Chapter 36 - The fish takes the bait

Revenge

To not waste any time for both her and In Sung, Ji Hyo asks Jin Hyuk out for a dinner today. To meet an important person was what she told Jin Hyuk. He of course with no doubt whatsoever about his innocent and angelic girlfriend, walks straight to the trap that Ji Hyo and In Sung has carefully planned.

Lying to Min Hee about an important dinner meeting, Jin Hyuk drives Ji Hyo to the five stars Italian restaurant that her guest is waiting. Whoever she is meeting is definitely not a common person. This restaurant only serves VIP, either super wealthy or super famous people.

“Reservation for Jo In Sung please.” – Ji Hyo tells the hostess and quickly, they are led to a private room.

As the door opens, even Jin Hyuk is surprised staring at the man sitting in a gentleman posture. He almost thinks that he is looking at a movie star. The man is tall and stylish, and his face, Jin Hyuk loses all confidence about his handsomeness as he faces that man. The word handsome is not enough to describe the perfect creature in front of him.

“Oh, are you here? Come on in.” – In Sung stands up with a friendly smile and gesturing Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo to the chairs across from him.

Now as In Sung stands up, Jin Hyuk feels even more intimidated. That man is dressing brand-name stuff from head to toe. The suites that he is wearing is the one that Jin Hyuk has dreamed to get a hand on that cost 22 000 USD, made by the famous Italian fashion house Ermenegildo Zegna. And his cufflinks definitely cost no less than 4000 USD as they are paved by real diamond. Just who is that guy? Jin Hyuk can’t wait to have that question answered.

“Let’s sit down.” – Ji Hyo tells Jin Hyuk, pulls him out of the daze.

“Oh, right.” – Jin Hyuk settles down next to Ji Hyo.

“This is Jo In Sung, my close oppa from America.” – Ji Hyo brightly introduces then turns to In Sung – “Oppa, this is my boyfriend, Choi Jin Hyuk that I have been telling you about.” – Only Ji Hyo and In Sung know that she has been telling him about Jin Hyuk. Others listen to their conversation must assume that she all said good thing about her boyfriend in front of In Sung by the bright tone that she is saying.

“Nice to finally meet you! Ji Hyo couldn’t stop talking about you.” – Couldn’t stop crushing to be exact but of course he can’t use that word in front of his prey. He needs to play nice together with Ji Hyo, for now at least even though his head is burning with anger as he finally faces the man that pushed his little sister to death.

“The pleasure is mine.” – Jin Hyuk politely responds.

After the sociable greeting, they quickly choose the dishes which Jin Hyuk is more than hesitate to pick the course as he looks at the menu and the cheapest dish still cost more than 100 dollar. He only gives it a go as In Sung asks him to feel free to pick the course as this is his treat.

“So oppa, what is the occasion that you come all the way to Korea?” – Ji Hyo asks In Sung as they are exchanging the knowing glance. He came here because she asked him of course but to make it believable to Jin Hyuk, she has to act as she was in surprised welcoming her oppa to the country.

In Sung puts down his glass of wine and puts on his hesitated act – “Is it really okay to talk about that in front of Jin Hyuk – ssi here?”

“Of course, oppa. He is my boyfriend. I trust him.” – Ji Hyo answers, giving Jin Hyuk a trusting glance.

“It is good that you trust him but you know that what I am about to tell you is top secret. The information I am about to give you, no one can know or my business plan will be ruined. Is it okay to you, Jin Hyuk – ssi?” – In Sung stares at Jin Hyuk, serious.

“Of course. I am very discreet. Please don’t worry about that!” – Jin Hyuk firmly utters.

“Excellent. Sorry for being like this. It is just that the matter is very important.” – In Sung responds with a friendly smile.

“I fully understand please don’t be bothered.”

“Great, alright, Ji Hyo, you know HS banking right?” – In Sung steers his attention back to Ji Hyo.

“Of course, they are one of the biggest banking systems in America. Why, oppa?” – Ji Hyo puts on her curious act.

Now they have Jin Hyuk curiosity as well.

“The founder of HS wants to sell the corporation.” – In Sung says

“What? Why?” – Ji Hyo scowls, surprised. Her act is totally believable.

