How Gee

From Dragons to Unicorns (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 5

*competitive as a girl *

8 45 a.m.

The homeroom teachers and headmasters of each department walked in seconds ago. They have all gathered in front of the students and are observing us thoroughly. I am standing between Jay and Nichkhun, not able to glance at any of them. I feel so ashamed and shy. So much under pressure. I can still sense those lips on mine. I can’t help but think of it all the time. I can’t even concentrate on whatever the teachers are informing us about. What the hell did Jay do to me? Why did he cover up for me? I… I don’t need his help in my lifetime. Not now and never. Why…?

“Listen everyone and watch carefully!”, Mr. Yang Hyunsuk is ordering strictly and pointing at a whiteboard behind him, which the students council has put up, “These are the students, who are going to compete against our academy.”

The headmaster of YG is showing us pictures of some students, each with name tags. 2nd graders: Woo Jiho, Pyo Jihoon, Yang Yoseob, Lee Gikwang, Nam Jihyun and Kim Hyunah. 1st graders: Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi and Jeon Jeongguk. A total of 9 students of the rival-academy.

Tsk, there are only two girls. Looking at their pictures and reading their names, I am certain we won’t lose against those little s.

“As you can see, S.C.B.-Academy has already chosen 9 volunteers. No, I am sure they are the best of their academy.”, Mr. Lee Sooman, the head of SM’s department, is informing us, “So, this year’s rule for Most Amazing Master Art stipulates that only 9 students are allowed to enter. 3rd grader among you are not allowed to join at all since you have to concentrate on your finals.”

Every single one of us is listening carefully. Some of us probably don’t even want to join the competition. I am pretty sure of it. Some of the seniors are sighing disappointed.

“Well, we already had a meeting about it and discussed thoroughly who among you pupils would fit the most for this.”, Mr. Park Jinyoung, the head of JYP, is adding, “We have decided already, but if you don’t feel comfortable with it you may decline. It is simple as that. Volunteers may join instead.”

The three headmasters are exchanging glances and nodding all confidently and certain.

“It is YG’s 1st grader Kim Hanbin”, Mr. Hyunsuk is calling for a student I have not met yet, “2nd year Dong Yongbae and Gong Minji.”

Hanbin looks pretty confident about this. Minji doesn’t seem to be interested in the competition at all. She is refusing to join. Taeyang is pulling TOP and dragging him up to Mr. Hyunsuk. They are all three standing still next to him.

“You sure about joining?”, the headmaster is questioning TOP.

My friend is rolling his eyes and nodding slowly. Now he is more eager for this to win. If I know TOP, he hates being looked down by Mr. Hyunsuk.

Then it is SM’s turn to reveal the lucky ones. Mr. Sooman is calling out for 1st grader Do Kyungsoo and 2nd year Lee Taemin and Amber J. Liu. They are stepping up and kinda congratulating each other. They are all sure to go for the win.

“The last remaining three.”, Mr. Jinyoung is continuing, “1st grader Jackson Wang and 2nd year Jay Park and Hwang Chansung.”

Jay and Chansung are immediately high-fiving and walking up to the chosen ones. Jackson is startling and shaking his head fast. He does not want to join at all. Hmm, he is not Korean I guess. Just like Amber. The girl who rocks the tomboy style… Whatever.

Yubin is quickly talking to her girls and is about to step up as a volunteer, when suddenly Taecyeon is pushing me forth forcefully and making me nearly stumble over my own feet. Luckily I hold stand and unluckily I am directly staring into Mr. Jinyoung’s eyes.

“Oh, the new student.”, our homeroom teacher is assessing and kindly smiling at Mr. Jinyoung, “She is a scholarship student…”

So what if I am?! What the hell? Are they looking down on me?!

“Sir, I can do it!”, I am insisting all of a sudden, no clue where this competitive and confident feeling comes from, “I might be a girl and I might be a scholarship student, but I am better than all of the students you have chosen.”

Some of the girls are laughing at me and some are cheering on for me. Some Boys are having mockingly expressions and some are impressed. The homeroom teachers and headmasters are more like unimpressed yet happy to hear that from a girl at the same time. As I mentioned many times, the girls of this school are more like “No, I cannot do this”, “No, my nail might break”, “No, my blah blah hurts”… Stupid excuses only.

“What? You don’t believe me?”, I am asking them and staring at them with a cold expression, “Let me show you.”

“Ah… She is feeling sick…”, Jay is butting in and grabbing my arm, “I am sorry about her behavior, but please give her a chance.”

I am shaking off his hand and pushing him back. Really harsh of me and definitely not what Lady Soo Ae thought me about being a fine lady.

“I don’t need your pity, neither your help!”, I am yelling at him and then turning back to the headmasters, “Am I in or not?”

They are briefly exchanging glances. Mr. Yang and Sooman are making this gesture which allows Mr. Jinyoung to decide whether he chooses me or not. He is thinking for a while but at the end he is telling me loudly that he is pretty impressed by my enthusiasm and will to join this no matter what. So yeah, I am in.

“The students council will take care of the rest. They will be your mentors. Good luck!”, Mr. Sooman is adding and then all three of the headmasters are leaving together, chit-chatting on their way outside.

All pupils are leaving. It is a slow progress since everyone wants to leave first, thus leading to gridlock of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter