Chapter 14 - The fun just begins

Revenge

After that night, Jong Kook stops sending Ji Hyo message. She wakes up every morning, lying in her bed for so long, staring at her cellphones, no message has ever arrived. She takes a deep breath and tries to pull my body up to continue her tiring depressing life. It’s difficult, totally difficult. Then at night, before she goes to bed, she also leaves her phone next to her. She waits for a goodnight message but of course, nothing. Emptiness, she definitely feels empty as she loses her vitamin of life. But it is for the best, she knows. Best for her and best for him. He is a good man, too good for her. He deserves a good woman, the one that doesn’t carry a dark heart, the one that can love him without hesitation, the one that will never hurt him as she will.

However, at least her revenge plan is going smoothly. Jin Hyuk is definitely taking care of her as a queen. He even cooks for her, takes her out for shopping. He doesn’t hesitate to spend money on her at all. It’s either that he is very generous or he falls too deep for her. But of course their dates are always interrupted by Min Hee phone calls and messages. Ji Hyo can imagine how irritated Min Hee is and it is a great support for her to continue walking around in Jin Hyuk arm even though she disgusts it very much.

Min Hee seems to be at her breaking point. She is often depressed lately and can’t stop complaining to Ji Hyo about Jin Hyuk. She had a big fight with Jin Hyuk today. Ji Hyo saw them bickering on the rooftop of their company.

“What is wrong with you lately? Why didn’t you spend time with me anymore?” – Min Hee yelled at Jin Hyuk furiously.

“I told you that I have to work on a big project lately. I really don’t have time. Why don’t you trust me?” – Jin Hyuk patiently explains to Min Hee.

Right! The big project that he is working on is Ji Hyo project. He spends every single minute of his free time to please his new girlfriend, taking her around, showering her with gift while his current girlfriend, the one that he killed a girl for, is staying at home and faithfully waiting for him. Ji Hyo guesses that was what he did to her sister too, hung out with Min Hee while her sister was patiently waiting for him at home without a slightest suspicion.

Well, Min Hee, at least now you know how my sister felt when you sneakily went out with her boyfriend – Ji Hyo smirks. It was rather entertaining watching those two fought each other.

“Don’t lie to me.” – Min Hee yells. – “What kind of project that you have to work at home too?”

“Why can’t you trust me? I told you that I have to work. I work for your company for you father so your father can trust me and stop interfering our relationship. Why can’t you understand that?” – He raised his voice, furious.

Interesting! So her father doesn’t approve their relationship. Ji Hyo didn’t find it surprising. Her father is probably a wise man to realize how terrible Jin Hyuk is. No father should ever allow their daughter to date a liar and player as him. It was unfortunate for Sung Eun that her father passed away since she was young. Otherwise …

“Work, work, work, who care about that? There is no way that you were too busy to take even a night for me.” – Min Hee keeps on screaming. As expected of a princess, so arrogant. Man of course easily gets sick of girl like that.

Jin Hyuk seems to be at his breaking point. He glazes at Min Hee with the furious eyes – “It’s up to you if you want to believe it or not. I don’t have any further explanation.” – He threw the angry statement at her then walked away. Ji Hyo quickly ran back down before being caught by Jin Hyuk.

It was a short play but it was quite amusing. It makes Ji Hyo laugh for a little bit. Great! So there is doubt and conflict in their relationship. Thing keeps going as she planned.

After the fight, Min Hee was very down and upset, she called Ji Hyo out for a drink. By the time Ji Hyo made it to the bar after the romantic dinner with Jin Hyuk, Min Hee is already drunk.

“Hey, are you ok?” – Ji Hyo tries to be concerned, seeing Min Hee sitting drunkenly at the bar alone.

“Why are you so late?” – Min Hee mutters. She is too drunk to talk straight.

“I am sorry. There is too much paperwork to do today. ” – Ji Hyo doesn’t feel sorry at all. She purposely stayed late at the dinner with Jin Hyuk. She didn’t find the need to come early. She liked to see Min Hee being devastated and lonely just as how her sister was before. There was no one next to her sister when thing went bad because the only best friend her sister had was the one that betrayed her. Now, it is Min Hee’s turn to experience that terrible feeling. – “But what happened?” – Ji Hyo tries hard to fake a concern voice. Of course she already knew what happened. She witnessed it and she is also the cause of it. But still, she likes to hear from Min Hee. It is more fun that way.