“Apparently his kids have no interest whatsoever about financial world. He doesn’t want to see the empire that he has been building all his life be destroyed by his kids. Since he is a good friend of my family and he knows me well so he offered a good deal for me to take over the corporation.”

“Really? How much did he ask for?” – Ji Hyo asks.

“$20 billion dollars. You know the net worth of HS is more than $30 billion dollars, right?”

“Yeah, of course, you are having really good deal, oppa. But why are you telling me that?”

In Sung inhales sharply. – “Well, as you know I have more than enough on my plate right now. This deal is amazing but I don’t have enough time to manage that huge corporation. So I want to ask if you want to join me in the project. You only need to put on $5 billion dollars and I will let you keep the CEO chair. I know you are more than capable to do that with your experience.”

Jin Hyuk eyes spark as he hears the opportunity. $5 billion dollars are a big amount of money but it is not totally out of his reach. With the shares that Min Hee transferred to him, he has in hand around $ 4 billion dollars if he cashes them out. And being one of the owner as well as CEO of American financial institute is definitely way better than being CFO of a Korean financial corporation. He is still under Kim Jong Kook and since it is Korea, he never knows how long he can keep all the shares. Min Hee’s father always can use his power to someway another take back some of the shares. But for now he is patiently listening to Ji Hyo and In Sung conversation.

“It is a very generous offer, oppa. But as you know, my trust is not opened for my use until I get married.”

Jin Hyuk eyes are lightened up even brighter when he hears the world “trust.” So just as he expected, Ji Hyo is also from a wealthy family. She is definitely his perfect choice, a pretty, sweet, and wealthy woman.

In Sung exhales sharply, pitiful – “It is such a shame. He only gave me 1 month to make decision.”

“Really?” – Ji Hyo answers with a regretful voice – “Even if I get married now, it still takes more than 2 months for the lawyer to complete the paperwork and give me the full access to the fund.” – Those things are all make up of course. Her trust is already in her full right of use since she was 18. And there are definitely no conditions to take out the 10 billion dollars life insurance from her grandparents but as a part of the plan, they have to make it sound desperate and believable, to make Jin Hyuk feels as he can’t pass on this precious chance.

In Sung shakes his head and looks down disappointedly – “What a pity! This is such a good opportunity to pass on. I really don’t want to do it with anyone but you since you are a sister to me.”

“Let’s do that, Ji Hyo.” – Jin Hyuk utters. He made up his mind. The opportunity is too precious to let go. With his talent, he deserves to swim in the big pool of America financial world, not a small institution in Korea. He has to spread his wings wider and higher. Since he was an international student in America, he always wanted to come back there and make his name to the same level with all the billionaires over there. That country is where he belongs and it has what he deserves. Plus, he is going to break up with Min Hee sooner or later anyway. His life is surely not peaceful in Korea. He has to find a way out. And this opportunity is just perfect as if God giving him a sign.

Ji Hyo and In Sung look at Jin Hyuk in surprise.

“What do you mean?” – Ji Hyo asks Jin Hyuk.

“With the share that I am holding at Kim Financial Corp., I think we can have enough to join In Sung –ssi here.”

In Sung is quiet for a full minute before he shakes his head – “I am sorry Jin Hyuk –ssi but this deal is for family only. If I want a stranger partner, I can find much better candidate than you. Please don’t take it offensively. It is just that, when it comes to business, I rather to be straight forward.” – In Sung firmly answers and pushes Jin Hyuk to worse desperation.

“I am Ji Hyo’s boyfriend and even though I haven’t mentioned this to her but I am seriously thinking about marrying her. Can you trust me with this opportunity? My career will use to support Ji Hyo in the future anyway.” – Jin Hyuk bows at In Sung, desperate and sincere.

And because his head is facing down so he can’t see Ji Hyo and In Sung is exchanging a satisfied grin. The fish takes the bait, just as they expected. Greedy people are indeed too easy to fool. Plus, the bigger the lie, the easier it is to believe. No one would expect that the whole thing is just a lie especially when it comes from such a wealthy person as In Sung. Dressing up with the most expensive outfit and choosing the most expensive restaurant are also a part of their plan, to impress Jin Hyuk, to blind him with In Sung’s wealth so he would have no clue that he is scammed, by the woman that he trust most, by the girl that he loves most, the sweet innocent Song Ji Hyo.