Chapter 21 - Trash

Revenge

Things get even more awkward between Ji Hyo and Jong Kook after that night. Now they not only have to deal with each other but the entire the company. Gossip is spreading through the whole company. Everyone suspects a more than normal relationship between Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. Some of them even ask Ji Hyo straight on the face without hesitation. Despite how many time Ji Hyo tells them that there is nothing between she and Jong Kook, no one chose to believe in her. The gossip goes so viral that even pisses Jin Hyuk off. He yells at them more than onetime in the middle of their gossip. He can’t stand hearing people discussing how good Ji Hyo and Jong Kook look together.

Jin Hyuk starts losing his patient. He has to precede his plan as soon as possible before Ji Hyo listens to the rumor and leaves him for the CEO of the company. He needs money and power to fight against his boss so today he asks Ji Hyo out for dinner at a luxurious restaurant. The kind of restaurant that he didn’t even take Min Hee to even once  though she has never hesitated to spend money on him.

They spend a happy dinner together. He even orders live music performs at their table. There is champagne and flower. This is a definition of a romantic dinner. But despite his effort, Ji Hyo doesn’t feel a tiny bit of touching, all she feels is contempt. Those kinds of tricks are too classic to her. But she still has to smile and tells him how much she loves it.

“So what is the occasion?” – She asks

He holds her hand and looks deeply in her eyes – “Ji Hyo ah, do you remember I told you to trust me?”

She nods with a light smile – “Yes, why?” – She is curious. It seems as he is about to tell her something very interesting.

“Can you promise to trust me no matter what I am going to do?” – He asks her, very sincere.

“Of course I will.” – Of course she won’t. She has never trusted a single word that spoken from his mouth since day one. Everything he says has been meaningless to her. There is no way she trusts a person that pushed her sister to suicidal. But since the play is still going, she still has to play her part.

“Good.” – He says then takes a deep breath. He is aware very well that what he is saying sounds super insane – “I am going to propose to Min Hee.”

Ji Hyo stares at him, both panic and surprise. Why is he going to propose to Min Hee? Does he know her revenge plan? What is going on? – “Wh…y?” – She stutters.

He holds her hand tighter – “I know this sound crazy but I only propose to her. I am not going to marry her.”

Ji Hyo frowns. His explanation doesn’t clarify anything – “What do you mean?”

“The CFO is going to resign next month. Chairman is looking for a replacement. He only prefers his family members to keep important chair. If I propose to Min Hee now, the chair will definitely go to mine.” – He explains, stolidly.

Ji Hyo feels even more disgust toward him after hearing his plan. The plan is totally work on her favor but still. She can’t imagine that he can think of something rotten like that. Using a girl as stepping stone is bad enough but using marriage to get to a higher position is the worst. It is unacceptable when a girl using this method and it is even more intolerable as a man use this method. This guy totally has no pride at all. He is the lowest guy that she has ever met. She wonders how her sister had fell in love with him in the first place. Ji Hyo tries very hard to keep her contempt from showing – “But if you break up with her later, her father can fire you anytime. Are you going to stick with her forever?” – It is not that Ji Hyo jealous or worry about he staying with Min Hee. She just has to make sure the plan is going to work on her favor.

He lifts his hand on her face and caresses her cheek softly – “Don’t worry about that! After I propose to her, I will ask her to transfer her stock to me. She keeps 20 percent of company stock and I have 10 percent of the stock. When I have hers, I will become the major shareholder of the company. They won’t dare to do anything to me.”

Wow this guy never stops surprising her. When she thinks that he can’t get any lower, he proves her wrong. This guy is darker than the night ocean. Marriage is something holy. It is the bond between two human. And he uses it as a tool to achieve his goal. Even though she hates Min Hee but she also feels bad for her. The man that she trusts and loves is about to betray her. It save Ji Hyo a dirty hand but … This is still out of her imagination. This guy … she feels disgust, so disgust that she wishes she can slap him on the face on behalf of the unfortunate Min Hee.

“But what if she doesn’t want to transfer her stock for you?” – Ji Hyo still has to play along with this low class guy for a little more.

He shakes his head, confident – “It won’t happen. I will have my way. You just have to trust me. I know the whole company will go crazy when our engagement news publishes. You have to keep believing me and don’t listen to anyone. Do you understand?”

“But are you sure you are leaving her before the wedding? What if she demands to get married before transferring stocks to you?” – She keeps on her concerns act. A real girlfriend should at least worry that much, she guesses. If she supports him too easily, he will be suspicious.

“I will never let it happen. Besides you, I won’t take anyone as my wife. I will have my way to convince her.” – He says sweetly and she feels as throwing up. She smells and hears too much trash today. How can he say a terrible plan like that to her with such a sweet and calm voice? He doesn’t feel at all remorse about the woman that he is about to hurt. He has no sense of moral. Does he really expect that a girl will just trust him after all the dirty plan he told her? Does he really have that much confidence in himself? Ji Hyo supposes that he expects the agreeable reaction from her since she has been playing innocent girl in front of him. Whether she likes it or not, she still has to keep on acting. His plan is terrible but Ji Hyo will be the most beneficial one. It is no harm for her to play along with him for now.

“But will it be too cruel to her? She must be shock and angry if she knows the true.” – Who care about how that girl feels? She should be shock and angry and devastated. She deserves that after what she did to her best friend but Ji Hyo has to act concern as an innocent and kind hearted girl should be. Jin Hyuk has to buy her act until the end.

“You are too kind. Why are you still thinking for other woman? She will be fine. She has her wealthy father that will take care of her for the rest of her life.” – He tells her so calmly as if it is something obvious. Is it that normal to him to steal money from people, especially from a girl that loves him with her heart? He is no different than a conman, just a very handsome conman. At least her sister didn’t get conned by this man, at least he didn’t spend her sister money on another woman as he is doing right now. This guy … she has no more word to describe this guy. He doesn’t deserve to be a human. He is trash, the dirtiest kind of trash. Guy like him shouldn’t exist in this world in the first place.

“I still feel bad for her. She is my friend after all. It wasn’t right in the first place that I steal you from her.” – She starts getting sick and tired of her act of concerning to who she doesn’t concern about for saying thing that she doesn’t mean. She keeps telling herself to keep going. Thing is about to be over. She only needs him to do his part of destroying Min Hee then she can go ahead with her part of destroying him. Then things will be over. She won’t have to keep acting anymore. She can come back with her normal life, forgetting about Korea, about Min Hee, about Jin Hyuk, and about … about a man that she rather not mention his name, just thinking about him aching her heart. He will hate her very much, definitely very much …

Jin Hyuk smirks – “You don’t have to worry about that. There is no guarantee that she takes you as friend. She has no value over friend.”

“What do you mean?” – She knows very well what he means. He probably wants to refer to Min Hee and her sister. He knows Min Hee very well.  That girl indeed has no sense of friendship. If she does, she definitely didn’t steal her best friend’s boyfriend and even had no guilt over that. That girl definitely needs to taste her own medicine. Ji Hyo is very eager to see how Min Hee will react when she knows the whole truth. Will she be as devastated as Ji Hyo’s sister was?

He again shakes his head mysteriously – “I will tell you when the time comes.”

 Of course he can’t tell her now. There is enough trash talk for a day. Even Ji Hyo will probably not be able to handle more dirty truth about him. She knows her limit so she won’t push. – “Sure.” – She smiles softly and the dinner comes to rest.

The fun is about to reach its climate.