Chapter 2 - One step closer

Revenge

As they sit down, he takes a moment to look at her. He is amazed from her natural beauty. She obviously doesn’t wear any makeup but her face is still flawless. Her skin is smooth and silky; her nose is high and pretty; her lips are pink and moist; and her eyes, her eyes are probably the most beautiful feature on her face. They are so big and clear but mysterious at the same time. He feels something dark, something sad in those beautiful eyes but it only makes them more attractive. He is speechless for a moment, looking at her.

“Are we going to have the interview now?” – She asks, pulling him back to his sense.

“Sure.” – He answers, flustered.

39 years old, it is the first time he is that fluttered in front of a girl. It is not like he has never seen pretty girls before. He saw plenty of them. As a successful CEO and heir of a big cooperation, he has plenty of chance seeing pretty idols and actresses. They are all over him but never even once, a girl can make he feels the way he is feeling right now in front of this 34 years old woman. She is beyond his expectation. Reading her resume, he expected some middle age woman with thick glasses because not only she graduated from Yale but also kept an important position in a big cooperation in America before. He never thought that the woman in that resume is actually the gorgeous lady in front of him, the kind of lady that just walked out of a TV drama series.

He clears his throat.  - “So your name is Song Ji Hyo?” – He asks then realizes that it is an unnecessary question immediately as she just introduced herself to him literally a few minutes earlier.

“N-ne” – She softly answer with a smile.

She can tell that he is fluttered. He really is not good at concealing his emotion at all. She thinks that he is quite interesting. It is cute seeing a 39 years old acting like a teenager. It’s quite refreshing. He is not really handsome but he has charm. His single lid eyes somehow seem very attractive to her. She always has a thing for single eyelid guy. And his body is absolutely masculine. Even under the thick jacket, his muscles are still visible, beautifully. He looks great with suit.

“So according to your resume. You have been living and working in America for a while, what bring you back to Korea?” – He asks, trying to be professional. The question is actually more for his personal curiosity than professional purpose. He really wants to know what bring the smart beautiful woman like her all the way to Korea. With her resume, there is absolutely plenty of opportunity for her in the States. Maybe because of a man? He doesn’t know why he is curious about that but he just wants to know.

She is stunned for a moment from the question. Even though she expects this question comes up somewhere in the interview but actually facing it is a different story. She can’t tell him that her sister’s death brought her all the way here from America even though she was about to take over the CFO chair of a big banking system. But she quickly puts back her calm posture. – “Because I miss Korea. I haven’t been back for a long time. I want to start a new life where I was born.”

“Really? How long have you been living in America?” – This question is absolutely no work related but he asks it anyway. Now it feels more like they are on a blind date than an official interview.

“25 years.” – She answers

“It is quite long time. So why do you interest in the vice section chief of our financial department? With your ability and education, you are clearly qualified for much better position.”   

Her true answer is because she wants to be close to that man, the man that killed her sister. So close that one day, she will be able to stab him on the back and he doesn’t even know. Of course, she can’t speak it out loud. – “Vice section chief is actually a really good opportunity. I am still new to Korea. I want to start from lower position to adapt to Korean’s business culture. This position is absolutely perfect to me.”

He is surely impressed by her answer. It is very thoughtful of her to want to start from basic. He met many candidates that because they graduated from America so they want the highest position in their first job. It never works out. Education background is important but experience is also counted. Even though he is the son of chairman but when he started working at the company, he had to start from a customer service position. No one knew that he was chairman’s son at that time. He quietly worked in every department for 5 years before taking over the CEO chair. That’s why he values very much her sense of opportunity.

“Do you plan to commit to our organization long term?” – What he really means to ask is will you stay in Korea for a while but it would be too obvious to ask out loud.

“Of course.” – She smiles. She does plan to stay in this company for a while. Until her revenge successes, she will not going anywhere.

“Excellent, you are hired.” – He excitedly says. It is not accustomed to inform the candidate that she is hired at the spot. The company normally has to go through back ground check and all the procedure before calling the candidate about the interview result. However, he breaks the rule today. He is the CEO so of course he has the highest authority on hiring. He doesn’t want to take a chance that she is applying elsewhere while waiting for his response. He definitely wants to keep her inside his company, close to him.

“Really? That is easy.” – Her forehead forms a little V from surprise.

“You are a talent. I am sure you will be a great asset for our company. Not hire you will be a waste.”

She smiles, softly.

He likes her smile. She looks even prettier when her lips curl. However, he never knows the meaning of that smile. That smile is a part of the inside laugh that she can’t hide. The laugh to the people that she is about to punish. She is one step closer to them. Just wait, those two cruel creatures, she is coming, very soon.

“Thank you.”- She politely says.

“So when can you start working?” – He asks, can’t wait to see her every day in his company. He feels like his boring office life is about to get more interesting

“Starting next week, is it ok?”  - She asks. She needs one week to do some prep works for her plan. After one week, the fun will officially begin.

“Absolutely. I will expect you next week. Please report to me first thing when you come in.”

“I will.” – She answers.

They shake hand before she left. Both of them carry excitement in that handshake even though their excitement is totally different. He is excited as he is one step closer to her. And her, she is excited as she is one step closer to them. They are both one step closer to their goal …

Leaving the company, she takes a taxi straight to a shopping center in Cheongdamdong, where she knows that Kim Min Hee is going to shop today according to the detective report. Kim Min Hee takes great pleasure on shopping that she spends every Monday morning in the shopping center. She is VIP of all luxury brand stores in Cheongdamdong. Today, Ji Hyo will take a first step to get to know the woman that pushed her sister to suicidal.

If there is no mistake in the report, Kim Min Hee will arrive at the shopping center in just 15 minutes. Ji Hyo waits at the coffee shop entrance where she will absolutely notice Kim Min Hee’s presence. Just as expected, that woman shows up rather on time. Ji Hyo spots Min Hee the moment she got out of the car but Ji Hyo patiently waits for her to get into the first store before making a move.

Dolce&Gabana is Min Hee’s first shop of choice. This girl is a real brand name addicted. Her father is a chairman so shopping at those places probably is nothing to her. Why does a girl with everything like that have to steal another girl’s boyfriend? Is she that desperate? Or stealing is just her hobby? One day, Ji Hyo will teach that girl how it feels like to have the one that she loves most be stolen by another woman.  

A few minutes after Min Hee walk inside D&G, Ji Hyo also follows her step. Ji Hyo spots Min Hee at the handbag area. Min Hee seems to be thinking about buying a handbag from D&G Spring collection. That bag was just on the Spring Paris Fashion week. Many celebrities want to get their hands on it. She guesses even an heiress is hesitate in front of a $10 000 handbag. Ji Hyo smirks, it seems like the chairman of Kim Financial Corporation doesn’t let his daughter spend money too freely then.

“I want to take that one.” – Ji Hyo tells the sell clerk and point at the purse that Min Hee has been looking at.

Just as expected, Ji Hyo got Min Hee’s attention immediately. From the corner of her eyes, Ji Hyo can see Min Hee is staring at her from head to toe in surprise. Ji Hyo expects it to happen so she purposely changed into different outfit after getting out of the company. Add all her clothes, shoes, and bag together, Ji Hyo is wearing about $10 000 on her. It may be a big fortune to other but it is actually only a change number to Ji Hyo. Her grandparents were pretty wealthy. They were successful entrepreneur with about 50 Korean Restaurants all over America. When they died, they left 10 billion dollars life insurance policy to Ji Hyo and her sister. Now as her sister passed away, that money comes solely to her as she is the only direct family member.   And with that money, she is going to burn the soul of the arrogant girl next to her to ashes.