Chapter 31 - Big Mess

Revenge

“Oppa, please don’t be like that.” – Min Hee keeps chasing after Jin Hyuk who is still walking straight toward the exit without even a glance back at the pitiful girl behind him. – “I will transfer stocks for you tomorrow. Is it okay?” – She screams in tears. Now she catches his attention.

Jin Hyuk immediately pauses his step, turns around toward her. –“Why? You know that I am not going to expose that secret whether you transfer stocks to me or not, right? ”

She runs to him and tightens her arms around his waist, buried her face in his chest – “It’s not the reason, oppa. I will do that because I love you and trust you. My money will be yours anyway. Sorry for being stubborn, oppa” – She sobs.

He gently caresses her hair – “I’m glad you understand that. I only do this for us. You know that right?” – He tells her with the softest voice but his lips curl to the most devilish grin. His plan is one step closer to success.

“N-ne.” – She softly answers in his arms.

He softly pulls her shoulders out and wipes her tears away – “Don’t cry anymore! Let’s go see your brother, alright?”-He smiles kindly at her.

She nods.

He takes her hand and leads her to Jong Kook’s room.

“How are you doing, oppa?” – Min Hee brightly asks as she walks to Jong Kook’s room while Jin Hyuk bows at Jong Kook politely as an employee supposes to do toward his CEO.

“I’m much better now. Doctor releases me tomorrow.” – Jong Kook tells.

“Really? That’s great.” – Min Hee happily says and quickly she discovers the delicious bowl of ox tail soup on Jong Kook’s table – “Wow, who bring it here? It looks delicious.”

Jong Kook smiles pleasurably – “Ji Hyo makes it. She brought it here.”

“Really, she was here?” – Min Hee asks, surprise.

Jin Hyuk grips his hands to suppress the jealousy from visible on his face. Hearing his girlfriend making ox tail soup for another man is totally unpleasant to him. Especially when she hasn’t even bothered to return his phone calls or messages the last few days.

“Yeah, she was. She said she was going to get us a drink but it has been more than thirty minute and she hasn’t come back yet.” – Jong Kook keeps looking around, worried.

“Really? Let’s me call her to see where she is at. May be she get lost.” – Min Hee suggests and takes out her phone, dialing Ji Hyo’s number but the call go straight to voicemail.

Of course Ji Hyo’s phone goes straight to voicemail because she already shatters it to the floor together with all the things that she can destroy in her apartment. She is in rage and pain. Crying and sobbing are not enough. She wants immediately destroy the evil woman that killed her sister but because she can’t do it now so she has to destroy something else. Or else, she will be exploded.

Her apartment looks like it was robbed. Things are all over the floor, broken or shattered. And she is sitting in the middle of that jumble, too tired to cried, too weary to notice that her feet are bleeding from stepping on the broken glasses. She can’t aware of any pain beside the pain inside her chest, the pain of knowing her sister was murdered, the pain of knowing that … she has no chance to be with the man she loves.

She can’t give up on revenge anymore, not after hearing the truth about her sister’s death. She can’t be with him, the brother of her sister’s murderer. She will not forgive herself for not making that woman pay the price. Obviously, her sister doesn’t want her to give up on the revenge. Or else, she wouldn’t be able to find out about that cruel truth.

She, from now on, has to be stronger and colder and crueler. Her heart is not allowed to be waiver anymore. She will pull it out and freeze it inside her freezer if she has to. So it won’t be weak, so it won’t be melted anymore. She needs a cold heart and a cold head to execute her plan. No more withdrawal this time. No one can change her mind this time.

She swears to God.

Swears to her pitiful sister’s dead soul.

This time, those murderers will pay the price.

“Ding doong.” – Her doorbell chimes, pulling her soul back to reality. It takes her a long while to take in a deep breath and bring her body back to life. She stands up, slowly but still drops on the floor a couple times before she can take the first step. Her body is exhausted.  

As the door open, she sees Jin Hyuk’s scowling face but his face immediately changes to worry as he sees how terrible Ji Hyo looks as well as the big mess over her shoulders.

