Chapter 12 - Frustration

Revenge

Ji Hyo has been working at Kim Financial Corporation for a month and thing can’t get any better. She gets closer to both Min Hee and Jin Hyuk, not at the same time of course. In the company, just as Min Hee wished, they avoid seeing each other but after office hour, they hang out very often. Min Hee wants update about her boyfriend every day. Ji Hyo gladly tells Min Hee everything that happens in the office, informing her about some random girls try to hit on Jin Hyuk which is all truth. Jin Hyuk is in fact very handsome and charming. Girls are all over him in the office not only in their department but from different department as well. Min Hee jealousy always smokes up hearing about that. Min Hee trusts Ji Hyo very much for closely spies on her boyfriend. Lately, she treats Ji Hyo as a real friend, takes her out for late drink, goes shopping, and do all girl stuff together. It is super irritated for Ji Hyo to do those things with Min Hee of course, especially she never stops bragging how happy she is with Jin Hyuk. However, Min Hee isn’t very happy lately. She keeps complaining that Jin Hyuk doesn’t spend enough time with her. He always says he is busy and only takes her out once a week. Ji Hyo tells her that Jin Hyuk is indeed very busy with the new project going on in their department. However, just like their friendship, it is just a lie. More than any one, she knows why Jin Hyuk doesn’t take time for Min Hee. Because he is busy spending time with his new girl, her – Song Ji Hyo. 

After that soccer night, Jin Hyuk spends great amount of his time with Ji Hyo. They pretty much see each other every day, outside of work of course. At the office, they still keep professional distance. Ji Hyo has to be careful so Min Hee can’t find down about her relationship with Jin Hyuk until the right time.

When they get off work, they spend most of their time together. It is either Ji Hyo invites him over for dinner or he actively asks her out for a date. His phone rings often during their date of course. His girlfriend always wants to know where he is and why he doesn’t spend time with her. Sometime he excuses himself and tries to hide in a corner to pick up the phone. Ji Hyo overheard his conversation sometime. On the phone, he still boldly tells his girlfriend how much he loves her and he is too busy. Ji Hyo can’t feel more contempt toward that guy but she still has to play nice girl and ignore what she knows.

Tonight, Jin Hyuk asks Ji Hyo out for a dinner at a very nice restaurant. Not as romantic as the one Joong Kook took her of course but still nice. It is a five star Italian restaurant. She told him that she liked Italian food, seems as he does take note of her interest.

“Whoa, what is the occasion? Why do you take me to such a nice place?” – Ji Hyo asks with a smile as they are enjoying a nice glass of Merlot.

He looks at her lovingly – “This is for you.” – He takes out a red box from his pocket and hands it to her.

“What is it?” – She asks with the surprise eyes.

“Just open it.” – He curls his lips charmingly.

She slowly opens the box. It is a beautiful diamond bracelet. She probably would be super happy if she received it from any other guy but because it is from him, she doesn’t feel anything but contempt. However, she still has to stick to her character, dilates her pupil wide and smiles happily – “Omo, what a beautiful bracelet. Are you giving it to me?”

“Of course.”

“Why?  It is such an expensive piece of jewelry.” – Even though she hates him but she has to admit that this is a very beautiful bracelet. The diamonds are definitely high quality. This guy probably has to like her very much in order to willingly spend that much money in the first gift.

He smiles sweetly at her – “Because I have a favor to ask.”

“What is it?”

He holds her hand gently. – “Can you be my girlfriend?”

Wow, this guy can’t be any more shameless. He already has a pretty and wealthy girlfriend but he doesn’t hesitate at all to ask another girl to be his girlfriend. He really likes to play with fire. It’s just what Ji Hyo needs. Personality truly can’t change. Her plan would never work if he is a faithful person. Fortunately, he is a player. A person like him deserves to be punished.

Ji Hyo puts on her shy smile after a little while of pretending thinking – “I think I can.”

“That’s great.” – He happily says and puts the diamond bracelet on her wrist – “It looks great on you.” – He lingers his hand or her wrist and compliments.

“Thank you very much. You really didn’t have to buy this expensive gift for me.” – Ji Hyo meekly says.

