Chapter 39 - His new lady

Revenge

“Oppa, why are you standing there, come here.” – Min Hee’s high pitch voice pulls Jong Kook out of his frozen stage.

Taking a deep breath, he walks toward Min Hee and Ji Hyo, beside a quick glance as he sitting down next to Min Hee, he totally ignores Ji Hyo. Despite how much he wants to look at her, how desperate he wants to sit next to her, he keeps a distance, a freezing cold distance to keep himself from shaken up. That woman hurt him enough already, he needs to protect himself from her.

She is too dangerous, a quick gaze from her can make his heart stop beating, a soft smile from her can make his nose stop breathing. She can take his life away with just her look and he definitely can’t let it happen. He needs to shield himself from her. And … it isn’t easy. Even though Min Hee is sitting between him and Ji Hyo, he still can smell Ji Hyo unique body sent, he still can feel her nervous breath as if Min Hee is totally disappeared and there is no space between them. He misses her too much that he is about to go insane. For a minute, he wants to forget about everything and pulls her to his embrace but … She probably doesn’t want it. She has a man, a perfect man and he … he is just a toy to her … yeah just a thrown away toy.

That is his thought but it isn’t hers. To her, he has never been a toy. He is someone … special, very special to her. If they met in a different circumstance, thing would turn out different. She would hold on to him tightly, would love him with all she got and would never hurt him the way she has been. Meeting him, falling in love with him has never been a part of the plan. She prepared herself for all the obstacles that she might face in her revenge journal but she has never prepared herself for falling in love with the brother of her enemy.

Her hands unknowingly mess with each other as result of her nervousness. She is not a runaway type of girl, she is a problem facing kind of girl but when it comes to him, she chooses to run away. Because it is the best she can do. Because for the first time in her life, her heart becomes weak in front of a man. That night, the night that she broke his heart, she had to gather all her courage, all her energy, all her well-function brain cells in order to face him and speak out those cruel words. And that was all she got. She knew better than anyone that she won’t be able to hold herself together if she sees him again.

And just as she thought, right now, even though Min Hee is between them but all she feels is his present. She doesn’t even dare to look at him more than a second. Because in that quick one second, her heart already feels as it is exploded. He, in her heart, is as a small burning flame, it is small but it is always burning, and now, as he is in front of her, as if a gallon of gasoline is poured in, the flame suddenly blows up in her heart, so big, so bright, so hot that her heart, her soul and her entire body is melted. Even breathing, she can’t do it properly. She is so lost in her own blank space that Min Hee has to almost yell to get her attention on a dress that she likes.

“Oh, that’s look good.” – Ji Hyo says with a wry smile without even looking at the dress. Her mind is a serious mess.

Lucky for her that Min Hee is too into gown shopping to concern about her abnormal behavior. – “Alright, I will try this one on then. How do you think, oppa?” – Min Hee turns to Jong Kook and asks

“Oh … sure. It looks great.” – He also just got out of his zone out.

“Good. I want to try this one on.” – Min Hee tells the sale clerk who quickly leads her to changing area, leaving Ji Hyo and Jong Kook sitting on the couch, awkward.

Both of them, without looking at each other, their body language behave exactly the same. They both look down on their hands which are constantly messing with each other. They stare at their hands so hard that they can count how many veins are running on their hands. As they got bored of staring at their own hands, they change their eyes direction to the floor, counting how many tiles in front of them. Even when they finish counting the tiles for the tenth time, they don’t dare to look up. Both are afraid to meet each other eyes or worse than that, they are afraid that they can’t find each other’s eyes when they look up. That would be very disappointed. Even though both of them determined to forget about each other, deep in their heart, there is still a tiny little flame of hope that eventually thing will be different, that maybe, just a miniscule maybe that they will end up together one day.       

30 minutes went by but neither of them speaks a single word. Even the receptionist feels awkward to offer them refreshments. Fortunate for them that Min Hee finished changing right at the moment that they both were about to get suffocated from the silence.

