Chapter 22 - Field trip

Revenge

 Today is company field trip. This is once in a year event of Kim Financial Corporation. All employees and management are required to join the trip as a part of their team building program. This year field trip takes place in a mountain, few hours away from Seoul. Everyone gather in front of the company early in the morning and move to the location by buses. Employees are riding bus according to their department; management is riding a separate bus. Because Ji Hyo is also a part of management so she can’t escaping riding the same bus with Jong Kook. For some reason, no one sit on the seat next to Ji Hyo.  Many people still assume that there is something going on between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo and of course no one wants to mess with the big boss’s lady.

Jin Hyuk of course wants to take that seat but he can’t risk Min Hee getting suspicious. He has to sit a few rows away from Ji Hyo. As the last one enters the bus, Jong Kook has no choice but sitting next to Ji Hyo. He knows she is not very comfortable about that but they are out of option.

After the dancing night, Ji Hyo has totally disappeared from his eyesight. If he doesn’t have the camera surveillance, he would think that she quitted the job. He kept walking around the company all the time but never even once he accidently faced her. It seemed as she tried very hard to avoid him. But their fate tied with each other. They had to face each other no matter what.

Her heart jumps a beat when he sits down next to her. His sense tangles her body and wakes all her senses up. She misses this smell so much, the manly, unique sense of him. She doesn’t even dare to take a glance at him.  She is afraid that she won’t be able to control her flutter heart. She only can look down and his hand is on her eyesight. That hand was the one that cup her face that night, the one that carry her to the car, the car that caresses all over her. Even his manly hand makes her gulp. She changes her direction and staring outside the window. There is nothing to look since the bus is still not moving. And no matter how much she tries to distract herself, she is still fully aware that his eyes haven’t left her since the moment he entered the bus.

He misses her so much. His heart flutters from just sign of her. He is sitting next to her. He can feel her breath he can smell her sense. She finally walks out of his monitor. She is real and right next to him. He wants to caresses her, wants to nuzzle a little closer to her. But she draws a line between them by the way she keeps ignoring his existence. She probably prefers they not talking and he lets her be, for more than an hour, her eyes are still fixing outside the window. If she doesn’t want to talk to him directly, he will let music do the talking then. He pulls out his iPod, put one earplug on his left ear and the other one on her right ear.

She is startled with the suddenly touch of him on her ear. She glances at him for a second then looks away. A quick glance of him is enough to take her breath away. She is aware that the earplug is on her ear. She planned to take it away but the music keeps her hand from moving. It is a very sad song and as soon as the singer starts singing, she recognizes right away. He is singing. His voice is so sad but so beautiful.

(A/N: You can listen the song at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bn-GFPQ4GU)

I keep you by my side closing my eyes.
I feel you through the sweet wind.
I also feel the sweet memories which passed by and the eyes looking at me.

 

The more I miss you, the more I cry.
The more I think about you, the more you become blurred.
I notice and hate myself forgetting you while remembering.

 

The words that I couldn’t say to you, “I love you”
The words that cannot be filled with anything.
The words that I replaced with tears even until the end.
I’ll leave the words “I love you” deep in me.
So that we can talk with smile next time.

 

I still remember them because I’m not able to remove.
To rather cry with smiling.
I also remember your sweet smile looking at me and you effort to make me laugh.

The more I throw them away, the more they remain deep inside me.

 

The more I hate you, the more I miss you.
Living without you is living dead.
Please my baby by my side.

 

The words that I couldn’t say to you, “I love you”
The words that cannot be filled with anything.
The words that I replaced with tears even until the end.
I’ll leave the words “I love you” deep in me.
So that we can talk with smile next time.

 

You’re only my love.
You’ll always be forever.

 

The words that I say to you now, “I love you”
The words that cannot be replaced.
The words that I shout instead of my tears as goodbye.
Please keep the words “I love you” deep inside your heart.
So that I’ll be able to come back with smile next time.

