Chapter 37 - 2nd part of the plan

Revenge

The enjoyable moment is over, Ji Hyo and In Sung have to get back to their act so their performance can be more believable.

“Oppa, Jin Hyuk is very sincere, can you at least give him a chance?” – Ji Hyo says, begging.

In Sung shakes his head, exhales sharply – “Ji Hyo, can you not put me in this difficult position? This is a huge project. I can’t just trust anyone. What if he leaves you someday?”

“It will never happen.” – Jin Hyuk immediately pulls his head up and firmly states – “She is the love of my life. I will never leave her.” – He means it. He may be a player but his love for her is undoubtedly sincere. She had to go through so much pain and disadvantage to watch him being with another woman without a complaint. He knows that she is the woman of his life. He can leave a lot of thing but he won’t leave her.

Ji Hyo almost can’t hide her smirk hearing Jin Hyuk’s statement. Love of his life? Will never leave her? She wonders how many girls that he has told that lie to, more than a hundred, she is sure and her sister was probably one of them. This guy can truly do anything for money.

 Taking in a deep breath, Ji Hyo gets back to her character – “Oppa, I don’t want to put you in the difficult situation but I really trust Jin Hyuk. He will never leave me oppa. Please give us a chance.” – Her voice is desperate as it’s supposed to be even though her stomach feels sick speaking out the nice words about her enemy.   

In Sung rests his elbows on the table and tangles his fingers. The straight line in middle of his forehead deepens. He bites his lip, releases a long exhale. If he gives up his career as a CEO, he definitely can be a great actor. Most people don’t know but being a successful business man is not much different than being an actor. In front of business partner or employees, In Sung always has to put on many different masks mostly the cold one so people can’t tell what is in his handsome head. Being unpredictable and unreadable are very crucial to a business man, especially a big one as him.

Jin Hyuk hearts races as crazy with each silence moment goes by. He is praying in his head that In Sung is going to approve his proposal. This is a one in a million years chance; he definitely can’t let it pass by. He already can see his bright future in the land of dream where he will make his name. He grips Ji Hyo’s hand, tightly, nervous.

Ji Hyo glances at Jin Hyuk shaking hand. He is sweating. This guy is definitely more than desperate. She really wants to yank her hand away from him but she still has to wait for a little more. Looking up at In Sung, she smirks and nods her head, signaling In Sung that Jin Hyuk already reached his desperation limit.

In Sung receives the signal and immediately slams his hands on the table – “Fine, I will let you in but you better keep your promise. If you ever dare to leave my little sister, I won’t leave you alone. Do you understand?” – In Sung states, threatening voice.

Ji Hyo almost gives In Sung applause for his fabulous performance. At least the acting classes that they took when they was in Yale are not a total waste of time. It was In Sung ideas to take acting classes. He always wanted to be an actor but his family of course didn’t want their only son to join entertainment world. In Sung is a good son so he gave up his actor dream to take business degree. But it didn’t stop his passion for acting. He and Ji Hyo took acting classes in college and even played in many plays in their school. Ji Hyo always believed that In Sung would make it big if he decided to be an actor with the handsome figure of him together with his fabulous acting skill. His act right now is a realistic example. Jin Hyuk totally buys it. He bows at In Sung so many times and keeps saying thank you, thank you.

In Sung and Ji Hyo look at each other with a knowing smile. They want to tell Jin Hyuk that they are the one should say thank him for easily falls into their trap. It is indeed a good feeling that the prey begging the hunters to let it run to the trap and also gratefully thank for letting it stay trapped. They really can’t wait to the day Jin Hyuk finds out about the truth. His face at that time is definitely worth being anticipated.

  “No problem. Well, cheer now for our cooperation.” – In Sung lifts his wine glass up. Cheer Ji Hyo, our plan is going as planned – Ji Hyo understands his thought even without him speaking because she wants to cheer for the same thing as well.

 And they both steer their eyes at Jin Hyuk. Congratulation Jin Hyuk, you are scammed.

