Chapter 23 - Proposal

Revenge

  Time is up, all the contestants have to put their hands up whether their dishes are finished or not. Ji Hyo teams completed their dishes only few minutes before time over. They tried their best and now they only have to pray that the judges will enjoy their cooking. Each team makes three dishes and brings them to the judges orderly. All the teams used the best cooks they had so the judges enjoyed all the dishes in general. Ji Hyo’s team is the last one. They are super nervous as the judges gave a lot of compliments for the teams before them. Ji Hyo is confident in her cooking but she isn’t sure if the judges will like that.

Finally it is their turn. Ji Hyo together with her two co-workers brings their dishes to the judges. The other two intentionally brings the dishes to other two judges and let Ji Hyo delivers the dishes to Jong Kook.

“I hope you like it.” – She softly says and he can’t help but imagine how nice it would be if she is the ones putting food on his dinner table for him every day. He can come home after a long working day and she is waiting for her with a table full of delicious food. It is such a lovely picture.

He looks at her, dreamy – “I sure will.” – He softly says and her heart misses a beat.

The way he looks at her is so warm and loving but also breathtaking. Her cheek turns rose as their eyes meet. She wants to run away from him quickly but somehow her feet are lingering. One more second won’t hurt anyone. She tells herself that.

He moves his hand up a little bit, closer to her hand which is still remaining on his table. He has an urge to hold it. Her small delicate fingers are so pretty. He bets they are very soft. Just a few more inches, his hand will on hers but then she walks away, together with her team.

She was almost let him hold her hand. She actually waited for it. She took a deep breath and for a moment she thought she could ignore the world and let her hand embraced by his but she caught Jin Hyuk angry glare. She almost forgot that Jin Hyuk was there the whole time and the way he staring at her and Jong Kook was not at all pleasant, as if he would jump right in and tear them apart. She needs to keep a safe distance from Jong Kook. He is as a magnet that can pull her to his chest at any time if they are too close

She steps aside together with her teammates. They hold their hands tightly, supporting each other through the nerve cracking moment. The judges are more than impressed with their dishes. They immediately look at each other as agreeing how good the dishes taste. Jong Kook can’t help but feel proud.

Yes, she is not his woman but he is proud to know her, a perfect woman from all angles. She is pretty, hardworking, good kisser, and now a great chief as well. He looks at her as wondering if there is anything in this world that she can’t do. He would be the happiest man on earth to go home every day and eat her food. People say that the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and Ji Hyo definitely is going the right direction. Even the COO and CMO can’t hide their impression. All they can tell Ji Hyo’s team is compliment. There is absolutely no flaw in her dishes.

Decision time comes. The three judges seriously discussed their decision. They put on their votes and Jong Kook is about to pronounce the winner of the night. All five teams tight their hands together, hold their breath and wait for the final decision.

“Thank you everyone for making us such a delicious dinner.” – Jong Kook stands up and says – “You all did very good job. If you ever leave this company, I am sure you will have a good career as chiefs.” – Everybody burst out of laughter even the nervous contestants including Ji Hyo of course. Her eyes haven’t been able to leave him since the moment he stands up. His manly face is hallo by the moonlight. His hairs are flowing freely with the wind. He looks so handsome, so wild. She can catch more than twenty pairs of female eyes staring at him in admire. Man likes him is dangerous, handsome, manly, mature, and romantic. Even a strong will woman as her couldn’t help but falling for him.

 But he is dangerous in a good way, a very good way

Too good for her …

“It is unfortunate that we only can give out one prize for the night.” – He continues – “After a careful consideration. We made our decision. The winner tonight is ….” – He intentionally pauses for a while to tease everyone’s nervousness – “Financial department” – He proudly pronounce and Ji Hyo and her teams squeal excitedly as if they just won iron chief.

The excited night is followed by bonfire after the delicious dinner. People sit around the bonfire to a huge circle. Each department sends out their most talented singers to entertain the crowd. Some of them are very good but the most anticipated performance of the night is Jin Hyuk. He is well-known for his guitar skill and sweet singing voice.

“Tonight, I will sing this song for my special woman.” – Jin Hyuk says as he staring lovingly at Min Hee. The whole crowd is wooed in excitement.

Jin Hyuk doesn’t forget to take a quick glance at Ji Hyo. She puts on her sad eyes and sad smile, nods at him as telling him that she understands. So he finally makes his move, quicker than she expected but she is perfectly fine with it. There is nothing to be sad about but she figures she should act out that much seeing her “boyfriend” about to propose to another woman.

