Chapter 5 -In front of each other ...

Revenge

“Do you want to run with me?” – He offers – “I know this area really well. I can show you around.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course.” – He answers with a smile.

Of course he doesn’t want to miss this precious chance. After their interview, he has been counting every minute for the next Monday to come quickly. His time at work seems to keep spreading longer and longer than normal. He tried to find so many things to do but the clock didn’t seem to move at all. He never felt like that before. He used to love working. Running a business is his passion. That’s why he practiced at the company since he was still a teenager. He dedicated his time to work. He never got sick of working. But thing changed the moment she stepped in his life. When she left the office, a part of his soul also followed her. It was definitely not easy to function with just a half soul left. He had been longing to see her to ask for his lost soul back. And now in front of her, he thinks he just lost another part of his soul as well.

“But I run really fast , do you think you can catch on?” – She playfully asks.

“Hmmm! I don’t know but let’s try. Whoever loses first will have to buy coffee ok?”

“Sound good to me.” – She says and takes off before he can answer.

“Hey, it’s cheating.” – He yells and quickly follows her.

She turns her neck toward him, curls her lips to a big smile, playfully. Her smile is so bright under the morning sunshine. The way her hairs fly freely by her face makes his heart flustered. She is beautiful even in this early in the morning. He unconsciously smiles. That woman has a super power that makes his heart flutter effortlessly.

She wasn’t kidding when she said that she ran really fast. He is good runner but it takes him a while to catch up to her.

“Quicker or you have to buy coffee.” – She turns around and tells him, breathless from the race. Her feet are still running at full speed. She doesn’t seem to want to wait at all. She is definitely a egoistic kind of girl and he likes it. She is about to cross the street but she isn’t aware that the light turned red.

“Be careful!” – He yells as he sees the car is running toward her.

She turns around and looks but the car is getting too close. She is in panic and closes her eyes. Her soul just escaped for a moment. When her awareness comes back, she feels a firm chest right on her face and something is beating really hard under that big steady chest. She can hear the heart beat loud and clear, like all the noise in this world suddenly disappear and the only sound left is that heartbeat. That heart is beating toward her. A warm feeling keeps running toward her heart, stimulates it to beat harder to the uncontrollable level. Is it because she is panic or because she just realizes that she is in his arms?

 His left arm is tightly curling around her waist and his right hand is protecting her head. He just saved her from getting hit by a car. She realizes that just now. She flutters. She totally forgot than she was almost got hit by a car. The only thing she aware right now is him. Her lips are on his chest; her body is tightly glued to him. She aware of every single vein running inside his body. She flutters. Her entire body is burning hot, especially her cheeks. It takes her a few minutes to push him a way. – “Thank you very much.” – She shyly bows toward him.

“No problem. Are you ok?” – He concerns

She avoids his eyes contact. She is still too flush to look at him straight in the eyes. Her heart is still racing at crazy speed – “Yeah. I’m ok. Thank you.” – She softly says.

“That’s good.” – He smiles looking at her pink cheeks. He can tell that she flutters too. Different than her cool attitude at the interview, right now she is rather cute with her shy expression, like an innocent teenager. He actually was more fluster than her when she was in his arms. The situation earlier was too urgent and he had no choice but quickly pulled her in and accidently, she fell neatly to his chest.

He admits that he was greedy earlier and didn’t want to release her too quickly. He just loved the feeling that her lips accidently touch his chest and her body fitted right in his arm. He felt her nervous breath run through his shirt fabric and warmed his whole body up. He is sure that he doesn’t have high blood pressure but the doctors probably would state otherwise if they checked his blood pressure at that moment.  He probably hasn’t felt that nervous and excited since he was a teenager. She really has special influence on him. When she pushes him out, he honestly wants to pull her right back in his arms. But it would be to bold for the second meeting. However, one day he will pull her back regardless how many times she tries to push him out. He will not let her leave his arms as easy as this time.

“I know you are eager to win but safety first ok?” – He teases, tries to chase away their awareness.

She shyly smiles. – “Well, let’s me buy coffee then. As thank you for saving my life.”

“Hmm. Only coffee? I am thinking at least dinner?” – He playfully glares at her.

He is not stingy to make her treat him dinner because he saved her life. He wouldn’t mind to use his life to protect her. He only needs an excuse to ask her out for dinner. This is totally just perfect. Even heaven is on his side.

She chuckles – “No wonder you are CEO. You calculate very well.” – She teases.

“What can I do? It comes with my job.”

She laughs. He is in love with the way her nose winkles as her lips curl to the brightest smile. His heart keeps melting as frozen ice under the summer sun.

“Fine but you have to choose the restaurant ok? I am still very new to Seoul.”

“Sure. What kind of food you like?” – He excitedly asks. He is about to find out her favorite food. Just perfect!

“Whatever you like! It’s my thank you treat so you should choose your favorite food.”

She is really not easy to give in. Fine, he will be a man and let her slide this time then. After all, he will have plenty of chance to get to know her, not only on the dinner but pretty much 5 days a week as she is working at his company starting next week.

“Great! Should we make it tonight?”

“Wow, you are really eager to take your thank you treat, aren’t you?” – She teases.

“Of course, what if you change your mind. I have to take it when I can.” – He grins playfully.

His grin, the slight move on his lips but causes a big impact on her heart makes it keeps thudding wrong beats.

“I am a woman of my words. Don’t worry.” – She winks playfully at him without knowing that she just shot a love arrow straight to the center of his heart. She probably hasn’t aware what she has done to him at all by just standing in front of him. Now she has to knock him out with her cute little wink. Woman likes her should have a warning - don’t stare at her for too long or there is a possibility of love sick. He is pretty sure that he just caught love flu from her and it doesn’t seem going to go away anytime soon. There is probably no medication for that. But it’s ok. He kind of likes the little tingling feeling in his heart. He hasn’t felt that way for a while.

“I will trust you then. Can I pick you up at 7?”

“Sure. I should be ready by then.”

“Can I have your phone number? I will call you when I arrive.” – He actually can have her phone number at any time he wants. Her resume is still on his table. He of course can get it from there but it would be unprofessional. He is rather to go direct way and gets the phone number straightly from her. It’s definitely more personal. He wants to get to her in personal level, not professional level.

“Sure.” – She brightly says and reads him her phone number.

He quickly plugs it in and calls her – “Now you get mine too.”

“I didn’t ask for it.” – She playfully answers.

“You don’t really have choice. That’s what people call exchange phone number. Since I have yours, it’s only fair for you to have mine, too.” – He smiles.

“That’s really thoughtful of you.” – She laughs.

“I am born as a gentleman.”

They both laugh hard without realizing that they have been conversing very comfortable to each other. Neither of them is joker. They are pretty stiff in daily basic actually. He is a big CEO so he always has to put on his solemn face in front of his employees. People even call him cold at work. He barely smiles at anyone. And her, she kept an important position in a big corporation before so being serious was a part of her job especially as she was a girl and pretty young at that time.  However, when they are talking, they can pull out many jokes and teases. They don’t realize that when they are in front of each other, they put all their guards down and let their mind free. In front of her, he no longer cares about the company profit. And in front of him, she no longer has the thought of revenge.

In front of each other, they only care about … each other.