Chapter 16 - Go Ara

Revenge

Min Hee wakes up with a heavy head. She keeps massaging her temple as walking down stair to the dining room for breakfast.

“Where are parents, oppa?” – Min Hee asks Jong Kook – the only one left at the dining table.

“Do you even know what time is it? They are already done with breakfast.” – Jong Kook raises his voice.

“It is too early for yelling, oppa.” – Min Hee covers her ears with her hands and sits down at the dining table next to Jong Kook. – “How did I get home last night, oppa? I didn’t remember anything.”

“Ji Hyo takes you home.”

“Oh, she did? That’s nice of her.” – She says while taking a sip of her hot soup.

“Do you two hang out often?”

“N-ne. We hang out pretty much every other day. Why? Do you have interest in her?” – Min Hee lightens up immediately.

Jong Kook suddenly rushes more food in his mouth, fluster - “Why do you ask that?”

“Whoa! Is my brother fluttering? It is rare.” – Min Hee teases – “You like her, don’t you?”

“Stop talking nonsense!” – He gets mad from fluttering.

“Fine. I will stop talking nonsense. I thought that you liked her so I could help to get close to her.”

“Really? You will do that for me?” – Jong Kook immediately gets excited.

Min Hee drops her spoon from laughter – “Omo, oppa. You are 39 years old but you are acting as a teenager. What did happen to my well-respected CEO brother?”

“Yah, are you helping me or not?” – He raises his voice again.

“Arasso, arasso. I will help you. But oppa, did you make any move on her?”

“We went out one time but she said that she didn’t want to date her boss. You talk to her often, do you know if she has a boyfriend?” – He asks, curious.

“She has never mentioned one. But it is really rare that a girl reject my brother.”

“Well, she is definitely not an ordinary girl.”

“Of course she is not. It seems like she is from a very wealthy family. She will be a good fit for our family, oppa.”

“I know she will but she doesn’t want to give me a chance. What can I do?” – He sighs, disappointed.

“I have an idea.” – Min Hee excitedly squeals.

“What? What?”

“Made her jealous. Girl normally doesn’t realize how much she likes someone until she sees that person with another woman. How about you just date someone for now, make her jealous, then attack her.”

“Will it work?” – Jong Kook frowns – “What if she thinks that I really have a new girl?”

“Don’t worry about that, oppa. I will stay right next to her and will let you know when she starts feeling insecure. You just have to come to her at the right moment, and everything will work out, oppa.” – Min Hee winks.

“Really?” – He curls his lips to a big smile.

“Of course, I want her to be my sister in law too, oppa. She is way better than those idols and actresses around you.”

“She surely is. She is smart, pretty, and sweet.” – He unknowingly smiles while talking about her.

“Whoa, oppa. Look at the spark in your eyes. I have never seen you like this before. You are really in love with her.” – Min Hee can’t stop teasing Jong Kook. She finds it very amusing the way Jong Kook flutters whenever the name Ji Hyo is mentioned. They are quite close as sibling but she has never seen him this much into a girl. It seems like her picky brother finally found a match.

“Yah, stop teasing me. Go ahead and eat by yourself. I am going to work.” – Jong Kook stands up and walks away leaving Min Hee chuckling by herself.

Jong Kook thinks about Min Hee idea all the way driving to work. It is indeed a very childish idea but he doesn’t seem to have any other option. He tried from romantic to mature but nothing worked and he is very desperate. He is seriously considering Min Hee offer and a phone call comes just at the right time. The name Go Ara is on the caller ID. This pretty actress has been bugging him since the first time also the last time they went out two months ago. She really can’t take a hunch that Jong Kook doesn’t like to have a second date with her and keeps calling him.

Well, it is just perfect now. He needs a temporary girl and she wants a second date. They both will be happy. He does feel a little guilty for using her but it is also her fault for not stopping bothering him. He made up his mind and picks up the phone.

“Ara ah, how are you?” – He brightly answers.

“I am good oppa. Why haven’t you called me lately?” – She coddles.

Jong Kook arm hairs are standing up from hearing her coddling voice. Now he remembers why he didn’t want to go out with her again. Her voice is so annoying. He hates most the type of girl that pretends to be sweet. He has to swallow the sick feeling in his throat and answer her – “Oh, I have been busy lately. How are doing?”

