Tonight

From Dragons to Unicorns (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Day 7

*caught as a girl*

6:15 a.m.

I’m done talking to Taeyang. I told him that I slept at Jay’s place, because I don’t want to lie to my best friend anymore. He was disappointed in me once again, but what was I supposed to do, right? I mean, I felt really bad. I felt hurt. And I felt lonely. He told me to come over to his place around 14 o’clock, so he could tell me what had happened last night. And I might tell him what had happened between me and Jay. Thinking about it gives me shivers and makes me feel warm at the same time.

I washed up as fast as never before. I’m wearing the same clothes that I wore the night before, since there’s nothing else for me to pick of Jay’s closet. I mean, I can’t, his mom would probably kill me. Should I put on my oversized jacket? I’d be feeling a lot safer, hiding myself in it. So, yes!

Jay and his mother are arguing downstairs and to be honest, I’m kinda scared to face her. I mean, she’s probably going to think of me being a ty girl, now that I’ve stayed at her place, all alone with her son.
OK, let’s get this done with. I’m gathering up all of my courage and stepping outside.
As soon as I’m walking down the stairs they stop talking.

His mother is frowning, staring at me and crossing her arms. Damn, I’m so nervous. If her glance could kill, I’d be dead by now.

“Who is this?”, she’s asking her son and pointing towards me.

I feel a lot pressured by her just standing there like that. She seems so ing strict. I’m gulping nervously and walking up to her, bowing respectfully 90 degrees and then standing still next to Jay. As soon as I’m next to him, he’s holding my hand and pulling me a little bit closer. What the actual ? In front of his mother? That’s not respectful at all! He has no ing manners!
Mrs. Park is looking at us, slightly nodding and then smiling gently.

“So, are you the one who makes my son happy?”, she’s noticing and then pointing towards the kitchen table, “Why would you leave these outside?”

Ugh, the booze! I was right about putting them away. Damn you, Jay. Now I’m the reckless girl, as if it’s my fault. His mother probably thinks of me like a badly brought up girl. Hmph, I’m a boy anyway!

“Hello, Mrs.”, I’m finally making up my mind, “I’m J… Chaelin. Lee Chaelin.”

! That was a close one! Damn, I… I’m still Jiyong, right?
I’m bowing again.

Mrs. Park’s smiling at me.
Isn’t she even mad that I’m at her place, all alone with her son? What is this? My mother would have thrown a tantrum. Maybe it’s the American thing.

“I told you mom, I forgot about it. It’s not her fault…”, Jay is defending me, which I’m kinda thankful of, “Taec and the others were with me last night…”

She’s shaking her head and crossing her arms again, probably disappointed in her son.

“You are lucky, your father ain’t back yet.”, Mrs. Park is warning us, “You know, he doesn’t like you drinking too much.”

Too much? Hell, my father would be angry with me, if he even knew that I drank at all! I’m not 21 yet, so legally I’m still underaged. I mean everyone around my age drinks anyway. But wow, Jay’s parents seem really easy going.

“So, Chaelin”, she’s then focusing on me, “Whose daughter are you? Are you in Jay’s school? I haven’t seen you before. Do you live in the neighborhood?”

Whose daughter? Is she going to accept me if I told her that I was a servant’s daughter? A girl from lower class? What if she knew that I was Kwon Jiyong? Would she respect me or laugh at me?

“Mom, can we just skip this?”, Jay’s interrupting, “We are still very tired, couldn’t sleep much tonight…”

He’s right. We haven’t slept much yet.

“You stayed in Jay’s room?”, his mother is asking me and gasping for air.

My cheeks are turning red. I’m clasping my hands, becoming terribly nervous. The pictures of last night are flashing through my mind.
I can sense the mood changing.
What do I say?
I… I don’t want her to think of me as a … I just… I…

“Jay, what about Yubin? How long have you known each other?”, she’s questioning her son, worried about his decisions, “You guys… use protection, right? Don’t you make a grandma out of me at such a young age of mine!”

W…WHAT?! Grandma?! What the actual ?!
How’s she saying this right in front of me?! What’s wrong with her, imagining things like that?! OMG! Hell no!

“Mom! What the hell, no!”, Jay’s arguing disgusted by her words, his face turned chili-red “Don’t please… Just stop it!”

Mrs. Park is laughing amused by her son being ashamed.

“I just don’t want you guys to make a mistake and ruin your lives at such a young age.”, she’s then telling us and patting my shoulder, “Your parents wouldn’t like it either.”

She’s ing open-minded! Way too straight forward!
I’m a guy! I’m not going to stay like this! I’m not a girl, damnit! No pregnancy’s going to happen. Promise!

Jay’s grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs. Shaking his head in regret. His mother is calling out for him, but he’s way too embarrassed to even call her off.

“I’m sorry…”, he’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter