Chapter 30 -Murderer

Revenge

Jong Kook was transferred to Seoul after his first therapy treatment. It has been three days since he is hospitalized and Ji Hyo takes very good care of him. Besides work, she spends most of her time in the hospital. She even sleeps over to take care of him since he can’t move his back. Jin Hyuk is obviously not at all happy about that but she has been ignoring him. She hasn’t responded to his call or message. At work, she only stays at her station so he can’t confront her. He senses the abnormality and his stomach keeps burning with jealousy and anxiety. He can’t postpone his plan any longer. It is time for him to have a good talk with his fiancée.

Just as the last three days, Ji Hyo comes and visits Jong Kook right after work. She even brought with her the ox tail bone soup that she woke up since 4 A.M to cook for him. Someone in the office told her that it will help the healing process.

“Hello” – Ji Hyo brightly sneaks her face in Jong Kook’s patient room. He is sitting on the bed and reading some report.

“Oh, you can sit now?” – Ji Hyo puts down the soup and checks on Jong Kook back.

He takes her hand and pulls her down next to him, wrapping his arm around her shoulders – “Yeah, I can sit now. Doctor said that I can go home tomorrow.” – His whispers in her neck.

Her heart throbs as his breath keeps flowing straight to her neck, so warm and arousal. She has to lean away from him to stop the goosebumps from visible. But he of course doesn’t let her get away that easy. He pulls her back to his arm, tighter and she can’t even move. – “Remember what you promised me when my back healed?”

She blushes – “Of course I remembers” - She counts every minute to the time that his back healed. The last three nights were sleepless to her. She even rehearsed in front of the mirror what she was going to tell him. She was super nervous but she had a good feeling. He definitely will understand. She has that trust on him.

“Then let’s go to a nice restaurant tomorrow for dinner, alright? How about the one we went on our first date?” – He suggests, looking at her lovingly.

She nods with a smile – “I love that place. But let feed you today first. I made ox tail soup for you.” – She reaches the bag of food that she brought in and puts in on the table on top of his bed.

The fragrant warms up the whole room as soon as she opens the food container. He can’t hide his excitement. – “Wow did you make that?”

“Yeah, I did but don’t expect too much. This is my first time making this soup. I can’t promise if it is good.” – She pours the soup to a bowl and blows it – “Ahhh.” – She puts a full spoon of soup in front of his mouth and he obediently opens his lips. Even though he is more than capable of feeding himself since his back is pretty much fully recovered, he prefers being fed by her. She is superb at nursing patient with her gentle and caring personality. He is rather sad that he is getting released too early. He wants to be nursed by her for a few more days. But in a good note, he will be able to take a yes from her tomorrow. It will definitely be a yes or else she wouldn’t take such a good care of him the last few days.

“Wow it is so delicious.” – He says in amazement. This is so far one of the best bowls of ox tail soup that he has ever eaten and he is a super picky eater. The tails is at the right tenderness, not too soft or too chewy and the broth is over the chart.

“Really? You don’t have to say that for me, alright? I need honest feedback so I can make improvement.” – She asks honestly mainly because she has never eaten this kind of soup before. She took the recipe online and followed her instinct. It is rather difficult to judge if the soup is good or not as the cook has not tasted that food before.

Jong Kook scowls softly – “Of course it is good. Didn’t you taste it?”

“I did taste it but since I hadn’t eaten it before so I didn’t know if it tastes right. Do you like it?”

He nods eagerly – “I love it. Can you make it for me every day?”

“Now you are being greedy. Do know how long did it take to make this soup?” – She scolds him but her lips can’t stop curling. Thinking about cooking for him every day is actually not too bad. She will do it with pleasure seeing how much he enjoys her food.

“Because you spoil me.” – He says, nuzzles his face to hers as a cute little puppy.

Her face is redder than tomato and her heart beat uncontrollably – “Stop playing and eat it by yourself. I am going to get us a drink.” – She hands him the spoon and walks away to calm her crazy heart down.

His eyes follow her to the door with a satisfied smile. She is definitely cute as she flusters.

The vending machine is not too far from his room but she purposely walks around the garden a little bit to get some fresh air and calms herself down. Then from afar, she sees Jin Hyuk and Min Hee, they are talking but the situation seems rather tenses. Ji Hyo decides to get closer to them to overhear their conversation. From the corner, she can see well and clear how frustrated Min Hee face is.

“Is this even the place or time for us to talk about stock transferring? My brother is laying in the room right here and you only proposed me a few days ago. Did you only want to married me for money?” – Min Hee screams.

 Ji Hyo figures that Jin Hyuk already made his move. He is more anxious than she expected. Only 3 days after the proposal and he asked her to transfer the stock. No wonder Min Hee is frustrated.

Jin Hyuk scowls – “So that is how you think about me? A gold-digger? I am that low to you? Fine! If you think it that way, we shouldn’t be together anymore. Let’s break off the engagement.” – Wow this guy is really good at acting. He is obviously a gold digger but he acts as he is totally innocent. Even Ji Hyo almost bought his act.

Min Hee immediately changes her attitude and grabs Jin Hyuk’s arm – “Oppa, it is not what I mean. It’s just that … You choose very wrong time to talk about this, oppa.”

“I wouldn’t be rush if your father and brother didn’t already have someone in their mind for the CFO’s chair. They are definitely not giving me the chair if I am not a major stockholder. Do you want your husband forever stay in his section chief chair while your father giving the CFO chair to a stranger?” – He keeps his frustrated voice.

“But oppa, how can I know that you are not leaving me if you have all my stock?” – Min Hee asks, desperate.

Yes, she should consider that much because he is definitely leaving her after he has all the stocks in his name. She is nothing more than a stepping stone to him.

He shakes her hands away from his arm – “We are about to become husband and wife and you can’t even trust me with money? If I want your money I can just threaten to tell the world that you are a murderer.”

“What?” – Min Hee raises her voice and Ji Hyo also wants to ask the same question. What is he talking about?

Murderer? Who? Min Hee? If so, who did she murder?

 It wasn’t … it wasn’t …  Ji Hyo hands start shaking. She isn’t even sure if she wants to know the answer. Her sister committed suicide so Min Hee probably has nothing to do with that, probably not.

Otherwise …

Otherwise …

Jin Hyuk smirks - “Remember the night that Sung Eun passed away? You were devastated and called me out for the drink. You were dead drunk when I was there. Remember what you told me? You told me that Sung Eun called you before she took the pill. You came to her apartment. After ringing the bell so many times but no answer, you used your spare key to open the door. Sung Eun was laying unconsciously on the floor with sleeping pills all over the place. You checked her pulse and she was still breathing. If you called ambulance at that time, she probably would still be alive but you didn’t. You let her there to dead. You are a murderer.” – He stresses the word murderer with a disgusted stare.

Min Hee eyes tear up – “I was panic at that time. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to let her die.”

“But you did. Didn’t you want her to die so you can have me all for yourself? Wasn’t it because I didn’t want to leave her at that time?” – He throws the sharp glare at her then walks away angrily.

“Oppa, oppa.” – Min Hee chases after him in tears.

They left, but their conversation is still echoing in Jin Hyo’s ears. She can’t even stand straight anymore. Her knees are too weak that she has to sit on the floor. Her tears keep on rolling down. Her chest is hurt as if someone just ripped her chest open, pulled out her heart, threw it on the floor and stepping all over it violently. This pain is unbearable. She can’t even breathe.

So her sister did have a chance to live but that evil girl stole it away. That wicked woman could bring Sung Eun back to live but she didn’t. That witch let her pitiful sister lay on the ground to dead. That terrible girl!

 HOW COULD SHE DO THAT? HOW COULD SHE DO THAT?

 ARGGGGG.

A MURDERER. THAT WOMAN IS A MURDERER.

 No, Ji Hyo can’t forgive that woman. Screw karma. She will take care of the revenge by her own hand. That sinful woman has to pay the price, the most expensive and terrible price.

Ji Hyo can’t let her slide.

“Oh my little sister, my poor little sister, how could the world be so cruel to you. How could they do that do you?” – Ji Hyo keeps on crying, ignoring the fact that people keep staring at her as they walk by. She keeps sitting on that same spot, rubbing her hand on her chest, trying to ease the pain in her heart and let her tears roll.

Why? Why? Why thing has to turn out like this?

WHY???