Chapter 40 - The one in his eyes

Revenge

“Ji Hyo ah, how do I look?” – Min Hee pulls Ji Hyo out of her depressed thought and also brings Jong Kook and Jin Young attention to Ji Hyo.

“Oh, you look great.” – Ji Hyo says with a smile, takes a few step closer to Jong Kook and Jin Young. Now she is next to Jong Kook whose arm on another girl hands. For the first time ever, she knows how third wheel feel like.

“Oh, I didn’t know that you are with them. Nice to meet you! My name is Hong Jin Young.” – Jin Young greets Ji Hyo with a bright tone just as her personality.

Ji Hyo curls her lips to a sociable smile – “Nice to meet you too! My name is Song Ji Hyo.”

Jong Kook is the only one that keeps silent the entire time. He is in a very awkward position, standing in the middle of two ladies, one he likes and one likes him. Even though he knows that he needn’t care about how Ji Hyo thinks about him with a new girl, he just … can’t ignore her feeling. Somewhere in his heart, he still concern that Ji Hyo may be upset. But why should she be upset? She clearly has a boyfriend and she is the one that crushed his heart. He shouldn’t care about her. She probably doesn’t even bother at all about the fact that he has a new woman.

As if Min Hee can smell awkwardness in the atmosphere she quickly asks Ji Hyo and Jong Kook to get change to the outfits that she picked for them as they are her maid of honor and best man. Jin Young also goes to changing room to try on her sponsored dresses.

“Song Ji Hyo – ssi, can I ask you a question?” – Jin Young asks as her changing room is right next to Ji Hyo’s

Jin Young is definitely the last person that Ji Hyo wants to communicate with right now but she doesn’t seem to have a choice. It will be more awkward if she doesn’t respond – “Sure.” – She answers, wryly.

“Thank you. You are Min Hee’s maid of honor so you probably know both of them very well right?”

 “I know enough, I guess.” – More than enough, especially Kim Jong Kook. Not only she knows him but she also tasted him, felt him, and fell for him. But she has a good sense to not speak those words out loud.

“Great, do you know if oppa has any girl in his mind?” – Jin Young asks, timid.

Just what is the ironic situation going on here? Is Ji Hyo about to consult about Jong Kook to his admirer? Yes of course he has a girl in his mind. That girl is standing right here and her name is Song Ji Hyo. He is deeply into her and she is falling for him just as much but … but they definitely are not going to be together. So … - “I am not sure” – She says, low voice. Lucky for her that Jin Young can’t see how misery her face is right now.

“Oh is that so?” – Jin Young asks, disappointed – “But don’t you think it is weird that oppa is till single? He is such a perfect man, handsome, manly, gallant, and successful too.” – Envy is visible in Jin Young voice.

And of course Ji Hyo knows that better than anyone. Because he is such a perfect man like that so her heart keeps aching every time she thinks about him as right now. She has to sit down and rubs her chest a few times to ease the painful ache in the tight muscle in the middle of her chest.

“Are you still there Ji Hyo – ssi?” – Jin Young asks again as Ji Hyo hasn’t been able to respond to her.

Swallowing a big plump and taking a deep breath. – “Yeah, I am but I’m done changing. I go out there first, alright?” – Ji Hyo answers, she has to get out of this room before any more Jong Kook’s related question is asked. Her heart is at breaking point.

“Oh really? Me too. Let’s go out there together.” – Jin Young really doesn’t get the clue that Ji Hyo tries to avoid being with her at the moment. She is a great and bright girl, Ji Hyo has nothing against her, but she is still someone that is interested in the man in her heart. It is very difficult to deal with situation like that.

Despite Ji Hyo’s escaping effort, Jin Young is right behind her and they walk out of the changing room at the same time. Both of them are definitely gorgeous in their fancy dresses but Jong Kook eyes can only focus on one person and without giving his brain a chance of selecting, his eyes automatically glue on Ji Hyo. She is more than beautiful in the soft pink floor length dress. The skin tight dress accents her fabulous curves. Because it is a strapless dress, her neckline has a chance to show off its y curve. His heart once again thuds uncontrollably. It is not at all easy to ignore her as she keeps appearing in front of his eyes, more gorgeous every time. He stands still as a statue, admiring her beauty. She still has that weird power over him, the power of making him lose control over himself – “You are gorgeous.” – The words blur out and he has no control over it as if his brain totally stops functioning and his heart takes the total control over his body.