 

Her tears drop before she knows it. She hides her face away so he can’t see that her tears are rolling. She tries to hold it back but it isn’t easy. How can the song be so sad? Does it how he feels about her. Listening to the song but somehow she feels as she watching a movie. She sees him there, sitting lonely in a corner of his room, thinks about her, misses her, and cries for her. Somehow that image of him causes her heart ache. Her chest is tightened, she is hurt, very much …

 She isn’t sobbing but her body is shaking just a little bit but enough for him to notice. He knows that she is crying even though she tries to hide her face away from him. He wants to dry her tears but somehow he feels as he shouldn’t touch her. If he touches her cheek, then he will want to touch her shoulders, want to pull her tiny body in his arms and nuzzle her in his chest. He wants to feel her tears wetting his shirt; he wants to feel her body shaken in his arm. He wants to do it so badly but he can’t. He has to hold back and the only thing he can do is staring at her. His heart aches as if it is cracking to little pieces.

After three hours, the bus finally arrives at their destination and they still haven’t spoken a word. Ji Hyo meets up with her department after getting off the bus and same as Jin Hyuk. The day activities mainly spend on hiking and building tents since it is two day trips. The fun only begins when the nightfall. The first competition for the night is cooking battle. The same ingredients are given to 5 teams. With whatever they got, they have to cook for 20 people of their teams. Jong Kook together with COO and CMO are the judges for the cooking contest. They have 1 hour to prepare the food and whatever team wins, the whole team members will receive an extra bonus. Everybody is excited.

Ji Hyo volunteers to join the cooking battle. Her cooking skill finally has a chance to put in use. Before becoming owners of big Restaurant franchise, her grandparents were just owners of a small Korean restaurant. Ji Hyo often followed her grandparents to work and that was where she got familiar with cooking. Her grandmother was a great cook. Ji Hyo learned many secret cooking recipes from her.  Hopefully one of those recipes will help her to bring victories to her team today.

The battle begins and all she does is focusing on cooking. She acts as a real chief, dividing responsibility for each person and without a word, everybody obey her instruction. She has really good leadership skill. And it appears to be supper attractive to both Jong Kook and Jin Hyuk. They both couldn’t get their eyes off her. People say that woman is iest when she is cooking and Ji Hyo is definitely proving that. Her hair is tight up to a ponytail, some strains redbelly escape and run down to her face but she doesn’t bother to fix them. Her face only becomes shinier with some little drops of sweat. If there are not hundreds pairs of eyes following the battle, Jong Kook would definitely walks to her and dries those sweat with his bare hand. He wants to touch her, very much. She is more than attractive when she focuses. He tries very hard but eventually his brain gives up for his heart. He walks toward her casually as a judge should be checking on the contestant.

“What are you making, Ji Hyo – ssi?” – He whispers in her ear and a chill sends straight to her spine.

She startles, turning around and his face is right next to her, smiling, handsome and charming. She drops her spoon and also drops her heart to the floor. She bends down and picks it up and so does he. His hand gently brushes her hand as they both touch the spoon at the same time. A spark of electric quickly spread from her hand to her heart. She loses her breath and her soul for a minute. Then when her soul comes back, her heart starts beating like crazy. She even forgets to standing up.

“Are you ok?” – He softly asks and she startles again, quickly standing up before she loses herself.

“Yes.” – She mutters and puts her focus back to the burning pot of soup.

“Keep on the good work.” – He says then walks away. He himself needs to calm his rebellious heart down too. He is 39 years old but somehow in front of her he is always just a teenager that can’t control his heart for even just a minute. Only a slightest body contact with her already sent him to roller coaster. When he bended down to help her pick up the spoon, he felt her rush breath. The same kind of rush that he felt that night when they kissed. His body burned hot just thinking about that kiss. If it wasn’t for the little rationality left in his brain, he would definitely press another kiss on her lips in front of all the employees and managements. It would be bad but he would be happy. Suppressing the sensation is a pain.

From afar, a man is burning with anger and jealousy. What a show that those two play. One is 34 and one is 39 and neither of them acts their age. They both keep important positions in their company but can’t keep their image in front of the employees. What with their rosy cheeks, what with their flutter. And Kim Jong Kook, what with the way he stares at Ji Hyo. Even a fool can tell that he wants to have a taste of her. If it wasn’t for a show that he is about to perform tonight, Jin Hyuk would definitely run to Jong Kook and punch him on the face for flirting with his woman. He has to rush his plan. The more he looks at Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, the more uneasy he feels. He doesn’t want to lose her. He can’t. She is the only woman that can make his heart going crazy. She is the only one that can make him happy by just sitting next to her. He won’t let anyone take her away from him especially not Kim Jong Kook. That man already has everything; he can have any girl he wants, models or actresses but definitely not Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo is his woman, Jin Hyuk’s woman. No one else can have her, but him.