Min Hee from the other side of the bonfire is smiling brightly knowing that he is about to sing a song for her. She first fell for him because of his singing. The first time they met was at a karaoke bar. Sung Eun invited her to join them for karaoke night. Jin Hyuk was singing on the stage when she stepped in and he stole her heart right at that moment. He was singing a beautiful song while looking lovingly at Sung Eun. And from that moment on, she determined that one day she would steal that loving look to herself. Ignoring the fact that Sung Eun is her only best friend, she used all dirty tricks and stole Jin Hyuk away from Sung Eun, without remorse. And right now, she is very satisfied that he finally gives her the loving stare that he gave Sung Eun that night.

He smiles handsomely at Min Hee before starts singing. Her cheeks turn rose as soon as she realizes what the song is. It is no mistake that the song title is “Proposal”. Is he proposing her? She is holding her breath and keeps smiling while looking at him. He is so charming.

(A/N: You can listen to the song at this link. It is pretty sweet song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GiOp8Ry7E)

[i told you to wait but i ignore you long time]

Someday

[just wait little..the day will come somday...]

 [i know what you want to say]

 [i know how long you wait]

 [but i tell you now]

You don''t have to cry

 [dont cry and lift your face up and laugh..]

 

I will make you smile

 [i will give you happiness on beside you forever]

Don''t be afraid

[dont be afraid everything will be alright.]

 [thank you for waiting me... my love]

 [before i tell you sorry but i want to say this..]

 [i want to tell you this]

 [but however i couldn't say]

 [would you marry me?]

You don''t have to cry

 [dont cry and lift your face up and laugh..]

I will make you smile

 [i will give you happiness on beside you forever]

 [dont be afraid everything will be alright.]

 [in the waiting you cry and i know you cry]

 [i will give to you now your love]

You don''t have to cry

[dont cry and lift your face up and laugh..]

I will make you smile

 [i will give you happiness on beside you forever]

 [Dont be afraid everything will go ok]

 

Jin Hyuk keeps his gaze at Min Hee entire time while he is singing. The girls in their companies can’t hide their jealousy looking at the way Jin Hyuk sings to Min Hee. At this moment, even a fool can figure out who he is singing to without he even mentions the name.

Ji Hyo looks at him the entire time but she doesn’t feel a thing. Not even envy of jealousy. As she is watching a movie, tt is entertaining but doesn’t have any effect on her. It is a sweet way to propose but because she knows his underlying motive, she only can feel disgust. But she does feel happy looking at how dreamy and blissful Min Hee is. “Take it all in Lee Min Hee, be as happy as you can so when the show is over, you can feel the pain just as much as my sister felt, or more, I will make sure it is more. The sweeter the moment is now, the more painful it will be later”- Ji Hyo smirks in her head.

As the song ends, Jin Hyuk puts down his guitar and slowly approaching Min Hee. His eyes fix on her, lovingly and she has to cups with her hands to control how emotional she is. She has waited for this moment from the first time she had her eyes on him. He has always been her prince charming, tall, handsome, and romantic. She puts all her love, trust, and hopes in him. For him, she can do everything, as long as he stays by her side. She wants him, she needs him, for the rest of her life.

And right now, he is standing in front of her. He lifts her left hand up, slowly while kneeling down and cups her hand in his two big hands, rubs it gently – “You must be cold, don’t you?” – He smiles at her handsomely.

She nods with a smile. Her eyes are about to tear up with his gentle caring gesture.

With his right hand still firmly holds her left hand, he reaches inside his pocket and takes out a fancy red box. Everyone probably is able to figure out what is inside that box.

“Kim Min Hee, since the first moment I met you, I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are smart, caring, and gorgeous. You are all that I have been looking for. I can’t imagine my life without you. So Kim Min Hee, will you marry me?” – His words are sweeter than honey and Min Hee says yes even before he can complete his sentence. Her hand is shaking from happiness as he putting the ring on her. Her eyes are tearing up. She is seriously touched. It is the perfect proposal. She hugs him tightly and the crowd cheers for them loudly. Some girls even spread some tears for his perfect performance.

Ji Hyo also joins the applause but her head can’t stop burning with anger. Even though she knows that it was just a performance but the words he used still irritated her. He said that he wanted to marry Min Hee since the first moment he met her means that when he was still with his sister. So he had the intention to cheat on her poor little sister for the longest time. That animal! She hates to control herself from cursing him out loud. Just wait there, his karma will come very soon.

For tonight, Ji Hyo will let those two lovey dovey enjoy their night. They put on such an entertaining show.

But their peaceful and happy days are about to be … over