“Thank you, oppa.” – Jin Young brightly says and runs to Jong Kook, leaving behind Ji Hyo who hasn’t even had a chance to smile at his sudden compliment. Jing Young is cheerful but she is not an idiot. She has been watching Jong Kook the whole time and she knows more than better that the compliment isn’t for her. The way Jong Kook staring at Ji Hyo as if she was the only one exist in this world, the desperation in his eyes, and the way he blurred out the words “You are gorgeous” are enough to tell Jin Young that Ji Hyo is someone more than special to him, the one that in control of his mind and his heart, and probably the one that he can’t have but can’t forget either. But whatever the situation is, she knows that they are currently not together and she will take this chance.

Jong Kook is totally in shock. Even though his compliment was for Ji Hyo, as Jin Young is locking her arm in his now, he has to play along. – “The dress fits you well.” – He smiles at Jin Young sweetly. She is beautiful with the white wedding gown, elegant and bright just as personality but he can’t stop himself from another quick glance at Ji Hyo. In his eyes, there is truly no prettier woman than Ji Hyo even though she kept hurting him from one time to another.

“Isn’t it oppa? I think I will pick this one for my MV. Can you take a selfie with me, oppa?” – Jin Young brightly asks and takes out her phone but Jong Kook is abruptly taken away from her.

“Oppa, come and take a picture with Ji Hyo. I need to see how you two look like in the picture to decide whether or not should we take those outfits.” – Min Hee says, pulling Jong Kook toward Ji Hyo. She has nothing against Jin Young personally but she just doesn’t like her brother dating celebrities in general. He always spent too much money on them and she assumed that it was because they asked for it. She sets really high standard for her future sister in law, probably stricter than his mother who only hopes that Jong Kook will get married, everyone will do since he is already in his 40s. Since the first time she met Ji Hyo, Min Hee knows that there is no better fit for her brother. Ji Hyo is clearly pretty, elegant, wealthy, and more than generous. She felt that there was something wrong between Ji Hyo and Jong Kook latelt. Even though she had no clue how serious the matter is, she was sure that there would be a way to fix it. So she took it in her own hand and asked both of them to come to this fitting with her. She purposely wanted to remind her brother of how beautiful Ji Hyo is so he can forget whatever the problem is and gets back with Ji Hyo. But she didn’t expect a random singer that he went out with suddenly appeared from a middle of nowhere and ruined her perfect plan.   

Min Hee probably wasn’t aware at all of how awkward the situation that she is putting Ji Hyo and Jong Kook in is and how annoyed Jin Young is. 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are standing next to each other now whether they like it or not. And as if it isn’t enough to give them a mini heart attack, Min Head pulls Ji Hyo’s right arm around Jong Kook’s left arm, pushing them closer to each other and even tilted Ji Hyo head’s on Jong Kook’s shoulder.

“Now you two look perfect.” – Min Hee states, satisfied, taking out her phone and takes a bunch of pictures of those two. She has no idea how much emotion and passion she is putting Jong Kook and Ji Hyo in. Those two hearts are surely in roller coaster right now. Those light body contacts are enough to burn both of their souls hot. If possible, they wish that they can stand in that position forever, right next to each other, arm in arm.

That would be … great.

But sadly, life doesn’t let them stay together; people don’t let them stay together. Jin Young quickly pulls Jong Kook away as soon as they done picture taking. Ji Hyo lets Jong Kook go in regret. She truly wants to hold his arm back and keeps him by her side but … she has no right to do so. The only thing she can do is letting him walk away in another girl’s hands, right in front of her eyes, right in front of her hands, her useless hand that can’t hold on to him, can’t hold on to anything …

He is sliding away from her, without a glance back …