Chapter 17 - Interesting lunch

Revenge

“Oppa, can we go now? I am very hungry.” – Go Ara coddles

Jong Kook ears are about to exploded from her voice but he still has to be a gentleman - “Sure. What restaurant do you want to go?”

“Can we go to L’Paris? I heard that place has really good French food.”

“Sure, let’s go.” – Jong Kook grabs his jacket and quickly sends Min Hee a quick message –“I am going to have lunch with Go Ara at L’Paris right now. Work your magic.”

Min Hee grins as she receives the message from her brother. He is quicker than she expected. It seems like her brother is very anxious already. She quickly dials Ji Hyo.

“Min Hee ah.” – Ji Hyo greets over the phone.

“Oh Ji Hyo, what are you doing? Have you had lunch yet?”

“Oh, not yet. I am still working.”

“Really? Let’s have lunch together. I want to thank you for taking me home yesterday.”

“You don’t have to. That’s what friend for right? I am really busy right now. I probably just have some quick snack.” – Ji Hyo answers while typing the report on her computer.

“It is lunch time. Don’t work too hard! You have to take care for your health first. What good will it do if you get fainted?” – Min Hee is consistent. She can’t disappoint her desperate brother.  

Ji Hyo sighs over the phone. It doesn’t seem like Min Hee will stop bothering her. She checks her watch and there is still a little more time until the report deal – “Alright, where do you want to have lunch at?”

Min Hee smiles, satisfied. Ji Hyo finally takes the bait – “Let’s meet up at the garage. I know a good French place. Are you ok with French food?”

“Sure. I will see you down there in 5 minutes then.” – Ji Hyo stands up and takes her purse. It is annoying hanging out with Min Hee but she doesn’t have a choice, not right now at least.

Jong Kook and Go Ara are already at the restaurant. Jong Kook chooses the seat facing the entrance so he be aware if Min Hee and Ji Hyo come.

“Oppa, why do you keep looking at the door?” – Ara says, annoyed. They have been sitting down for 30 minutes but he hasn’t even looked her straight in the eyes. She has been initiating in making the conversation and he only answers perfunctorily.

Jong Kook eyes are still sticking on the door – “Ah, nothing” – He doesn’t even bother to find an excuse. His stomach is burning with anxious. Why haven’t Min Hee and Ji Hyo showed up yet?

Oh! Finally, Min Hee is walking in and Jong Kook is sure that Ji Hyo is following. He puts back his cool gesture and focuses on Go Ara.

“What do you like to eat?” – He asks Go Ara with a smile.

Min Hee spots her brother right when she walks in but she pretends to be surprised when she walks by them – “Oh oppa, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, Min Hee ah, are you having lunch here too?” – Those two siblings exchange their knowing grins.

Ji Hyo is surprise so a moment. It is whether a really big coincidence or Min Hee and Jong Kook are in this together. Ji Hyo knows that Jong Kook can’t think about childish trick like this, of course Min Hee is behind all this. Her annoyance level is passing its limit but she still has to keep her polite manner and slightly bow at Jong Kook.

“Oh, Song Ji Hyo – sii is here too?” – Jong Kook brightly greets Ji Hyo, trying to put on a surprise act.

Ji Hyo smiles, wryly – “Yeah, Min Hee asked me out for lunch.”

“Is it so? Why don’t you two join us?” – Jong Kook offers.

Go Ara immediately scowls. She wants to have a private time with Jong Kook and he hasn’t given her any attention since they met. Now she has to share him with other girls. She is of course not happy about that. – “Why oppa? I don’t think Ji Hyo feels comfortable eating with us after what she said to you earlier. Am I right, Ji Hyo – ssi?” – Ara gives Ji Hyo a sharp glance together with a mocking smirk.

Jong Kook freezes from Go Ara statement. Please don’t take offensive, Ji Hyo, Please! – He is praying.

Ji Hyo didn’t want to share a table with them from begin with but Go Ara attitudes really changes her mind. She doesn’t want to play along with Kim siblings’ game but she rather enjoys playing a little game with the actress Go Ara. Ji Hyo hates arrogant girl the most and this one starts getting on her nerve.

Unexpectedly, Ji Hyo puts her Prada purse on the table and sits down next to Jong Kook – “I don’t mind at all. Do you mind, CEO Kim?” – Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook with a sweet smile.

“Not at all.” – He smiles, eyes can’t get off her.

Go Ara angry blood is burning as a volcano. She can tell that Ji Hyo is clearly challenging her and Jong Kook definitely gives Ji Hyo too much attention more than just a boss and employee relationship.

