Chapter 24 - Please don't cry, love

Revenge

Everyone is cheering for the lovely proposal. Girls are surrounding Min Hee to admire the beautiful diamond ring that Jin Hyuk just put on her finger. Only Jong Kook somehow feels concern. He has never liked Jin Hyuk from begin with. None of his family member does. His father and his mother dislike Jin Hyuk because they think Jin Hyuk family background is not comparable to theirs. They already have some heirs in mind that they want to fix Min Hee with.

 Jong Kook is modern guy. He doesn’t care about family background or things like that. But from a man point of view, he can sense that Jin Hyuk is a player, a very dangerous one. Jong Kook warned her sister more than one time about that man but she never took him seriously. She was too blinded in love. Never before has he seen her that much into someone. She is happy but he is worry. Now she accepted the proposal. She is about to get married with that player. Does it mean Jin Hyuk is serious about her?

 Or?

He doesn’t want to think about the alternative. He only hopes that Jin Hyuk is sincere. He doesn’t want to see his little sister gets hurt.

“Alright, to celebrate this beautiful proposal, may we ask CEO Kim to sing a song? I know he is a very good singer.” – The host asks and the whole crowd responds excitedly

Jong Kook smiles shyly and waves his hands – “I am not good at singing at all.”

“Don’t lie to us, CEO Kim, please sing a song.” – The crowd keeps on yelling especially the girls. It seems as he has a hand full of fangirls in his company. Ji Hyo is also anticipating. She listened to his song earlier in the bus and she loves it so much. Contrast with his masculine and manly appearance, his voice is so soft and sweet. She can’t wait to hear him singing live.

“Alright, alright.” – He gestures his hands for the crowd to calm down. He likes singing since he was young but he is always very shy performing in front of others. He loves to record his own song but then just keep it for himself or someone special to him like her – Song Ji Hyo. He wants to share everything with her, his hobby, his live, and his love. He hopes that she will accept it, one step of a time. – “I will sing but please don’t laugh if it is not good alright?”

“Of course not.” – The girls squeal, excitedly.

“Before you start, can I ask you a question, CEO Kim?” – The host continues asking.

“Sure.”

“Are you intending to give this song to someone special too?”

He is quiet and thinking a little while then he looks lovingly at Ji Hyo – “Yes, this song is for someone special. I wrote this song when I thought about her. I hope she will like it. I named this song “One Man” ” – And he smiles softly.

His eyes are loving, and her heart is throbbing. She lets her eyes met him and they keep their gaze for so long, for the entire song.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osiMlaVytkY)

It must've been a long time. Long enough for these words to become colorless.
Even if I just see your eyes, I know everything,
Like your friend, like your shadow.
We must've been together always. When you're having hard time and you are sad,
even when you're lonely. Holding onto separation a bit longer,
Even when I'm hurting to wipe away your tears..
There's a man. Who loves you so much.
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you.
By your side I put my hand out and
at a path were you can always reach me
I, who cherishes you more than myself, am with you.
To make you laugh, I think of only that and
When and where ever you are I'm watching you and missing you.
And who worries of only you,
There's a man. Who loves you so much.
There's a man. Who can't even say I love you.
By your side I put my hand out and
at a path were you can always reach me
I, who cherishes you more than myeslf, am with you.
For the thousandth time I swallow and again for ten thousandth time I try to set
everthing straight. I want to tell you. I think I'm going to go insane but.
I want to embrace you all at one but...
There's a girl, who doesn't know I'm like this.
Who receives love but doesn't even know that it is love.
Leaving you, who is as foolish as I and sad,
At this moment tears come but I'm happy.
It's because you're by my side.

As an arrow shooting straight to her heart, it is bleeding. Her chest hurts. This song is even sadder than the one she heard on his IPod earlier. Maybe because of the guitar, maybe because the mountain is very quiet, or maybe because he keeps looking at her with the saddest eyes. Why all his songs have to be so sad? Or just the songs about her are sad? Did she hurt him that much? She tried her best but why …. Why is she still hurting him so much? chokes. There is a huge knot keeps locking the air in . Oxygen can’t go in and out her body. She can’t even breathe. Her eyes are hot, tears want to come out but she has to swallow them back in her nasal. She can’t cry in front of hundreds people here, she can’t cry in front of Jin Hyuk. She still has a revenge to do.

