Chapter 11 - Nailed

Revenge

It’s 11 P.M. Ji Hyo got home from the dinner with Min Hee earlier. She changed to her pajama, made a big bowl of popcorn then walks to her next door neighbor. She presses the doorbell and her neighbor, also her section chief and her enemy, Jin Hyuk immediately opens the door after seeing her through his monitor.

“What are you doing here?” – He asks with a light smile.

She lifts the big bowl of popcorn on his face – “Can I use it as a fee to watch soccer in your place? My cable still hasn’t set up yet. And I am dying to watch the match between Barcelona and Bate. Please!” – She begs with her puppy eyes. She is very sudden that he is dying to watch the match with her but still, a little innocent act only makes the play more fun.

“Of course.” – He lets her in with a big smile. Nothing is better watch a late night European soccer match with a pretty girl. He always wants to watch with Min Hee but of course yhe rich spoil princess doesn’t have any interest in manly hobby like that. She rather stays home and put collagen mask on her face than stay up all night to watch a silly game.

“Thank you.” – She squeals happily and walks inside his apartment. – “Wow such a nice place.” – She says, only out of courtesy of course. His place is nicer than average but nothing special. All the furniture is from middle class brands. He was lucky to date her sister but he didn’t know that. Ji Hyo knows for a fact that her sister never told him about how wealthy their family is. That was what her grandparents asked them to do. They didn’t want Ji Hyo and Sung Eun to be taken advantage of. Together with the fact Sung Eun was a very simple girl. She didn’t even have interest in brand-named stuff. Most of the time, she only used Ji Hyo’s used clothes and accessary. No one could possibly figure that Sung Eun was the heiress of billions dollars franchise restaurant corporation. He probably didn’t know that or else he would stick by Sung Eun’s side to get his hand to her massive asset. Pity for him but at least her family money didn’t get wasted on a man like him.

  “Thank you. Let’s sit down here.” – He gestures her to the black couch on the living room across from his big plasma TV. The TV has been on since she walked in. He probably was waiting for the match to start.

“Do you want something to drink?” – He asks as he is standing in front of the refrigerator.

“Anything is fine.” – She answers him with a smile.

“Ok” – He says and brings them two bottles of ice cold beer. He hands her one – “I hope you are ok with beer.”

“Of course, I love beer.” – She hates beer, the kind of bitter alcohol that takes forever to get her to buzz. But he loves beer, she knows that. Her sister didn’t drink any beer until she dated him. Her sister changed a lot to fit his habit and life style but in the end …

Now she is changing her habit for him too but at least she knows that she will achieve something from doing that, not a meaningless and painful ending as her sister got.

“It’s great that you come over. It is no fun to watch soccer alone.” – He tells her as he sits down on the couch, right next to her. There is not much space between their seats. It seems like this guy already starts his attack. Great! So impatient of him but great for her. She doesn’t want the flirting game lasts too long neither. The sooner he falls for her, the faster her plan can proceed, and the earlier she can stop pretending as she likes him.

They start the games with his hands on the beer bottle then about half of the match, his arm is extended to her side of the couch. She notices that and she lets him be. It is a green signal that she needs to give him. His phone has been ringing several time both messages and phone calls. With a quick glance, she can tell they are all from his girlfriend – Min Hee. He ignores them all, doesn’t reply her message even once. She seems as a very consistent person and keeps calling him one call after another despite the fact that he doesn’t bother to pick up a single one of them. In this relationship, clearly, she is the one that falls in deeper than him.

He starts getting annoyed by her phone call so he puts it on silence and turns the phone face down on the couch. Ji Hyo pretends as she doesn’t notice a thing and keeps her focus on the match. Jin Hyuk seems to buy it. He ignores the phone call and enjoys the match with her. They discuss the match lively as real anchors. They are both supporters of Barcelona. Oh well, only he is but she has to pretend as she is a crazy fan of Barcelona as well, just to get on his good side.

In the last minute of the match, Barcelona makes a decisive goal and becomes the winner of the night. They both break out of cheer. They yell and hug each other as real fans would do but it is also a part of her plan, makes the hug so natural that he doesn’t think that she comes on him too strong. That hug is surely a success. He doesn’t want to let her go. She pushes herself out of him but he pulls her right back in, tightly. Her face is pressing on his chest. She hates it but she smiles because her plan is success. He falls for her, quickly enough. This guy is way too easy. She can’t blame him since she created too perfect of a girl for him. It will be a waste if he drags his flirting game any further.

She pretends to give in. She ties her hands behind his waist. She feels nothing, no crazy heart rate, no flushing, nothing, only emptiness. Not like when she was in Jong Kook’s arm, that quick drift moment that Jong Kook held her in his arms, not only her heart and her whole body went crazy. That special feeling, she never can forget but she slaps herself right back to the reality. She has to forget about Jong Kook. She has to focus on the man right in front of her. She has to put on an act to make sure he is hooked.

He finally lets her out of his arm. She pretends to be shy, looking at the floor and avoids his eyes contact. She plays the role so well that he actually falls for her innocent charm. Never before has he feels this special about a girl. Her shy expression, her innocent reaction, they all turn him on big time. Unlike his spoil princess girlfriend who always demands for his time and controls him as a prisoner, Ji Hyo is a fresh air, light and comfortable. When she was in his arm, his heart beat fast. He felt fluttered, the kind of feeling that he hasn’t experienced for a long time. He honestly doesn’t want to let her go but he has to. It’s late and he should be a gentleman to take a point from her.

“Let’s take you home.” – He says with a sweet smile, the kind of smile that probably killed more than 10 innocent girls. Ji Hyo will pretend as she fell for him this time too then.

She shyly smiles and nods. He takes her hand, holds it tightly, walks her out of his apartment and to her place.

“I wish our house can be a little further.” – He says as they are standing in front of her door.

“Why?” – She asks, innocently.

“So I can walk you a little further.” – He smiles.

So cheesy that she wants to throw up but she has to swallow it back in. This guy honestly has all kind of way to flirt a girl.

Since he is staring at her with the loving eyes, she has to smile as she actually flutters.

“Good night.” – She mutters and opens her door. She is walking in her apartment but his hand is still tightly holding on to her.

“See you tomorrow at the company.” – He looks at her with his wet eyes, doesn’t want to let her go.

“See you tomorrow.” – She waves her hand goodbye, only then, he lets her hand go.

She walks inside her apartment, closes the door but he is still lingering in front of her door, smiling silly by himself. Tonight, he probably will think about her all night.

As she gets into her bedroom, she throws her tired body to the bed. Acting is exhausting. She doesn’t understand how those actresses can do it all the time, acting as they are in love with someone while they are totally not. She can’t stand the yucky feeling that keep choking every time she has to smile at him and pretend as she likes him. She never had to live two faces like this before. It is seriously difficult and struggling. She hates every minutes of it but she has to remind herself of her pitiful sister. Only then, she can swallow everything and continues her act.

She checks her phone before going to sleep. She normally didn’t but she got this habit lately, since the day she met that man, the charming man that keep putting her heart in roller coaster every time she glances at him. He has been consistently texting her every morning and every night. She never responds to him but she always expects the message, as a habit. His message is the energy pill for her to wake up in the morning and the antidepressant pill for her to sleep at night.

Just as any other night for the last week, she received a message from him again. – “How is your first day at work?” “You are probably already asleep. Good night, sweet dream.”

She spreads a soft smile on her face. – “Goodnight, you.” – She whispers to the phone but she doesn’t reply his message.

She can’t