Chapter 3 - Let's be friend

Revenge

“I want that bag first.” – Min Hee says, doesn’t want to lose to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo pretends to look at Min Hee in surprise.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know that you are looking at it too. We can ask if they have the second one right?” – Ji Hyo nicely tells Min Hee.

Min Hee stares at Ji Hyo arrogantly.

“I’m sorry customers but we only have 1 left in store” – The sale clerk tells them.

“What can we do?” – Ji Hyo plays concern. – “If you really like it, you can have it. I can order it from Italy.” – Ji Hyo nicely offers.

Min Hee is thinking for a while – “Oh well, I am in no rush. I can order it from Italy too.” – She says arrogantly.

Ji Hyo is smirking inside. Obviously, that girl can’t really afford the purse at the moment. She said that only for the shake of her pride. Of course a big heiress like her doesn’t want to lose to another girl. Ji Hyo is smart enough to realize that but still, she pretends to be dumb.

“Really?” – Ji Hyo gratefully smiles. – “It’s so generous of you. I love this purse very much and have been looking all over for it. Are you sure you let me have it? I know this is a limit edition. It may take a while to order.” – Ji Hyo makes a guilty face.

“Sure. You can have it. I have some good connection in Italia. I can order it expedite.” – Min Hee tells Ji Hyo, proudly

“That is great. What can I do to thank you? Ah! Can I invite you out for a coffee? I just moved here from the State so I don’t really know any one. It will be nice if I can have a friend with the same fashion taste as me.” – Ji Hyo says, trying to keep a smile on her face even though she is nervous inside waiting for Min Hee to take the bait. This is the first step for her to get closer to the woman that pushes her sister to death. It has to be a success.

“Sure. I have a little time for coffee.” – Min Hee smiles.

BINGO!

Ji Hyo laughs in her head. Her first pray finally takes the bait. First step goes as planned. Such a great start! Ji Hyo can’t wait to take the second step but she is going to be patient. She knows her plan will take time but it will all be worth it. Those two will never be able to imagine what is coming to them.

Ji Hyo processes to check out. She uses her Black American Express card, the kind of credit card that only wealthy people are able to get a hand on. Min Hee is impressed. She only likes to make friend with people at same class as her. She turns a greenlight for Ji Hyo.

“Let’s go.” – Ji Hyo tells Min Hee.

They walk to a coffee shop inside the mall.  Ji Hyo begs to pay for the drink. Of course she doesn’t want to treat the one that killed her sister nice. Every step she walks next to that woman, she wants to choke and strangle that woman to death. However, she tries to keep calm. There are things that more painful than death. All the nice things she is doing right now, eventually will be sharp blades, stabbing that woman’ heart.

She will be patient, for now.

“So where did you live in America?” – Min Hee asks Ji Hyo.

“Connecticut.” – Ji Hyo answers. It is actually not where she lived, it where her school – Yale - was. She lived there for a while but most of her life, she lived in California with her sister and her grandparents. However, she doesn’t want to risk the chance that Min Hee may suspect her having any connection with her sister. It’s never too careful for such a big revenge plan.

“Really? Why do you move here?”

Ji Hyo takes a sip out of her strawberry juice. She wants to scream to that woman’s face that “I move here because of you, because I want to destroy you.” But she quickly calms down as the sip of refreshing juice runs down –“Just want to try a new life. I’m kind of bored of America.” – She smiles

“Oh Really? Korea is definitely is good place to live. A lot of people move here from America nowadays.” – Min Hee tells.

“Really? Do you know anyone from America before?” – Ji Hyo asks, trying to trigger Min Hee’s memory about her sister. She is really curious about Min Hee’s reaction. She always wonders if that girl has ever felt guilty at all toward Sung Eun’s death.

Min Hee is paused for a moment. The cup of coffee is on her lips but she doesn’t seem to be able to take a sip. She puts the cup back down.

 “I know a few people.” – She answers, far-fetched.