 But this feeling is so painful as if she is tortured. As if thousands of needles keep poking her heart. As if she is having a heart attack. Why is it so painful? Please quit torture her! Please quit bringing up the guilt in her! Please don’t make her heart weak! Please don’t make her give up on her revenge! She is too deep into it to give up. It is almost over, just a little more and those two will have to pay for the crime they made.

 Please don’t stop her with his pitiful eyes! Please don’t hold her back with his beautiful sad song! Please don’t look at her like that, full of hope and love! Please stop! Please stop loving her! Because she can’t … she can’t give him the love that he deserves, she can’t be the woman that he needs. She is a mess, a big dirty mess. All she can ever do to him is hurting him so please stop it, stop the guitar, stop the song, stop the loving glare. She can’t take it anymore. She can’t. Her heart is about to explode, her head is about to explode, her body is about to explode. She must go; she has to go, leaving this place, away from him.

She must!

She stands up all of sudden and walks away. Everyone is too into his song to notice that she is leaving but he does notice that. His eyes are still fixing on her. She is waking into the wood. Where is she going? It is too dark and dangerous in there. He has to follow her. He drops his guitar and chases after her. Everyone is in shock. The song is only at its climate. Ignoring everyone curious eyes, he quickly rushes after her who is only a small dot into the wood.

Another man is also about to stand up from his seat and run after them if his fiancée is holding him back.

“Where are you going?” -  Min Hee scowls, her hands tightly wraps around his arm.

Her irritated face puts a little bit sanity back to his brain. He can’t be reckless at this moment. Right now is crucial time. He has to earn her trust 100 percent. She can’t have doubt over him even just a tiny bit or his plan will be ruined and all his money will be gone. He can take care of Ji Hyo problem later.

“I just want to get some water.” – He softly says, it takes hell lot of effort to hide his angry voice.

“Can you get me some too?” – Min He asks

“Sure.” – He goes get the water for them but his eyes keep fixing on the direction that Ji Hyo and Jong Kook just went. He really wants to follow them but for now he has to keep calm.

Deep in the wood, Jong Kook is about to reach Ji Hyo. Her back is against him but he can feel her sadness. She is shaking, is it because of the cold wind or because she is crying again. So he made her cry again. It wasn’t his intention. He just wanted to sing that song to her. He just wanted her to know how he felt. He just wanted to confess to her. But then … he made her upset. He made her cry twice in just one day. He is such a terrible person.

“Ji Hyo.” – He yells out her name

She hears him loud and clear but she doesn’t want to stop her step. She doesn’t want him to see her in this pathetic posture. She is crying as a 3 years old just had her favorite toy taken away. Her tears are uncontrollable. No matter how many time she tells herself stop crying, she just can’t. She is sad and frustrated. She hates herself for torturing a good man. She hates herself for making him miss her and love her. She hates herself for not being strong enough on that morning run. If that day she ignored him, if that day she didn’t fall in his arms, everything would be so different. Why scientist doesn’t invent time machine already so she can come back to that morning and straighten herself up. Her soft heart, her stupid heart, why is it so weak?

He finally catches up with her. He holds her hand, stopping her from running – “let’s go back to the camp. It is dangerous in here.” – He says, breathy.

She still avoids facing him. – “I’m fine. I just want to take a walk. Please leave me alone.” – She shakes his warm hand away. She can’t stand his warmness. She can’t stand his care. All of that only hurt her more and make her feel guiltier. She wants to escape from him.

But he of course doesn’t let her go easily. The more she tries to shake him away, the firmer he holds her hand. She keeps on moving. She leaves him no choice. He pulls her in his chest. His left hand holds tightly on her head and his right arm wraps firmly around her waist. He locks her inside his big warm arms. – “I can’t leave you alone. I don’t want to.” – He softly whispers on her ear.

And she gives up on running. She can’t escape from him. Her face is against his chest and she keeps on crying. Her tiny body is shaking in his big strong arms. Her tears are wetting his shirt. Just as he wanted earlier. He has her in his arm right now but why he is still so sad. Why they both have to be so sad? She loves him. He knows that for a fact now, without she even acknowledges it. The way she looks at him, the way she is crying right now. He knows she loves him.  And he knows she is struggling. Why does she have to be struggled this much? Why do they have to be struggled this much.

His little angel, the love of his life, just why????

Please don’t cry anymore, love. Please …