“Are you okay?” – He shakes her shoulders, worry.

And she falls into his arms. Her face is against his chest, her hands are on his waist – “I miss you.” – She whispers. Her eyes are aiming at some vague space, not at all affectionate as the words she just spoke. Cold, icy, emotionless are not enough to describe the look in her eyes. Those eyes are the eyes of someone just came back from hell, the darkest, deepest, coldest hell.

He embraces her in his arm. He doesn’t know what happens to her but he feels as she needs a hug. Something very terrible must had happened to her – “I miss you too.” – He softly says, planting a soft kiss on the top of her head then he lifts her up in his arm, carrying her inside her apartment. She is in no shape of walking by herself in his eyes. Gently, he puts her on the couch. Her feet are still bleeding, red stains of blood drop on the floor with every step that they make. – “Sit here, okay? I will go get the first aid kit. Your feet need to be sanitized.”

She nods, eyes are still emotionless.

He quickly comes back to her with the first aid kid. Kneeling on the floor, he carefully cleans her wounds and wraps them carefully with bandages. She is quiet the whole time, ignoring his care, ignoring his gentleness. Half of her soul still lost somewhere.

“Can you tell me what happened?” – He softly asks.

She takes a deep inhale. Right! She needs to puts herself back together. She can’t tell him that she caused this mess by herself because she overheard the conversation about her sister’s murder. To execute the plan, she has to be better than this misery posture of hers.

“I was at the hospital to visit CEO Kim earlier when I received the phone call from the landlord told that my apartment got robbed. Someone walked by and saw my apartment door wide opened so they called the police. By the time I get home, I only see this mess. I am so scared.” – She leans on him, wraps her arms around his neck, and cries.

The pain only makes her acting better because now, she is more motivated than ever. She will pulls out all her bests for this final battle.

He tapes her back and pulls her closer to him – “It’s okay. I am here. No one can hurt you. Let’s sleep at my place tonight alright? Tomorrow I will put more lock on your door.”

“Will it be a burden?” – She softly asks, looking at him with a pitiful kitty eyes. And even in his dream he wouldn’t imagine that behind that soft kitty eyes is a lion that awaits to eat his soul up.

He shakes his head and smiles softly at her –“Of course not. You must be terrified. I can’t leave you here by yourself.”

“Thank you very much.” – She looks at him, appreciated.

He gently puts her in his arms and she wraps her left arm around his neck, leaning her head on his chest, nice and meek as an innocent girl that she has been playing in front of him. So that only until the end, he will know that he has been loving a devil.

He carries her from her apartment to his bedroom and lays her down to his bed. –“You sleep here tonight, alright? I will sleep on the couch.”

She grabs his hand tightly, pulling him back – “Can you stay with me tonight?”

He looks at her. She is so delicate, so vulnerable. He wants to protect her, not only tonight but for the rest of her life. She must go through really bad time. – “Sure” – He softly says and lays down next to her.

Her back is against his torso. He nuzzles next to her, grabs his right arm around her waist – “If there is thing like that happen in the future, you have to call me first, okay? Don’t just be scared by yourself like that. I will protect you.”

“N-ne” – She softly answers. Since her back is against him, he can’t see the wicked grin on her face. He should try to protect himself first before attempting to protect her. But of course he will not know how to protect himself since even in his wildest dream, he won’t be able to imagine what kind of danger is approaching him. It will be the greatest and most epic surprise in his life. He will taste his own medicine even bitter, much, much, much bitterer than the one he made his sister took. He and that wicked, evil murderer will receive the same fate. They will both pay for the crime that they committed.

That night, he has the sweetest dream with her in his arm the entire night. His jealousy and anger got eased down because she is here, next to him. For whatever reason it was that made her ignored him the last few days, he doesn’t care. She is back to him now. It is all that matter.

But she doesn’t sleep at all. Her eyes keep opening and staring at the dark space. Even though he is right next to her but his existence isn’t counted to her. She bites her nail, planning for the next step. It’s time for her to bring that person here.