“I am great, oppa. Just miss you a lot. Why don’t we go out sometime soon, oppa?”

Hm. This is perfect. He can go out with Go Ara and lets Ji Hyo witness it. If Ji Hyo has feeling for him, she definitely is going to be jealous.

“Sure, why don’t you come by my office today around noon? I will take you out for lunch.”

“Really?” – Ara happily squeals.

“Of course, I will see you at my office later, ok?”

“Ok, oppa.” – Ara excitedly answers.

Jong Kook hangs up before she has the chance to say goodbye. His head is still echoing from her annoying voice.

Ara arrives at Jong Kook office right at noon. She excitedly runs to Jong Kook’s chair and hugs him by his shoulders. One more thing he doesn’t like about her, too much body contact. Girl should be more reserve toward guy is what he believes.

“Let’s sit down over first, Ara. I need to finish some paperwork really quick and we can go out for lunch, okay?” – He leads her to the couch. He only wants to get her off him as soon as he can. - “Do you want something to drink?”  

“No, I’m fine, oppa.”

But he already dials the phone – “Song Ji Hyo – ssi, can you come to my office?”

Ji Hyo arrives a few minutes later. She is confused seeing another girl inside Jong Kook office. She doesn’t recognize who that girl is as she hasn’t followed much Korean entertainment.

“How can I help you, CEO?” – She ignores Go Ara for now.

“Thank you for coming quickly. You know who this beautiful lady is right?” – Jong Kook gestures Go Ara.

Ji Hyo takes a second look at Go Ara and her face is blank. She shakes her head – “I don’t, CEO. Should I?” – She answers, honestly.

Jong Kook can’t hide his laugh from her blank expression but Go Ara goes crazy. – “How can you not recognize me? I am the famous actress Go Ara.”

“I am sorry Miss but I recently moved to Korea from America and I didn’t watch any Korean dramas when was in the State. I apologize if it offends you.” – Ji Hyo politely answers despite Go Ara arrogant attitude.

Jong Kook can’t help but admire the way Ji Hyo deals with the situation. She is always so calm and professional. When comparing Ji Hyo and Ara side by side, Ji Hyo is definitely better from all angles. Well, to him at least.

“Anyway, why did you call me here for, CEO?” – Ji Hyo turns to Jong Kook and asks but she already feels as she knows what is going on. He probably wants to make her jealous seeing a pretty actress in his office. It is unexpectedly childish of him but she will play along for now.

“Can you get the pretty lady over there a glass of water?” – He asks and checking on her expression. He purposely praises Ara in front of her to test the water. Unfortunate for him that Ji Hyo sees through his game and controls her reaction very well.

“I am apologize CEO but serving water is not in my job description. That odd task is very under my pay rate. I come here to work as vice section chief of financial department and I do have a lot of thing to work on that worth my pay rate. If you don’t have a task that relate to that, I will have to come back to my chair and complete by work load. I can ask your secretary on the way out and tell her to bring water for your guest. Is it ok, CEO Kim?” – She stares at him, coldly.

He is totally speechless. Never before has a woman spoken so bluntly toward him and he finds it so darn attractive. He wants to run right straight to her and takes away the lips that just spoke those sharp words. She clearly goes against him and her voice isn’t shaken by a tiny bit of fear. He should be angry if there is any other person but because it is her, all he feels just iness. He is so lost in her cold eyes that forgets to respond.

“Very well, CEO. It seems like you don’t have any further need for me. I will excuse myself and get back to work. Please enjoy a pleasure time with your lady, CEO Kim.” – She coldly states and walks out of his office before he can catch another word.

Darn, she just called Go Ara his lady. Is she misunderstanding? Oh no, he has to run after her and explains.

“Oppa, how can you let your employee talks to you like that?” – Go Ara raises her voice, irritated.

Too late, Go Ara catches him. He totally forgot that she is still here.

“Well, what she said wasn’t wrong.” – He tells her then unconsciously he sighs.

His body is in this room with Go Ara but his soul is long gone, following Song Ji Hyo back to her section.

It is only begin of the battle but he already seems to be at lost. He doesn’t seem to be able to control himself in front of JI Hyo very well.

That woman, how can she have so much power over him?