Chapter 29 - It's probably nothing

Revenge

Even though the ambulance sends Jong Kook to a small hospital which is actually the only hospital around, the doctors are very conscientious. They quickly send Jong Kook to have an x-ray and some other tests. Ji Hyo accompanies him throughout all the tests; focuses on the doctor each and every movement as if she knows what they are doing.

Jong Kook curls his lips softly looking at how serious Ji Hyo is worrying out him. Her forehead forms a V and her teeth keep biting her lips. Sometimes she sends him an everything-is-ok look with her thump up and cute little wink. All his pain seems to go away observing her. Her existence is surely better than any medication or treatment.

She acts as his guardian, talking to the doctor, signing paperwork. And he can’t wait to the day that he can put her name in his emergency contact. He wants her to be the first one next to him if there is anything happen. It may be a burden to her but he has to be selfish then. Because whatever illness he is going to have, it definitely will heel faster when she is next to him, just like right now.

All the tests are done and now they are waiting for the doctor to explain the result. Ji Hyo is getting nervous as they have been in the room for almost an hour. Her left hand is tangling with Jong Kook but her teeth keep biting her nails. So she has a habit of biting her nails when she is nervous. Even that looks cute in Jong Kook eyes.

“Should I go look for them?” – Ji Hyo asks Jong Kook, anxious, and her legs are half-standing up, about to walk away.

 But he holds her back by her hand, settles her down to the chair – “They probably are busy. Just wait a little bit. Everything is going to be okay.” – He softly tells her.

She looks at her, trying to spread a smile but she is too anxious to make it any better than just a slight move in her lip muscles. She should be the one that calm her down but instead, he has to comfort her. She makes her anxiety too obvious – “You think so? How do you feel? Is your back still hurt?”

He shakes his head – “It’s not hurt any more. Don’t worry! Alright?” – He arches his eyebrows softly, tapping her hand with his left hand.

She nods, exhales sharply, trying to release the anxiety off her chest – “That’s good.”

“Sorry for the wait.” – The doctor steps into the room right at the moment Ji Hyo about to lose her patience again.

“It’s ok. How is everything Doctor?” – Je Hyo rushes pass the greeting part. She is too anxious for socializing at this moment.

Jong Kook can only smile looking at Ji Hyo. She is anxious on his behalf. He is not even as worry as a half of her. At least he knows she honestly cares about him. She definitely has feeling for him. He is sure about that. Now he only has to wait a few more days to make it official. He has never had to wait for a girl to say yes before. Girls were always all over him, threw themselves at him, having a girl was even easier than sign a contract. But this time, a girl makes her wait and he is more than willing to wait. Because she is worth it, however long it takes, he will wait for her. He will step closer to her, slow and tender just as she wants and when he has her, he will never let her go.

That special woman of him!

The doctor looks through all the tests and looks up at Ji Hyo - “Everything looks fine in the tests. There is no bone damage, only muscle issue. He only needs to lay down for a couple days. And with some therapy treatments, he will be good as new. We can transfer him to Seoul if it will be more convenient for him.”

Ji Hyo exhales sharply in relieve – “That’s good to hear. Please transfer him to Seoul if it’s not too much burden on you.” – Ji Hyo answers without realizing that she is not the patient and the man laying down right there is more than capable of making the decision on transferring or not.

Jong Kook is used to being control. He is always the one call the shot, make the decision, small or big. But right now, a woman is making decision on his behalf, without even discussing with him. Somehow he is not at all annoyed but rather happy and even turns on a little. There is a tingling feeling in his heart being cared by her.

“It’s not at all burden. I will sign the transferring paper right now. Meanwhile please make sure your husband doesn’t move around too much.” – The doctor says and leaves the room before Ji Hyo has a chance to explain.

Her eyes are still opining wide and her cheeks turn redder than rose hearing the word “husband.” Her heart skips a beat and somehow her lips want to curl to a smile. The thought of having a husband especially the handsome man next to her as a husband excites her. 34 years old, she has never thought about marriage. The only thing that she chased after in America is her career. Relationship had never been her priority. Then when she moved to Korea, revenge became her life purpose. Dating or marriage has never crossed her mind. But then now, hearing the word husband, a woman desire wakes up in her.

Right! She is 34 years old; most of her friends have their second kid. She couldn’t even count how many wedding that she attended anymore. Every time she came to a wedding, people asked her when her turn would be and she always laughed it off. She didn’t feel the need of getting married or having a guy to rely on. What is the point? She is strong and independent woman. She has money and power. She doesn’t need a guy to take care of her.

 But now, suddenly she feels as having a man is not too bad after all. There will be someone next to her when she goes home. There will be a shoulder for her to cry on when she is upset. There will be a strong arm to protect her when she is in dangerous. There will be a man to make her feel that everything is going to be okay. And she thinks she found that man. She is staring at him right now and he is also looking at her, warm and lovingly as he always does. That man is surely going to protect her, love her, be with her for better or worse. The look in his eyes says it all. His eyes already convince her that he is the best candidate for the husband position even before he starts his convincing speech. No words are ever needed. His action proved it all.

And he is just as flutter as she is, hearing the word husband. Of course anyone would think that she is his wife with the way she takes care of him and makes decision on his behalf. As if she owns him, as if he belongs to her. The feeling of belonging to someone is not so bad after all rather excited and happy actually. He is a free soul. Never before has the thought of being owned by a girl pleased him. Then he met her. Suddenly he wants to be her slave, wants her to possess him, to take control of his life, to let him in her little world and lock him there.  He is more than willing be her prisoner, for all his life if she lets him.

He knows that it is greedy of him thinking about having her as his wife before she even agrees to be his girlfriend but he just can’t wait. The blush on her cheek, the look on her face, and the smile on her lips, they tell him that she is not at all against the idea. That little spark in her big beautiful eyes tell him that he does have a tiny little hope if he decides to persuade her. And that tiny bit of hope is enough for him. He can work with even zero drop of optimism. For her, he can be a miracle worker.  

This moment is perfect; the way she looks at him is perfect. He wonders if he asks the question again, will there be the chance she says yes? He knows that she told him to wait after his back is healed but suddenly he feels as the wait won’t be necessary to her anymore.

“Ji Hyo …”

“Oppa, are you okay?” – Min Hee runs inside the room together with Jin Hyuk before Jong Kook can pop the question.

He almost curses at his little sister for ruin his perfect opportunity. His hands grip to two tight fists to force himself to spread a warm smile at his sister. He loves his little sister to dead but at this moment he wishes that she has never existed. – “I’m fine. Why are you here? You should be at the camp.”

Min Hee frowns – “How can I stay there when you are laying in the hospital, oppa?”

“I’m perfectly fine. You shouldn’t have come.” – Honestly he thinks she shouldn’t have come. She just costed him a perfect opportunity.

While the two brother and sister are having their little arguing moment, all Jin Hyuk cares about is Ji Hyo. Except the quick glance that she gave him as he walked inside the room with Min Hee, she totally ignores him. He hopes that she only does that because of Min Hee and Jong Kook existence. However, he still feels uneasy, very uneasy. She stands there, right next to him, but somehow he feels she is very distant, strangely distant. He shakes those negatives thought off his head.

It’s nothing, probably nothing – Jin Hyuk convinces himself.