Chapter 28 - Just a few more days

Revenge

“Song Ji Hyo, CEO Kim.” – The loud voices wake Ji Hyo and Jong Kook up from their sleep. Morning sunray shines straight to their eyes and pulls Ji Hyo up from the rocky ground.

“Someone is here. We are saved.” – She happily tells Jong Kook who is smiling brightly to her.

 Having someone rescuing them doesn’t make him as happy as looking at her pretty face in the morning. Her bright face under the soft sunlight is as beautiful as a classic painting. Her hairs are still a little bit messy, her eyes are still a little bit buffy but she is still pretty, natural and wild. He wants to chase away those noisy people up there so he can enjoy a little quiet time in this mountain with his lovely fairy.

But she of course doesn’t share the same thought as him. All she wants right now is someone coming down here quickly to take him to the hospital. Even though he kept telling her that he was fine but he is obviously not as fine as he said. He can’t even arch his back. She really hopes that it is only muscle pain as he said. If there is anything worse than that, she doesn’t know how to live with herself.

“We are here. Help us!” – She cups by her hands and screams her lung out, hoping they can hear her.

“Is it you, vice section chief?” – She recognizes that voice. It is one of the employees in her section.

“Yeah, it is me. Please bring someone down here. CEO Kim has a back injury.” – She happily screams back as response.

“I understand. I will ask bring more help down there.” – He yells and quickly runs to find more hep

Ji Hyo sits back down next to Jong Kook and holds his hand tightly – “We are going to be ok.”

He smiles softly at her – “Of course we are. Because you are here with me.”

And she smiles, breathless, speechless. If she can wake up every morning, looking at this handsome smile, hearing those sweet words, her life is completed. Gently, she caresses his face, brushes his messy with her finger, and land a smooch on his cheek.

Now his morning is completed. He has dreamed about this day for a longest time - waking up next to his woman, staring at her fresh morning face, and having her giving him a wake up kiss. Believe it or not, he has never spent a night with a girl. Yes, he slept with them, he had with them, but that was all. He rather fought against his tiredness and drove them home than spending the whole night with them. He wants to save the morning for someone really means something to him, someone special to him, someone he loves. This is of course not the best place or situation to have the first morning together but it will do for now. It is more than enough because she is right next to him.

Quickly, the whole group runs down to the hill where Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are at. While everyone gather around Jong Kook, trying to figure out how to bring him up, only Jin Hyuk runs straight to Ji Hyo in worry - “Are you okay? What are you two doing here?”

Ji Hyo takes a quick glance at Jong Kook, luckily he is too busy with other guys to look at her and Jin Hyuk – “I’m fine. I was careless and stripped down the hill last night. CEO Kim tried to save me and ended up hurting his back.”

“Is that all?” – Jin Hyuk looks at her, wonder. The way she looks at Kim Jong Kook is full of concern, more than a concern to the person that saved her life, deep in her eyes there are some spark of passion that he tries to deny to believe in.

She frowns. At this moment, she seriously attempts to end the play with him. She made up her mind and was going to end the revenge so it is no point to play nice with him anymore. But there are too many people around and Jong Kook is here too. She can’t risk Jin Hyuk do or say anything stupid before she confesses everything to Jong Kook. Calming down her temper, she spreads a soft smile – “Of course, what else can it be? Let’s take him to the hospital first and we can talk about this later, okay? We can’t risk anyone notice us here.”

He nods. She is right. He has been too worried about her to notice that people are around them. If any of them is aware of how caring he is toward Ji Hyo and spreads the rumor then he will be in a big trouble. He still hasn’t said anything about transferring the stock to Min Hee yet. Time hasn’t come yet. If he says it too soon, Min Hee will suspect his motive. He can’t risk that. Originally, he wanted to wait a month after the proposal to talk to Min Hee. However, he feels as he shouldn’t wait that long anymore. There is definitely something going on between Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. He saw the way they looked at each other last night. They even spent the whole night together in the middle of this empty mountain. Only God knows what happened last night. He wants to trust Ji Hyo but Jong Kook is too strong of a rival. He has to take action now before Jong Kook getting closer to Ji Hyo. Beside money, there is one thing that he can’t lose, Ji Hyo. He definitely is not going to let her go.

