Chapter 15 - The mysterious woman of his life

Revenge

Jong Kook is also in shock seeing Ji Hyo standing in front of his door. He doesn’t even realize that Ji Hyo is carrying his drunken sister. He only sees Ji Hyo. After that night, Ji Hyo has avoided him even more. He also thinks that his behavior that night was too rude and he hasn’t been able to figure out how to face her. Every day when he wakes up, he holds the phone on his hand for so long; he writes her a massage then ends up delete it. He doesn’t know what to write. He can’t say good morning as he did before after what happened that night.

 Should he apologize to her? He doesn’t think that she needs an apology. He knows that she wanted that kiss as much as he did. He still can’t get over how sweet and passionate that kiss was. He still can feel her lips on his. And right now, seeing her in front of him with her lips slightly open from surprise, he seriously wants to pull her in his chest and presses another desperate kiss on her.

They are staring at each other; surprise and passion push their soul out of their body. Ji Hyo forgets that she is carrying a heavy drunk person on her shoulder and Jong Kook still hasn’t realize that his sister can’t even stand straight.

“Hello oppa.” – Min Hee’s drunken voice pulls both of them back to reality.

“Min Hee, what happened to you?” – Jong Kook scowls and takes Min Hee from Ji Hyo arm.

In just a brief moment that his hand brushes her arm his breath accidently flows too close to her face, her heart has a mini heart attack. The kiss of that night suddenly rushes back to her. That smell of him, that hurry breath of him, it would be a lie if she said she didn’t crave for another taste of his lips.

It takes her a while to calm down her exciting heart and tells him – “We went out for a drink earlier and she drank a little too much. Sorry I didn’t stop her from drinking.”

“It’s not your fault. Don’t you mind to help me carry her to bed?” – He doesn’t need her help to carry his tiny sister inside the bedroom but he needs an excuse to keep her a little longer. He has been desperate to face her the whole week. Staring at her from his monitor didn’t help at all, it only made him want to run to her even more.

“Sure” – She wanted to escape from this house and from him as soon as she can because her heart is going out of control again. Last time her heart beat this fast, they ended up kissing. She doesn’t want it to happen again even though she has been thirsting for it. However, she can’t say no to him. It would be too rude so she ends up helping him carrying Min Hee inside her big fancy bedroom.

“Thank you very much for taking her home.” – Jong Kook says while walking Ji Hyo to the living room. – “It is late. Can I take you home?”

She shakes both of her hands in nervous – “No, I’m fine. I can take a taxi. You don’t need to bother.”- The least thing she needs right now is them being stuck in a closed space as a car. She needs to avoid one in one situation with him as much as possible. She knows her limit and he is just about to pass it.

“Please, let me!” – He takes one step closer to her, says softly almost breathy to her – “It is late and I don’t feel safe to let you take a taxi.”

She knows that taking a taxi will be safer than having him driving her home. She definitely can’t handle his iness. Being with him as a heart attack awaits to come – “I am really fine. The taxi is waiting for me out front.” – She says but she wasn’t sure if the taxi is still there. She forgot to ask the driver to wait for her.

“Is it so? Let me at least send you to the door then.” – He offers.

“Thank you.” – She softly says.

They walk to the front door and he grins as the taxi is no longer here – “I don’t think your taxi waits for you. Let me take you home then.”

She sighs. It doesn’t seem like she has a choice. He probably won’t give up until she lets him drive her home. – “I have to bother you then.”

“Not at all” – He smiles and takes her to his car.

She opens the car door and lets herself in before he has a chance to. She tries hard to minimize their close contact.

“How do you know my sister?” – He asks while driving her home.

“I met her at a shopping center before I started working at the company. We have been friend since then.”

“You two must been close to hang out until this time of the day.”

“Yes, we are. She has been really nice to me.”

“That’s great. About the other night …” – He hesitates. He wants to take this chance to talk about that night with her as he knows she is trying to avoid him.

“Please forget about that night. You were just too drunk.” – She quickly stops him from saying any further. She doesn’t need him reminding her about that night because despite how hard she tries, she can’t remove that night from her memory. It is haunting her every night.

“I … just want to say sorry for my rude behavior.” – He softly says.

“It’s ok. I totally forgot about it.” – She lies, she doesn’t forget but she has to say that, coldly so he will believe in her and gives up all his hope.

“But I can’t forget about it.” – He surprises her with his bold statement.

 He is not at all hesitated to speak out his mind. Guy likes that is y. And the way he said it was too many that she can feel the heat attacking her face. She is almost breathless; luckily they already arrive in front of her apartment. She rushes out of his car but still too late. He is standing on her way. He cups her small delicate jaw on his big manly hand, tilt her face so close to him, their nose, their lips are almost touched. Her body is in red alert, all her vein keeps rushing disoriented, and her heart keeps thudding against her ribcage, protests to be let free. The feeling that she is experiencing right now is hotter than any that she has ever had before, the needs, the drives, the arousal, they all drive her crazy. She wants to grab his hair tightly, pulls his lips closer to her and steals away the sweetness, the passion that they have to offer. Her breath is rushing, her skin is burning, the sensation is almost taking over her but then he steps away.

“Sorry for keeping you late.” – He softly says. He was so close to steal another kiss from her. His heart beats just as fast as her if not more. The arousal is working against him by just standing next to her. Her light lovely sense, her blushed face, her rush breath, she is clearly as excited as he is. He knows if he moves just a tiny bit closer, his lips will touch her and there will be a very small chance that she pushing him out but he stops. He grips his hands to two tight fists to control himself from grabbing her waist tightly and devouring her delicious cherry lips. Something inside him tells him that he needs to stop or she may never want to see him again. She is too complex and complicated. Sometimes she is so close to him but sometime she is just way too far to him. He has never seemed to be able to figure out when he should step closer and when he should step further from her. She is the most mysterious woman in his life.

“It’s … ok. Thank you for taking me home.” – She mutters, rushing away from him. She almost lost herself again. She can’t help but feel a little disappointed. She did sneakily expect a kiss earlier. It was so close that she was sad when he let her go. She should be grateful that he stepped away at that time. But … that heat … she is still craving for that heat.

“Ji Hyo.” – He calls after her as she is able to step inside the apartment entrance.

She turns around in surprise – “Yes?”

“It seems like if I take a step closer to you, you will take a step further from me. So I will stand right where I am at and wait for you. Whenever you are ready, please come to me. I will wait for you. As long as it takes.” – He says, his voice is more tender than the spring wind that flying through her cheek right now. His eyes are so loving, so sincere that touches her heart. It is the sweetest and sincerest thing that any man has ever said to her. She lost her breath for a moment. Somehow, she feels like crying because she knows, she will never be able to step closer to him. There will never be a future between them as much as she wants to. Their fate is cruel. She is too deep in the revenge to walk away.

Her chest hurts. She takes a deep breath, takes in all the tears that about to fall out of her eyes. She needs to stay strong, in front of him, she can’t let him see that she waivers, even just a minute. -  “Please don’t wait for me. You should stay where you at and I will stay where I’m at. Neither of us should move. It will be best.” – She softly says, her voice is almost cracked. She turns her back against him and walks away, when she still can …

He looks at her silhouette keeps furthering away from him – “Why are you doing this to yourself?” – He mumbles. He wants to ask her that question but he is sure that she is not going to answer. He really wants to know why she has to keep distance from him, why she has to struggle herself so much. Just what line that she is not willing to step over to get closer to him? He really wants to know more about her – the mysterious woman of his life.