Chapter 6 - Date night

Revenge

It is ten minutes before he comes and picks her up but she is still standing in front of her closet with only her bra and underwear on. Her make up is done, her hair is done but picking a right pair of clothes is still difficult to her. It is the first time they go out. Should she go with something more casual? But what if he is talking her to a fancy place? She doesn’t want to be underdressed. She takes out the black knee length dress that she bought in Milan last year. It is absolutely gorgeous but it shows too much of her cleavage. This is not America. She doesn’t want to give him a thought of her seducing him in the first date.

Date!

She just thought of tonight as a date. She is stunned by her own thought. She sits down on the bed, in front of the messy closet that she just created. She has been overly excited since the morning until now and she lets the guard down. She is about to go to a date. She doesn’t know if that date will lead to anything but she hates herself for even thinking about sending herself to a date while her revenge plans has just started. She lets herself loose as she only had done 2 steps out of a hundred steps that she carefully drawn. She is about to go out and enjoy the dinner the man who, for a moment, she forgot that is brother of the woman pushed her sister to the edge. Her heart is ache thinking about her pitiful little sister.

 She scolds herself for even let her heart jumped the wrong beat in his arm in the morning. She is mad at herself for letting her guard down and easily agreed to a dinner with him. She has no right to be happy before bringing her sister justice. She is not allowed to have any emotions until those two cruel people pay for their crime. Emotion is just obstacle in her revenge journal. She can’t afford any obstacle.

Her phone rings as she is still freezing in her thought. She picks the phone up. It is him – CEO Kim. She takes a deep breath before pressing answer button.

“Hello” – She greets, emotionless.

He pauses for a moment hearing her tone. It is not the cheerful tone that he talked to this morning. He checks his phone to make sure that he is talking to the right person and he is. Her name is on the caller ID. He tries to not think too much about it – “Song Ji Hyo –ssi, this is Kim Jong Kook. I am in front of your apartment complex now. Should I come up to your unit?” – He politely asks.

“No, you don’t have to. I will be right down.” – She quickly answers. The last thing she wants is the possibility of Jong Kook faces Jin Hyuk. She can’t afford any misunderstanding. She needs Jin Hyuk to think that she is single and always available.

She quickly hangs up the phone, grabs a random casual dress from her closet and puts it on. She should have done it from the beginning. She has wasted too much time for just a dinner. She needs to keep reminding herself this is just a casual dinner to thank the man that saved her life, not a date.

Ironic! The man than saved her life is the brother of the woman took away her sister’s life. What a twisted fate! Even destiny wants to play game with her. But whatever it is, she is not going to change her mind. She is not going to give up on her revenge plan. Even it means she is losing a chance of being happy, that’s fine. She doesn’t need happiness. She only needs a successful revenge.

She walks down to her apartment entrance. A car is waiting for her. Probably him. Not many people can afford the 2015 Porsche Cayman Black Edition. Ridiculous, even their car taste is the same. She bought the exact same one few months before she moves to Korean. “Even you like to mock me, God.” – She smirks

He quickly gets out of his car as he sees her walking toward him from his rear mirror. He walks around and opens the passenger door for her.

“You look great today.” – He says, moves his lips to an awe smile. He notices that she puts a little makeup on today. Her natural pretty face now is shining brighter with a little help of blush and lip gloss. He really wants have a bite on that delicious plump lips of her but he has to restrains himself from doing that. He has to be a gentle man for their first date.

Unlike her, he has no doubt that tonight is their first date. He wasn’t able to work all day, kept sitting down and standing up, looking at his watch, then wall clock, then cellphone. Time went awfully slow today to him. He tried to find things to do, to distract him from thinking about their date but nothing seemed to help. He kept walking back and forth in his office without knowing that the whole company was freaking out because of him. They had never seen him being this nervous. They are all worried if they did anything wrong or if something bad had happened to the company. No one expected that their cool mature and talented CEO was just anxious over his first date.

He even left work early. His entire family was in shock seeing him home before 5 P.M. He normally never came home until 9 P.M.

“Are you sick?” – Was the first thing his mother asked as she saw him walking inside the door.

He only answered “Of course not” then ran straight to his room. He groomed himself in the bathroom for an hour, making sure every strand of his facial hair got removed. He wanted to look perfect for the night. Picking clothes was another hassle. He has about a hundred set of suits but none of them look good enough for him tonight. He attempted to run to the department store and buy a new suit but time didn’t allow him. He had to go through his closet all over again. After an hour and a half of debating, he decided to go with a causal white T-shirt under neat the dark blue blazer feats with his favorite pair of jeans. His outfit is neither too casual nor too formal. He likes it.

His choice seems to worth 1 and half hour. She is impressed with his outfit. The T-shirt hangs tightly in his body, shows off his buffy chest and the perfect flat stomach. His muscular biceps can’t be hidden under the tight blazer. And the jeans are definitely made to be wear by him. She feels as he tried to take her breath away with his outfit. He is obviously aware very well how good and manly his body is and doesn’t shy to show it off at all.  

  “Thank you” – She says after managing herself to stop staring at the delicious piece of cake in front of her. – “You look great too.” – She tries to stop her lips from curling but it is a total failure. No girl can stop a smile in front of a masculine figure as the man in front of her.

Her heart beats fast as the manly scent of his body brushes through her nose when she slides inside the seat. She bets that he purposely lingers in front of the door for a while so she can take in all the goodness of his ridiculously attractive figure before closing the door and returns to the driver side.

His move is totally not slow enough for her to catch on her breath. Her heart only beats faster as he quickly accelerates the speed.

“I hope you don’t mind the speed.” – He grins at her.

“Not at all.” – She says with a beam of excitement.

Of course she doesn’t mind the speed. She loves it in fact. Why else did she buy an exact same car that he is driving right now? Even though she is a girl but she loves car racing. She watched every single part of “Fast and Furious” for more than a thousand of time. Only when the clockwise of the speedometer lands on the very right end, she feels alive. Just like right now, the car is obviously running at extreme illegal speed but her face doesn’t even have a sigh of concern. Instead, she is boarding a biggest smile. She enjoys this feeling very much. The thrill of the fast racing car likes a kind of drug that put her mind in a total relaxed state.

He takes a glance at her and can’t help but feel amuse toward her interesting expression. He took some girls on this car before but whenever his speed reaches 50 miles per hour, they all freaked out and played naïve, holding his arm and begged him to slow down. However, he is at 100 miles per hour right now and the pretty lady next to him shows no sign of concern at all. She genuinely enjoys the drive very much. He can tell by her ease face. What an interesting girl! She is totally different than any other girls that he went out with before who he mostly dropped contacting after the first date. He is easily annoyed by overly feminine kind of lady.

 He enjoy girl with unique personality and Ji Hyo is a perfect fit. Finally, he can enjoy a thrilling drive with a girl, thing that he thought only could happen in “Fast and Furious”. He should talk to her about that movie. He has no doubt that she watched it before. If God didn’t lie when he said woman was made from man’s rib, he is sure that she is created from the rib right in front of his heart. Or else, he wouldn’t be able to explain how they have so much in common and how she just fits perfectly on his ideal type. His sister used to say that his ideal type is an illusion, now he will have a chance to prove her wrong. He didn’t even make any effort looking for his ideal woman. She just crossed half the world and appears right in front of him. She is right next to him right now and he will never let her go.