“But I want to.” – He smiles sweetly. This guy is seriously full of charm. Luckily, her resentment toward him is too big for her to fall for him.

So it is official. They are dating but they both agree to keep it as a secret at work.

 After the fancy dinner, he takes her home. He lingers in front of her door with her hands tightly on his. – “What can I do I don’t want to let you go.”

She smiles softly – “We will see each other in the morning, won’t we?”

“But I want to stay with you a little longer.”

“Me too but we both have to work early in the morning. Go home and sleep well ok?” – She winks at him.

“Hm … ok.” – He says with a low voice then suddenly he cups her face on his hands and presses a kiss on her lips.

It is a worst feeling ever to her. All she feels is disgust. She wants to push him away as soon as she can but she has to control her temper. She tries her best to stand still but it is the best she can do. She can’t respond to his kiss. She lets his lips press on her and it’s painful enough to her.

He doesn’t think anything about her lack of response. He only assumes that it is her innocent personality. His heart beats fast as his lips contact her. He feels as a teenager with his first kiss all over again.

“Good night.” – He says, breathy, as he lets her lips go.

“Good night.” – She smiles shyly and walks inside her apartment.

As the door closed, she immediately runs to the bathroom and washes her lips with burning hot water. She wants to remove every bit of his lips on her. It was to disgusting. She couldn’t stand it. She hates it so much. She hates herself so much.

Looking at the bracelet on her wrist, she takes it off and throws it in the trash can in anger. But then she has to take it back, she has to wear it often to avoid his suspicious. When everything is over, this beautiful piece of jewelry definitely will end up in the trash can, where it belongs to.   

The doorbell suddenly chimes as she finishes washing up. She is sudden that it is him. She is not sure why he wants to see her, probably to say that he misses her already. So she has to put on a sweet welcome smile and open the door. However, her smile immediately fades away as the man standing front of her is not Jin Hyuk and the drunken Kim Jong Kook who is forcing his way inside her house without her permission.

“What are you doing here?” – She scowls but still kind enough to carry him to the couch as he is in no shape of walking by himself.

He pulls her face close to him. Only a thin gap of air between them. She can feel his breath flowing warmly on her face. His lips are right next to her and she can’t help but feel thirst for a taste of his delicious lips.

“Why are you doing this to me? Why have you been avoiding me?” – He shakes her shoulders and asks with a drunken voice.

She looks away from him - “What are you talking about?” –. She does know what he is talking about. She in fact has been avoiding him a lot. She never responded his message even though he consistently texted her every morning and every night without a miss for the last month. Whenever she saw him at work, she always tried to avoid him. Seeing him was too dangerous to her. Even with just a quick glance, her heart beat fast and her cheeks couldn’t help but blush. It was too hard for her to control herself in front of him so she chose to run away from him as much as she could. It wasn’t easy as her eyes somehow always unconsciously looked for him in the middle of the crowd and whenever he caught her eyes, she felt breathless.

It is difficult to her and it is very frustrated to him. He watches her every day at work. He starts his day by turning the company surveillance camera live recorder on. He only watches one department – Financial department. And he only watches one person – her. He can spend hours on his chair, staring at the monitor to look at her sitting in one spot and work. The way she focuses on her computer, the way she bites her lips as she thinking, the ways she ties her hair when they get in her way, drive him insane. Every small movement of her seems too attractive to him. He just can’t get enough of it. His heart is in pain every time he sees she smiles at Jin Hyuk. He doesn’t know what is going on between them but clearly Jin Hyuk pays more attention to her than any other employees. It drives him crazy. He always wants to run to her place, grabs her hand and pulls her away but he is still the CEO of the company. He can’t do that and it always makes him more frustrated

He drinks every night, tries to swallow away his frustration. He drank a lot tonight and alcohol gives him enough encouragement to come here and talk to her.

“You know what I am talking about. Why you always avoid me? What did I do wrong? Why didn’t you give me a chance? You know I like you. I am crazy about you. I know you like me too. Why can’t we be together?” – He yells, very frustrated.

They both are very frustrated. It has been too hard on both of them.