Min Hee starts crying. Ji Hyo is normally very weak seeing others cry but not in this case. She doesn’t feel one bit of pity or guilt toward Min Hee. That woman deserves it.

“I think Jin Hyuk oppa cheated on me.” – Min Hee sobs

“Why do you think that?” – Ji Hyo acts concern.

“He hasn’t paid much attention to me lately. He doesn’t even take me out for a date and we just had a big fight. He didn’t even bother to apologize to me.” – Min Hee sobs loudly.

Ji Hyo puts her arm over Min Hee shoulders. She has to act as she actually cares. She still needs to play BFF part for a little longer. – “I don’t think section chief is cheating on you. Our department does have a lot of work lately. He is probably just too busy.”

“I don’t know. He is very different, very distant lately. Have you seen any girl that is close to him lately?”

Of course there is, her – Song Ji Hyo, too close actually. But even in her dream, Min Hee would never imagine that. For now, Ji Hyo doesn’t plan to tell her the truth neither so she shakes her head – “No, I don’t see anyone that he is particularly close to. I think you just overthink that. How can he cheat on a pretty girlfriend like you? He should know how lucky he is having you as his girlfriend.” – Ji Hyo feels sick saying those kind words to Min Hee but she has to stick to her good friend role. She figures that is what a BFF should say and she needs to get on Min Hee’s good side for now too.

“Of course he is lucky having me as his girlfriend. If it wasn’t for me, he wouldn’t sit on the section chief chair.” – Min Hee scowls.

Now that is interesting. So she was the one get him to that position. Now Ji Hyo is certain that Jin Hyuk cheated on her sister to get to a higher position in his career. It explains everything. From appearance to personality, her sister was clearly better than Min Hee. So the only reason for Jin Hyuk to cheat on Sung Eun because he needs a stepping stone and Min Hee was perfect for that role.

“Really? How so?” – Ji Hyo very much likes to know more about that.

“I had to beg my brother to let Jin Hyuk oppa take over the section chief chair. My brother thought that Jin Hyuk didn’t have enough ability to sit on that chair but I kept nagging him every day until he agreed with me.”

“See, you are good to him. I am sure that he appreciates you very much. There is no way he can cheat on you.” – This game is totally fun to Ji Hyo. Min Hee and Jin Hyuk are now just puppets in her hands. She can play with their emotions as much as she wants. Min Hee looks even more pathetic than a fool in front of Ji Hyo, crying and complaining about her man without even knowing the cause of the problem is sitting right in front of her and comforting her right now. That simpleminded girl really learned no lesson from herself. She should know that the closest one to her is the one that she needs to be careful about most. Ji Hyo guesses that Min Hee doesn’t believe in karma then.

“I don’t know. I am really upset right now. Let’s drink.” – Min Hee says and calls a bunch of shots.

“Ok, cheer.” – Ji Hyo takes a shot. She cheers for herself for her perfect plan. The fun only begins. Ji Hyo smirks, satisfied. Her plan only started and Min Hee is already in this devastated stage, she wonders how that woman will be like when she completes her revenge. It will be a miracle if Min Hee can stand up straight at that time.

Sung Eun ah, do you see this? She is paying for what she’d done to you. Just stay still and watch Sung Eun ah, more fun is coming up.

They drink for an hour and Min Hee totally can’t handle even one more sip of alcohol, her face drops on the bar top.

Ji Hyo exhales in annoyance. It seems as she has to take Min Hee home. She can call the substitute driver or a cab for Min Hee to go home alone but what kind of friend will it make her? She has to take care for her “Best friend” even though she doesn’t want to do it one bit.”

“Let’s go home.” – Ji Hyo pulls Min Hee’s arm over her shoulders and carries her out to the cab. – “Where do you live, Min Hee?” – Ji Hyo asks as they get into the cab.

Min Hee manages to mutter her address to the cab driver. The taxi stops in front of a big mansion. Ji Hyo has to carry Min Hee to the door and presses the doorbell. The door is quickly opened and Ji Hyo heart almost drops as in front of her is Kim Jong Kook whose look is breathtaking with the tight T-shirt that shows every bit of his flawless muscle. Darn! This guy is seriously attractive in everything he wears. Ji Hyo is speechless, for a very long while …