“How do I look?” -  Min Hee asks, standing in the fabulous strapless ballgown wedding dress. All girls indeed look gorgeous in wedding gown even though white is totally not a color for a wicked girl as her.

 Looking at Min Hee, somehow Ji Hyo sees her little sister face. Sung Eun definitely would look fabulous in wedding dress.  White is Sung Eun’s color, innocent and pure just as her personality. She always loved wedding dress so much. When they were kids, Sung Eun even took down their room’s white curtain and made it her wedding dress then asked Ji Hyo to be her groom. The little innocent Sung Eun would be a perfect bride but why? Why did she have to leave this world before she could put on herself the real wedding dress?

The poor innocent Sung Eun! She is so pitiful.

Despite the effort of keeping her face straight, her eyes couldn’t hide away the sadness. Those big beautiful eyes of her are too obvious in expressing sorrow that even with just a quick gaze, Jong Kook can feel her pain in his heart. Why is she so sad again? He wants to gives her a hug so badly, wants to bury her face in his chest so badly. Maybe he should, she looks like she needs it. He takes a step closer to her but …

“Oppa, you are here too?” – A bright voice pulls everyone attention on the door.

“Hong Jin Young?” – Jong Kook answers in surprise. This famous trot singer is one of the rare girls that he actually went out more than one time. In fact, they just went out 2 nights ago. She is totally different than Ji Hyo. Even though their only 4 years but Jin Young is totally lively, active, and even childish sometimes but Jong Kook found it rather entertaining. That’s why he gave the exception to take her out more than 1 dinner. He is sure that she amused him but whether he is attracted to her or not, he can’t tell for sure.

“Yeah. What a coincidence to see you here, oppa!” – Jin Young quickly runs to Jong Kook, and curling her hands around his left arm.

“I know. I am in surprise. What are you doing here?” – Jong Kook asks, his eyes are still in disbelief state.

“This place sponsors dress for my next MV so I come to pick my dress. What luck is this? Originally, I planned to come later on the day but my schedule got canceled so I come early. I can’t believe that I see you here. What are you doing here anyway? Don’t tell me you are getting married.” – She narrows her eyes, asking him playfully.

He laughs and shakes his hands - “Of course not. My sister is shopping for her wedding dress.” – Jong Kook answers, pointing to Min Hee.

“Oh, your sister is so pretty.” – Jin Young brightly states, dragging Jong Kook closer to Min Hee. She totally ignores Ji Hyo existence. Probably, she didn’t see Ji Hyo there as in her eyes, there was only Jong Kook. And Jong Kook doesn’t seem at all against Min Hee affection. He lets her freely hold his arm and drags him away from Ji Hyo.

A sharp stun suddenly flashes through Ji Hyo heart seeing Jong Kook’s arm in another girl’s hands. He is even smiling at that girl, a genuine smile, not a pretending smile as he did with Go Ara before. Ji Hyo has no idea who Hong Jin Young is but she can at least tell Jin Young is one of his fan girl or probably more than that. Ji Hyo hands tighten to two fists as she staring at Hong Jin Young and Kim Jong Kook from behind.

Jin Young is very comfortable around Jong Kook. She even leans her head on Jong Kook shoulder as she making comment about Min Hee’s gorgeous dress.  The two of them look rather great together.

Right! They look great together.

Ji Hyo loosens her grips and releases a long exhale. She should be happy. He finally found a girl. That girl can make him smile. That girl can freely show her affection to him without hesitation. That girl, whoever she is, is definitely better than her.

She curls her lips to a smile even though her heart is aching, so badly as if it just got shot by a bullet. It is probably bleeding very badly right now to the point that her eyes want to bleed out the pain as well but she swallows her pain back to her heart. She still needs to play a wicked cold witch in front of him.

It is best for him to hate her …