After a fun chitchat, Ji Hyo excuses herself to the restroom leaving Jin Hyuk alone with In Sung. Passing a minute of nervousness, Jin Hyuk finally gathers his courage to talk to In Sung. - “In Sung – sii. I actually have a little issue.”

“What is it?” – Askes In Sung.

Jin Hyuk exhales sharply – “Actually as I calculate my stock and all my properties, I only can come up with around 4.5 billion dollars. Is it okay if I only put in 4.5 billion?” – He asks, timid.

In Sung puts down the napkin that he just cleaned his lips on the table, thinking for a while before answering – “Unfortunately I can’t take anything lower than 5 billion but I have the way for you to come up with the rest.” – In Sung grins mysteriously. This is also a part of the plan. 5 billion dollars is not a random number. The reason they chose that amount because Ji Hyo carefully did her homework on Jin Hyuk’s asset. She wisely calculated the shares that Min Hee transferred to him together with all the assets that he told her about. The number came nearly 4.5 billion dollars. The 500 million dollars that he doesn’t have is the second part of their plan, to make him desperate enough to willingly do what he isn’t supposed to do which will lead him to where he belongs to.

Just as they expected, Jin Hyuk eyes spark with hope when he hears about the possibility of coming up with 500 million dollars. – “Can you really give me a way?”

“Of course.” – In Sung arches his eyebrow and hands Jin Hyuk his personal cellphone number – “Call me when you have time and we can discuss it somewhere private. I don’t like to talk about thing like that in front of Ji Hyo.”

Jin Hyuk takes the phone number with both of his hands, respectful – “Thank you very much.” – He says, gratefully.

Only wait for that, Ji Hyo steps back inside the room. She has returned from the restroom a few minutes ago but she stood in front of the door, waiting for In Sung to finish his part.

“What have you two been talking about?” – She spreads a bright smile at both of them while sitting back down at her chair.

“Just man talk.”- Jin Hyuk responds with a peck on her cheek.

Ji Hyo tries to smile but In Sung is sensitive enough to see a quick second of irritation in her eyes. It must be very hard on her trying to play the good girlfriend role with the man that she resents most. He knows better than anyone how much she hates faking her feeling. She is the type of girl that doesn’t hesitate to yell on someone face how much she hates that person. She is the type of girl that isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She is the type of girl that rather taking disadvantage than petting someone’s tail. But now, she has to live as a different person, acts as a different person. She must struggle very much, his pitiful little lady. He needs to help her finish this guy off soon so she can back to be herself. He needs to release her from this earthy hell.

“Is that so? It seems like you two get along very well.”

“Of course we are. We all will become a family soon, won’t we? Since he is a brother to you, he is also my brother in law. I have to get along with my brother in law.” – Jin Hyuk tells Ji Hyo with a bright smile then turns to In Sung – “Do you know what? She never actually talks about her family or her life in America. I am very glad that she can finally introduce me to someone that important to her life.”

In Sung nods and curls his lips lightly – “Yeah, Ji Hyo is very discreet kind of girl and you know wealthy people like us, we have to be discreet. Nothing good comes from people knowing too much about us. You can understand that right?” – What In Sung really wants to say is Jin Hyuk will definitely be in huge shock if he actually knows about Ji Hyo family about her little sister who is also the one that he and the wicked fiancée of him murdered without any weapons. Now he can feel Ji Hyo frustration, facing his enemy without able to speak out how much he disgusts him. In Sung seriously doesn’t like it at all.

Ji Hyo curls her hands around Jin Hyuk’s arm – “Don’t worry! Soon enough, I will tell you all about my family.” – Yes, about my sister too of course but at that time you may wish that you have never known about that. I hope you will stay strong then. Actually, no, you shouldn’t be strong, you have to be pathetic and wretched. That is the whole point. That is what I am scarifying my time, my effort, and …., and my love for. You have to experience a thousand times more pain than my sister went through. You should feel as you are better off … dead.