“Really? Is any of them close to you?” – Ji Hyo asks, pushing for the question that she wants to know. She is curious if that girl even consider her sister a good friend or even a friend at all.

“No, no one in particular. They are all just social friend.” – Min Hee answers, eyes look away.

That girl is clearly guilty of something. Of course, she can’t admit that she had a close friend from America and that friend committed suicide because of her. Ji Hyo understands that logic but she can’t accept that Min Hee disregards her sister. Obviously, Min Hee doesn’t consider Sung Eun as a good friend as the way Sung Eun considered her. In the diary, Sung Eun even mentioned that she looked up at Min Hee as an older sister. Sung Eun puts too much trust and respect on the girl but in the end …

Her sister was innocent but not her. She can see right through that the girl sitting next to her is not at all close to a nice person, more as a poisonous snake. But it is ok. Everything has a weakness, even the most poisonous snake. It will be so much fun if one day, the snake bites on its own tongue and dies from its own poison. Ji Hyo can’t wait to see that day to come.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” – Ji Hyo asks. Of course she knows Min Hee has a boyfriend, the one that she stole from Sung Eun. Ji Hyo just wants to know how good or how serious their relationship is. Her plan only works if their love life is still on good term. It’s only fun if they are so in love with each other.

“Yeah, I do. We have been dating for a while.” – Min Hee happily says

A while? Her sister only died last month but they have been dating for a while? It means that they have been going behind her sister’s back for quite sometimes. It is definitely unforgivable. Both of them are unforgivable.

Ji Hyo tries hard to hide her frustration. She fakes a sweet smile. – “He must treat you very nice. You are such a pretty girl”

“Of course,he is a very good man” – Min Hee answers, love obviously sparks in her eyes.

Yeah, right – Ji Hyo smirks in her head – He is such a good man that he cheated on the girl that faithfully loved him for years, that left her country, her home, her family for him, with her best friend.

Such a “good” man!

“Good” man likes that needs big “reward.” Ji Hyo will make sure to personally deliver that “reward” to him. He will literally die from “happiness.”

“That’s great. You must be very happy.” – Ji Hyo smiles friendly at Min Hee.

“Of course, we just came back from Jejudo too. Do you want to see pictures of us?” – Min Hee offers.

This girl is quite easy to open up – Ji Hyo thinks. Showing her picture with her boyfriend to a stranger right on the first meeting, she is either very proud of her relationship or she is just a very simple minded person. Either way, it is not bad to look at those pictures. It will help to evaluate how close and serious their relationship is.

“Of course.” – Ji Hyo excitedly answers.

Min Hee happily shows Ji Hyo each picture of them. Some are on the beach, some are on the mountain. They both smile brightly on those pictures. How could they smile that happily after pushing her sister over the cliff? And how could they just go to a trip right after her sister funeral?

Wait!

Ji Hyo takes a closer look at the date in those pictures. It wasn’t after her sister funeral. It was on her sister’s funeral. So instead showing some remorse for the sin that they committed, they took a trip to have fun, to be happy, to celebrate her sister’s dead. A big plump keeps choking Ji Hyo’s throat. She can’t even breathe. Resentment keeps taking over her, to the point that she is about to explode. But she takes a deep breath. She has to think about the bigger picture. One deep breath is not enough; she has to take about 10 deep breaths to calm her anger down. Thanks to her yoga and meditation classes, or she wouldn’t be able to stand seeing those rubbish pictures.

“You two are such a great couple.” – Ji Hyo compliments.

Of course they are a great couple, probably a destined couple because they both are wicked and cruel,  fit each other so well. Ji Hyo can’t wait to one day witnessing they use their wickedness and cruelness to treat each other. That will probably be the play of the century. Ji Hyo will be sitting right in front of them with a bag of popcorn and watching their battle.

“We are, aren’t we?” – Min Hee says with a smile, a smile of a girl that is deeply in love.

So their relationship is still good and that girl is obviously happily in love with the man that she stole from her best friend.

Great! Things keep going as planned.

The fun will soon begin!