Chapter 10 - Karma

Revenge

Ji Hyo still hasn’t seen Min Hee all day at the company since they are not working at a same department. Besides, Jin Hyuk has been keeping Ji Hyo close by his side. He uses the excuse of helping her getting used to the job but she is smart enough to realize that he is trying to flirt with her. She lets him do whatever he wants and pretends to slowly falls for his flirt. He is also falling for her act.

Ji Hyo asked Min Hee out for a dinner tonight. She needs to get closer to both of them at the same time. There is no time to waste.

“Hello Ji Hyo.” – Min Hee brightly greets as she walks into the 5 stars Italian restaurant that Ji Hyo picked.

That bright smile of her, Ji Hyo can’t wait to one day drift it right off her face but for now Ji Hyo responding her with a smile just as bright – “Hello there, you look amazing today.” – Even a socialize greeting like that is hard to speak out to Ji Hyo sometimes. The woman in front of her deserves a thousand of crushing but Ji Hyo has to grit her teeth to give a compliment. All is for a bigger picture.

 “Thank you. You as well.” – Min Hee sits down on the chair across from Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo gives Min Hee a pretty gift box with a big smile - “This is for you.”

Min Hee takes the box in surprise – “What is it?”

“Just open it.” – Ji Hyo curls her lips softly

Min Hee eyes open wide from wonder as she takes out the gorgeous purse inside the box – “Wasn’t it the one you bought the other day from D&G? Why are you giving it to me?”

Ji Hyo shakes her head with a soft smile – “No, this one I ordered from Italy. I felt bad that I took that bag away from you that day so I ordered it as a thank you gift for you.” – It is definitely no fun to give a $10 000 gift for an enemy but that is fine to Ji Hyo. Money is not a problem. Plus, eventually she will take it back, all back with some cut throat interest as well. $10 000 for now is just a start up investment.

Min Hee is lost in the beauty of the bag. She caresses that beautiful bag as her baby. But then she puts it back to the box and pushes to Ji Hyo side of the table – “I can’t accept that. This is too expensive.”

Ji Hyo curls her lips lightly and pushes the gift box back to Min Hee – “I will be very sad if you don’t accept it. I don’t like to return thing that I bought and there will be no use for me to have 2 exact same purses. Please accept it! It is really nothing much.” – Ji Hyo tries to be as sincere as she can. It is tough mental battle to her as she has to restrain her anger toward that woman every second she looks at her.

“We just know each other. I think it is too much of a gift.” – Min Hee keeps on denying but she can’t take her eyes off that beautiful fancy purse. She has wanted that purse for so long but she is sure that her father will be furious if she spends that ridiculous amount of money in a purse. She always spends way too much money in shopping. Her father already threatened to close her bank account.

Ji Hyo looks at Min Hee with a sincere eyes – “I know we just know each other but I feel really good about you. I think we are getting along very well. I am not good at making friend but you have been nice to me since the first time we met. So just keep the gift. Friends shouldn’t be calculative toward each other, right?” – Ji Hyo raises her eyebrow and her lips softly.

Min Hee is touched by Ji Hyo words. The girl seems to be sincere and she also really wants to take the purse – “Well, since you say that, I don’t think I can reject the gift anymore. I will get you something nice next time ok?” – Min Hee says with a smile and takes the purse to her side.

“Don’t worry about that! I only need friend, not material.” – No, Ji Hyo doesn’t need friend, she needs Min Hee to believe that she needs friend, appreciates friend, and will never betray friend. Ji Hyo needs to drill those ideas in Min Hee’s head. Only then, she can make her revenge fun.

“You are such a kind person but don’t be too generous toward everyone. People will take advantage of you.” – Such a kind advice of her to a new friend. Ji Hyo wonders if Min Hee had ever advised her sister those kind words. If she did, she probably forgot to mention to be careful toward the best friend too.

“Thank you very much.” – Ji Hyo says with a smile, but in her head, she really wants to tell Min Hee – “Don’t worry! I won’t be generous toward everyone. Whatever I did for you, I carefully write down on the note and take it all back one day. And soon enough, you will realize that I am not such a kind person as you thought.”

