Chapter 27 - I love you

Revenge

“Wow, it was the best kiss in my life.” – Jong Kook says, breathless as they finally let each other’s lips go.

She gasps on top of him, spreading a bright grin on her face – “It was the best kiss in my life too.”

He doesn’t response, only curls his lips to a soft smile because he is speechless, looking at the beautiful woman on top of him. He moves his hand to her cheeks, caresses it softly. She is gorgeous. The moonlight is hallo her flawless face. Her cheeks are glowing with the nature blush that he believes resulted from their passionate kiss. Her lips are still slightly open, trying to catch some breath for her overworked lung. And her keeps going up and down as her lung taking in oxygen. She is too gorgeous and too y, and the look in her eyes is full of sensation as if she hasn’t ready to let go of the kiss. Her eyes are so deep, so dark, and so beautiful tonight, more beautiful than the sky full of stars up there. He wants to stare at her for the longest time and saves this beautiful image of her in his brain.

“How can you be so beautiful?” – He softly says, breathy, moving his fingers softly on her soft cheek.

The way he caresses her cheek is so soft, so tender that she wishes he can leave his hand there forever. Her face blushes redder hearing his compliment. She curls her lips to a shy smile – “Stop being so sweet.”

“I can’t” – He smiles – “You are as a piece of art, the most beautiful piece of art that I have ever seen in my life. When it comes to you, compliment is never enough.”

Her heart is thudding fast with each sweet word that he says. The way he appreciates her is sweet and unique. She knows that if she lets him go, she will never be able to find a second him, a man that loves and treasure her as the most precious thing of his life. She wants to be selfish, wants to forget about her sister, wants to forget about the revenge. She, after all, is just a normal woman. She needs love. She wants to love and be loved. And he is a good man. He loves her and he deserves to be loved by her as well. Her grandmother once told her that bad people will be punished by karma. Then she will let karma do its work. She will give up on the revenge and live for herself, for the one she loves.

“I love you.” – She softly says, glazing lovingly at me.

His heart seems to stop for a minute. His mouth even opens slightly from surprise. Her soft voice, her lovely lips just spoke out the three words that he has wanted to hear most. It likes a dream come true but because it is so sudden he doesn’t even dare to believe that it is not a dream. Only when she spreads another beautiful smile at him, he knows that he awakes.

“I love you more.” – He says and pulls her down on him. He steals her lips again, s them, them, pleasures them slowly and zealously. He never can have enough of her taste. Her lips are sweeter than cherry, softer than cotton, hotter than a summer day. Her breath, her moan always makes his strong heart fluttered.  

“Lay down here.” – He spreads his right arms out and gestures her lay on top of his big muscular bicep after he lets her lips go.

She obediently lies down next to him. It is sure not very comfortable lying down on the bare mountain ground but because he is there so she doesn’t mind at all. She turns her body sideway toward him, rests her right hand on his chest, right on top of his heart which is beating as crazy feeling her present.

“You should have your heart checked. It beats pretty irregular.” – She teases, nuzzles to his chest.

“You think so too? I think I should. Since the day I met you, my heart always misbehaves. It always misses a beat when I see you. It thuds too fast that sometime I thought I had a mini heart attack.”

She chuckles from his comment – “Is it so? I think my heart needs a checkup too.  It is always overexcited when you are too close to me. I think it wanted to jump out of my ribcage earlier too.”

“Really? Let’s go checkup together then. I know a very good doctor.”

She laughs – “Yeah, let’s do that after we check on your back first. How is your back now?”

“It’s ok. I just took a very good pain killer.”

“When did you take a painkiller?” – She asks, surprise.

“Earlier, from your lips.” – He winks

 She only can glares at him with a smile. – “didn’t I tell you stop being sweet?”

“Didn’t I tell you that I couldn’t?” – He answers, playfully and wraps his arm around her shoulders.

“What are we doing now? Are we just laying here?” – She looks at him, concern.

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure that someone will find us. But for now, I guess we have to lay here and enjoy the beautiful sky. Is it too uncomfortable to you?” – He asks, worry.

She shakes her head –“No, I have a really comfortable pillow here.” – She answers with a smile – “I just don’t know how serious your back is. I think it is better that you have a treatment soon.”

“I’m sure it is just a muscle pain. It can wait until the morning.”

“Are you sure?” – She frowns, concern.

He nods his head, smiles kindly at her – “Of course I am sure. But can I ask you a favor?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

He is quiet for a while, inhales deeply, nervous – “Can you be my girlfriend?”

She freezes for a moment hearing his question. She steers her eyes to the sky and lets a deep breath out of . She thought that she made up her mind earlier about being with him but at this moment when he puts the question into words, she suddenly has a doubt again. It feels right being with him. She wants to be with him. She wants to accept his proposal but then … There are things that he deserves to know. There are thing that she can hide from him but she rather not too. There has been too much secrets between them. If they want to have a serious relationship, she has to be honest with him. She knows that. It is better that he knows everything up front and decides to accept her or not than he eventually finds down about her secret, thing will only get worse then.

He deserves to know the truth, to know who she really is, and what she is doing here in Korea. He should have the right to decide to accept her or not. There are a lot of things that they need to talk about but tonight is not a good time. Tonight is too beautiful and too romantic. She doesn’t want to ruin this moment with all the things that can hurt him. For tonight, she will be a selfish woman ad lets him hanging.

“There is nothing I want more than being your girlfriend but there are things that you need to know about me before I answer your questions and I don’t want to tell you those things to night. Can we save it for after your back is healed? At that time, I will tell you everything about me and I will give you another chance to ask me the question that you just asked earlier. Is it ok?” – She softly asks.

He of course is disappointed about her answer. He has expected the definite yes from her after the passionate kisses, after she said she loved him. But he respects her decision. She is a thoughtful woman, he is sure she has a reason for what she does. And he believes that regardless whatever she is going to tell him, his love for her will never change. And even if he has to ask that question for a thousand times, he will, until she says yes, until she becomes his. – “Sure, if it’s what you want.” – He tries to curl his lips to a wry smile.

She feels bad looking at the disappointment in his eyes. She knows it is confusing of her to confess she loved him earlier and then hesitate to accept his confession now. But it is the best for him and for her too. She won’t be able to love him with the guilt that she is carrying. She needs to get it off her chest if she wants to have a serious relationship with him. – “Thank you for your understanding.” – She softly says, guilty.

He squeals her tighter in his arm as he sees the guilt in her beautiful eyes. She clearly feels really bad and he only wants to make thing easier on her. He has been waiting for so long; just a few more days won’t make any difference. He can wait for her, all his life if he has too – “No problem. Now just try to sleep a little bit. I am sure someone will find us in the morning.”

She nods her head. The night is late and she is tired too. She closes her eyes, nuzzles closer to him, wraps her hand tightly on his waist, and rests her leg on his legs – “Good night.” – She whispers.

“Good night” – He softly says, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. She responds to him with a soft smile. It is such a unique place to spend a first night together but at least it will be memorable for both of them. He is sure that he will never be able to forget tonight nor the beautiful sleeping face of her. She is gorgeous even in her sleep.

He smiles softly. The accident is not too bad after all.