To avoid suspicion, Jin Hyuk walks away from Ji Hyo and joins the group helping Jong Kook but it is too late. The quick moment of concern that he has with Ji Hyo couldn’t escape the hawk eyes of Jong Kook. Even with just a quick glance, Jong Kook was able to tell that Jin Hyuk definitely has a thing for Ji Hyo. Jin Hyuk ran straight to Ji Hyo instead of Jong Kook as other people did and even lingered around Ji Hyo more than a quick concern conversation. Jong Kook has noticed Jin Hyuk overfriendly behavior toward Ji Hyo for a while but today, he feels as all his suspicions are confirmed. He doesn’t know what game that Jin Hyuk is playing or if there is anything going between him and Ji Hyo but he will make sure to keep an eye on that player. He won’t forgive anyone that dares to hurt his sister.

With the help of 20 strong guys in their company, Jong Kook is safely brought back to the camp and down to where ambulance is waiting to take him to the hospital. Ji Hyo jumps in the ambulance with Jong Kook, ignoring the irritated stare from Jin Hyuk. She has to take care for her man first and Jin Hyuk, she can deal with him later.

Their hands keep tangling with each other the whole time they are in the ambulance. Even the paramedics envy how sweet they are together, as if they are watching a romantic drama scene.

“How long have you two dating?” – A paramedic can’t hide her curiosity.

Ji Hyo’s cheeks turn rose hearing the question. She can only smile shyly and look at him.

 “Well, she still hasn’t agreed to be my girlfriend yet but I am still waiting.” – He says and looking at her, lovingly as he always does.

The paramedic frowns – “Why? You two look so great together? Why haven’t you said yes yet, Miss?”

She shyly smiles again. It is great that people think them look good together but it is hard for her to answer that question. It’s not something that she can explain inside an ambulance with a bunch of curious strangers.

He can see the fluster in her eyes. The paramedic accidently puts her in a difficult situation. He of course doesn’t want her to deal with that even though he is very desperate to know the reason as well – “It’s ok if she doesn’t say yes because I will keep asking over and over again until she agrees. Can I do that?” – He winks and taking her breath away again. She needs to tell him to stop doing his charming wink or she will seriously have breathing problem.

“Sure, do whatever you want.” – She scolds him with a smile.

“But you look very familiar sir. I think I see you somewhere.” – The paramedic says, trying hard to remember where she has seen his face. – “oh right!” – She squeals as she remembers something – “Isn’t you the famous CEO of Kim Financial? I just saw you on a magazine last week.”

Jong Kook shyly smiles – “Yes, it is.” – He is indeed popular. Not only because he is an heir of a big financial corporation but also because he has a history of dating celebrities. Last week, a magazine voted him as one of the most eligible bachelors in Korea with his huge asset and handsome appearance.

“Whoa! Miss, I don’t even know what you are waiting for. You need to catch him before another pretty celebrity gets close to him.” – The paramedic comments.

Ji Hyo almost laughs over how enthusiastic that paramedic is. It almost seems as that lady is desperately waiting for her turn to take Jong Kook if Ji Hyo decides to back up. – “N-ne, I understand. I will try to make up my mind soon.” – She chuckles.

 He is indeed a good catch and she knows better than anyone how popular he is. He can have any girl he wants from celebrity to an employee. She saw the way girls look at him last night. Those ladies probably had to try very hard to stop themselves from drooling staring at the delicious body in front of them who was also a wonderful singer and skillful guitarist. Any of them would probably threw themselves at him last night and beg to be his girlfriend if they were in her situation.

She of course is not an exception. She is just as desperate to take him as her boyfriend as he wants to have her as his girlfriend. However, they have to wait, she has to wait. When the time is right, she will tell him the truth. There is a risk in her confession but she has a good feeling that he is going to understand. She still hasn’t done anything to hurt his sister. There is still a way out for her, for them. They can have a future together.

Just a few more days, only a few more days …