“But what is the occasion that you want to ask me to a nice restaurant like this today? Not just because you want to give me the gift right?” – Min Hee asks.

“Of course not! I want to celebrate my new job. Since I have no one to celebrate with in Korea, I hope that you can join me.”

“Really? Where are you working at?”

“I am working as vice section chief of financial department at Kim financial corporation.” – Ji Hyo tells, pretends as she doesn’t know that Min Hee is the daughter of Kim financial corporation chairman.

Just as expected, Min Hee is in big surprise – “Really?” – She squeals.

“Yeah. Today is my first day at work.”

“No way. I am working there too. My father is actually the chairman of that company.” – Min Hee excitedly says.

Of course Ji Hyo knew that. It is the main reason that she applied in the company in the first place. But she has to act surprise, as surprise as Min Hee is – “Are you serious? No way!”

“I am very serious. Wow it is great. We can see each other often in the company.” – Of course, it is the whole point. Seeing her at the office, being close to her, that is what Ji Hyo wants to do.

“Oh my God. This is amazing. I know I have a good feeling about you.” – Ji Hyo laughs brightly to hide the sick feeling in as she said the words “Good feeling.” All the feeling she has toward that cruel woman is sick feeling, nothing good at all come out from that poisonous snake.

“But why did you apply for a vice section chief in my company? You don’t seem as you need money at all.” – Min Hee wonders. Of course she has question about that. The salary of section chief will never be able to afford a purse that Ji Hyo just bought and she didn’t just bought one but two of them on the row without a slightest hesitation.

“Well. I am always interested in financial industry. Plus, staying home all day long is really boring so I decide to get a job. It is a good way to kill time.”

“That’s good though. You said you graduated from Yale right?”

Ji Hyo nods – “Yes, I am.”

“That’s amazing. Wait! You said you work at financial department so it means that you work with my boyfriend.”

“Really? Is it section Chief Choi Jin Hyuk? No wonder he looks so familiar to me.” – Ji Hyo puts on her surprise act again.

“Yes, he is my boyfriend.”

“You two definitely look good together.”

“We are.”  - Again, Min Hee’s eyes are spark with happiness. She is honestly in love with Jin Hyuk, Ji Hyo is sure about that now.

“Just wait there, Min Hee – ssi. One day, that spark in your eyes will become fire and burn your soul to ashes.” – Ji Hyo smirks inside her head.

“But can you do me a favor?” – Min Hee suddenly turns serious.

“Sure, anything for a friend.” – Ji Hyo brightly responses as a lovely person she’s supposed to be.

“Can you pretend like you don’t know me in the office and spy on him for me? You know my boyfriend is handsome so girls are all over him.” – Wow! Even luck is on Ji Hyo side. This is even better than her plan. Jin Hyuk will never need to know that Ji Hyo knows about his relationship with the daughter of the chairman. She can just continue her innocent act and innocently steps in the middle of their beautiful love story. Jin Hyuk probably would be a little hesitated if he knows that Ji Hyo knows Min Hee. However, now Min Hee is the one suggested Ji Hyo to pretend not knowing her then Ji Hyo will just do as she asked. It only makes thing easier between Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo has been thinking hard for a several nights trying to find a solution but now Min Hee offers the solution right on her face.  Everything is just getting better and better.

And Min Hee, even in her dream, she can’t imagine that her suggestion just make the revenge toward her way easier. Ji Hyo’s plan definitely would never work without the “help” from both Jin Hyuk and Min Hee. Each of them, with their own greed, is contributing greatly to Ji Hyo’s success. Ji Hyo will make sure to give them both a big “Thank” when this play of the century closes its curtain.

“Of course.” – Ji Hyo smiles, a genuine smile as she can’t held how glad she is to get a helpful push from Min Hee. – “I will make sure to spy on him carefully for you.”

“Promise?” – Min Hee lifts her pinky finger up.

Ji Hyo crosses it with her pinky finger – “Promise.” – She says with a smile.

Thing is going smoother than planned. A big thank to Min Hee. She is about to taste her own medicine. Even in her widest dream, she probably would never expect that she is about to be bitten by her own spider. That’s what people call … karma.