“That’s great. Let’s eat together then.” – Min Hee happily sits down.

As much as Jong Kook wants to take care of Ji Hyo on her meal, he has to pull his attention to Go Ara, especially his sister keeps kicking his foot when he staring too long at Ji Hyo. It isn’t easy for him to take his eyes off the woman he loves, everything about her, from the way she tucks her hairs behind her ear to when she slightly opens her lips to take a sip of water, makes him gulp. She is seriously attractive from all angles or maybe he is just too into her.

“So Ara, do you have any project coming up?” – Jong Kook asks, trying to ignore Ji Hyo. He has to stick to his plan, making Ji Hyo jealous.

“Yes, I will have a movie coming soon. It will be a great one. Ji Hyo – ssi, please take your time to watch when it releases since you don’t really know much about Korean entertainment.” – Ara says, mocking.

“I will go watch it if it is a good one.” – Ji Hyo calmly answers.

“Of course it will. I will be the female lead.” – Ara states, arrogant.

Jong Kook and Min Hee look at each other in amusement. An interesting catfight seems to happen soon.

Ji Hyo puts down her fork and stares straight on Ara eyes’ – “Well, firstly, I don’t know how good your acting skill is. Secondly, the success of a movie is not laid only on the female lead hand but also other factor like script, director, and editor. My time is rather valuable. I don’t want to waste two hours that I can’t take back.” – She ends her sentence with a smile, looking at Go Ara face reddening from anger.

Min Hee and Jong Kook try to hide their grin. Ji Hyo reaction is definitely beyond their expectation. She is too cool in Jong Kook eyes.

“Oppa, how can you let your employee talking to me like that?” – Ara looks at Jong Kook, irritated.

“We are at the restaurant now. He is no longer my boss and even if he is I don’t think he has any control over my talking. I believe we have the right to say what in our mind. Don’t you think so, Go Ara – ssi?”- JI Hyo stolidly says

“YOU!” – Go Ara starts losing her patient.

“Calm down Ara!” – Jong Kook holds Ara by the hand.

Even though Ji Hyo knows this is just a play that Jong Kook tries to put on to get her jealous, somehow, she does feel a little jealous even all he does is holding another woman’s hand, just lightly but enough to get her heart sinks. She knows that there is no future between them. She knows that it is best for them to get a distance and it would be perfect if he has another woman so it will be easy for him to hate her later. But … looking at him with another woman is still hard. She is still just a woman, an ordinary one. Her heart is still beating and hurting seeing the man she has special feeling for holding another’s woman hand. She is selfish, she knows but sometime her heart just works totally separate from her brain. She can’t help but feel sad.

 However when she looks up at the girl sits across from her, her brain functions well again. If he is not that woman’s brother, thing would definitely be different. She would probably give up on her revenge to be happy with him but … When the revenge over, he definitely is going to resent her for what she is about to do to his precious little sister. There is definitely, definitely, no future between them. She takes a deep breath and puts back her cold face.

“Oh right, Ara, next week is our company 50 years anniversary. Do you want to accompany me?” – Jong Kook asks Ara but takes a quick glance at Ji Hyo. He planned to ask Ji Hyo to go with him but with their situation, he knows she is not going to agree. Since now, Go Ara is here, he can test how Ji Hyo feels if he asks another woman. He is rather disappointed as Ji Hyo doesn’t have any reaction and keeps focusing on her dish.

“Of course oppa. I will clear my schedule that day for you.” – Ara happily states.

“Ji Hyo – ssi, who are you going with that day?” – Jong Kook turns to Ji Hyo and asks. If she has a boyfriend, this will be a good chance she shows that man off.

“Oh, do you have to go? I don’t really like to go to crowded place.” – Ji Hyo answers.

“What are you talking about, Ji Hyo?” – Min Hee scowls – “You have to go. It is our company biggest event.”

“Min Hee is right. Everybody will be there. You should go. It will be very fun.” – Jong Kook convinces. He really wants her to come to the party. He doesn’t want to go to those big events either but since he is a CEO, he can’t avoid it.  The party only can be less boring if she is there.

Ji Hyo exhales sharply. She honestly doesn’t plan to go to the party even it was what her department has been talking about the whole week. But it doesn’t seem like she has a choice. Both Min Hee and Jong Kook asked her to go – “Sure. I will go.” – She smiles softly at them.

This party, somehow she feels it will not be just any other party. She smells trouble already …