostess next to them probably already fell for him so she keeps lingering around their table even though she should have left 30 second after giving them the menus.

“Thank you” – Ji Hyo softly says and sits down on the chair.

“My pleasure.” – He says then quickly walks to his side of the table, across from her, where he can see clearly her beautiful face glowing above the yellow light of candle. She looks pretty in every angles but he prefers look at her on the straight angle where he can stare deeply in her big beautiful and mysterious eyes.

“Hello CEO Kim, pleasure to have you here. May we start with something to drink for you and this lovely lady?” – The waiter asks Joong Kook.

“What do you like to drink?” – Joong Kook asks Ji Hyo.

“Red wine should be fine.”

“Excellent.” – He smiles at her then turn to the waiter - “Can you get the one that I asked Manager Lee to prepare?” – Jong Kook tells the waiter.

“Absolutely, sir.” – The waiter left then come back momentary later with a bottle of 1981 Chateau Mouton Rothschild, the most famous wine of Bordeaux. Even its label tells the value of that expensive wine. Mouton Rothschild lives up to its name as creator of one of best wine label. Their label is art. Ji Hyo is also a wine enthusiastic and she knows that bottle doesn’t cost under $500 U.S.D. The price is not what she is impressed by but the effort that Jong Kook puts in looking for the bottle of wine from her year of birth – 1981 – in just a day.

 “I hope you like it.” – Jong Kook says as she is taking the tasting sip.

“It is lovely.” – She softly answers, putting the glass down on the table.

“I’m glad.”

“You probably come here quite often.” – Ji Hyo asks after they order their dinner.

“Why do you say that?” – He asks with a smile.

“The way they address you, CEO instead of customer.”

“You are very sharp. You notice everything, don’t you?” – He asks, amused.

“It is my habit, I guess.”

He smiles. One more thing he likes about her. Girl that pays attention to small detail is always attractive to him. He believes that’s what makes a good wife and good mother. He is not at a young age any more. When he dates, he wants a serious relationship that can lead to marriage. That is the reason he has been very picky at choosing his girlfriend. He actually hasn’t dated any one for a long time. He does come for dates, pretty girls mostly but just for entertainment purposes, to escape from the stress and his boredom life. He doesn’t find any of them interesting enough for a second date even though some of them are famous celebrities. He simply doesn’t enjoy empty brain kind of girl. He believes in the beauty of intellectual. Luckily, the lady in front of him has both appearance beauty an intellectual beauty. She is a rare type of girl and he definitely will take her for a second date and may more dates after this.

“I don’t really come here often. This place’s manager is a good friend of mine. I only take special guest here.”

He is really not shy expressing his interest toward her at all. He just technically stated that she is a significant person to him. She of course understands the meaning of his words but she tries to ignore it. His appearance is enough to take her breath away. She doesn’t want to let his sweet words get into her head. She has to keep herself from falling for him. She has to keep reminding herself that she has a big plan ahead of her.

She only smiles as a response

“So do you have any relative left in Korea?” – He asks.

Relative? Yes she has one, the one that his sister just killed.  Out of all the questions, he has to ask this question to open the conversation. As if he knows her fresh wound and tries to rub salts on it. He probably doesn’t do it in purpose, she knows. But still, that question already kills the night. She takes a sip out of the beautiful crystal glass of wine trying to smooth down the choke in before answers – “No, I have no one left in Korea.” – Her voice turns cold.

He notices the change in her expression. He has the feeling that he asked the wrong question but he is not sure why. He thought it is a socialize question that everyone ask as they get to know each other. But he tries not to overanalyze it. He changes to the topic that he is sure she is interested in – “So it seems like you enjoy speed very much.”

“Yes, I do. A little too much actually. That’s why I have a drawer full of speeding tickets. I am sure they will suspend my license if I have any more ticket.” – She chuckles. She does have serious speeding issue. She started driving since she was 16 and had a speeding ticket only few months after that. Her grandmother had to hire a private chauffer to take her to school to avoid her from getting any additional ticket. Her sister often refused to drive with her deal to her reckless driving style. Her heart sinks a little thinking about her sister. She cuts the smile off her face.

“Same here.” – He excitedly states – “I think even the police gets bored of pouring me over too.”

It is obviously not something that a CEO should be proud of but somehow, he feels comfortable telling that to her, likes he has known her for a long time.

Their dinner goes by mostly from talking about car, “Fast and Furious”, his family, and his hobbies, a lot about him and rarely anything about her. Mainly because he is very open answering all the questions she asks, but she always tries to steer the direction to something else when the topic about her family comes up. At some point, he has a good sense that she doesn’t want to talk about her family. Even though he is very curious to know about her background and what makes her to a fine woman as she is, he respects her privacy and avoids the questions about her family. However, tonight, he feels a different in her. She is colder, and more distant to him compare to the morning. He self-analyzes himself and his action the whole night and still can’t figure out what he does wrong that lead her to the change of attitude like that.

Of course he can’t figure out what he did wrong because he did nothing wrong. He is rather perfect tonight, from his outfit to his actions. He is great but she is the one that tries to keep distance. Her heart skips beat more than 10 times in just 2 hours that they spent together. Just looking at him is enough for her heart to jump. She has to try very hard to maintain a distance and makes him realize the distance that she tries to draw between them.

But the more space she tries to put, the more he wants to surpass that distance. She only makes herself more attractive to him by doing that. After all, man is more interested in what is hard to get.  Seem like their hide and seek game is about to begin.