Day With The Unplanned Makeover

Days of Ours
 
 

Being a final year student was not that academically hard for Baekhyun. Indeed, he was enjoying the spare times he had compared to the earlier years. Not to mention, he would face the actual real world once he was officially graduated and his father asked him to move back to Korea. Running some family business as well as finding the stepping stone for him to start his own musical academy, he has been told. Which was why he should treasure most times he had left— not having aside in mind, his group of friends he would be missing so much for sure— if he really should be back later to the homeland.

It was a cold Thursday in the middle of December, when he looked over his quiet living space, where his friends were still occupied with their own happenings.

As far as he know, Chanyeol was preparing for his exams beginning at the next day and he recently had finished the performance with his top campus band in prior weekend. Suzy was having her first exam yesterday morning, while Kai had beginning his new waged doing from this week’s first day. Sehun, had also starting his exam period by the earlier Monday in the other side of neighboring municipal. In which he would have his recess much longer as he was struggling more than the still-undergraduates.

They were usually hung around together by the end of the week. Well, Baekhyun was much brainy than he looked— mostly as sassy and sometimes chirpy— he had completed the tasks the lecturers had assigned him, referring to the fall semester’s exam. Some of it must be done at home, which were also he already prepared for the rest of the week.

He needed to get out and companies to go with. He quickly typed a message to his rarely not-so-chatty group.

 

Bacon Lover                       : How’s everyone doin?

 

Basically, he never was receiving reply in less than fifteen minutes. And a single beeping had followed in the next thirty. It was from Kai.

 

KJI_88                                  : Just had my mac n cheese cleared in 5 mins

 

Baekhyun sighed whereas tossing his phone to the navy armchair. Looking to the wall clock, it was passing 2 pm. Poor Kai, he thought solely eating the meal rather late. But, in the next ten minutes he heard another beeps.

 

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Running late for my next exam

Chanyeol_is_Real            : Wishing iron man to lend me his rocket to fly

 

Typical Chanyeol… He beheld as responding to the latest.

 

Bacon Lover                        : Yea right

Bacon Lover                        : G’luck getting it till Superman r immune to kryptonite

Chanyeol_is_Real              : Baek theyre frm 2 different comic companies

Bacon Lover                        : PARK CHANYEOL URE FCKING LATE TO CLASS Y R U STILL TEXTING

Chanyeol_is_Real              : K

Suzy Bae                              : LOL

Bacon Lover                        : R u texting while taking exam too, Sooj?

Suzy Bae                              : Nope, just reviewing for my next one tmrw

 

He was getting up then then from the couch, sneaking over the massive window facing the next building. Whereas he saw the girl was having her iPhone plugged with the earpiece, and not even a sheet of paper in the settings.

 

Bacon Lover                       : I can see what ure doing from my place

Bacon Lover                       : Don’t u dare tell me what u read from the phone IS for studying sake

 

Suzy was grinning, with a tad of guilt waving to the petite guy crossways. In which he was busy typing something once more on his phone.

 

Bacon Lover                        : Take me out IM BORED AS HELL

Suzy Bae                              : Hahaha sure u wanna go to whenever I hv planned?

Bacon Lover                        : YASSH

Suzy Bae                              : See ya downstairs in next 10 mins then

 

Baekhyun almost jumped around by excitement as he finally was getting the sight of Suzy walking out from her building. The girl had, again, her Doc Martens paired with her beloved black satchel, slung over similar colored leather jacket with zips and long-sleeved on the inner side. In this side of city, winter had not been that chilly, mainly when the sun was still around in the earlier season time.

Her boots had matched best with the skinny dark jeans though, Baekhyun thought in his own head, always with a little awe to his dearly friend.

“Hey, I love that stuff wrapping on your neck…”

She merely had the fleece gloves on her fingers as the guy— quite on the same eye level as her since he was wearing simply high-top Vans— he directed to her lacy thin choker.

“Thanks, Baek!” she enfolded an arm over his edge, who always admired and in line with her fashion sense. “I’d give it to you but now, your cashmere sweater wouldn’t fit…”

He chuckled as approving her declare. Then, the two were walking along arm-to-arm enclosing one’s shoulder and another waist.

 

“Maybe you should get yourself a much lighter color…”

Suzy was giving unstoppable nodding to Baekhyun’s direction. The two were ending up going to the salon, she planned to give herself a haircut. He was there at first, playing with his phone when she told the stylist, other than the one handling her, to approach her rather stunning buddy.

“Excuse me, what?”

He glanced off the side where Suzy was telepathically assuring him from pretty afar. Then, he looked to the woman in front of him again. He contemplated for a while, in advance of raising an eyebrow.

“Well… What do you have?”

 

“I swear to God, Sooj…”

She was having her hair blow dried as he had barely back from rinsing his. Taking a seat right next to the one beside her, he was afraid to look at the huge mirror in front. His hair had always been in raven color, similar to Chanyeol and Kai in their group, whereas Suzy and Sehun had been their brunettes. He and everyone could not agree less that the younger guy considered best with darker brown hair, and let’s not start talking about how perfect the single girl looked all the time. Even he admitted he likes to see her barefaced only in pajamas.

“If this,” His forefinger was aiming to his own head. “Appeared to be horrible then you’re the one who should be responsible—“

“I’ll pay for the expenses if it turned out to be bad, which I assume won’t—“ She glanced at him amidst the tresses which started falling to cover her fine features. “Then, what would you do if it turned out having great result?”

“I’ll just thank you.”

Baekhyun has answered her with his typical sassiness, as getting nervous about the uncovering wrap of towel to his crown. She made fun of the edgy friend therein between.

 

“Tadaa!!!”

Suzy swirled the chair which has been used by Baekhyun for the last couple hours, facing straight to the vast looking glass. In which she had the much smaller one on her grip to reflecting the bubbliest back head side. Seems like she won their not-so-official bet since he turned out to be nailing the brand new light blonde— almost metallic —colored hair. To say he was merely enjoying his new look would be such sarcasm. He definitely was loving it, he couldn’t refuse to.

“So?”

She leaned over, placing her fingers on Baekhyun’s fluffy cheeks as she examined his hair from very close. She did not know that the guy was feeling a rapid twinge on his chest. As if it’s about to fell down soon as she had done that. Yet he, himself, did not even find out why. On the other hand, he somehow was having a bit reminiscence of something occurred in not to while ago.

 


 

The rest of the gang was having their asses stuck to the dining chairs, when Baekhyun closed the entrance of his apartment right after Suzy was leaving with Kris. It was later she had the surprise birthday planned by her newfound group of bests.

“Yah…” The bubbliest spoken to the inaudible Chanyeol and Sehun been seated across. “What’s with your dehydrated-apple-like face?”

He could hear Kai’s mocking laugh as he was doing the dishes from the kitchen.

“I bet you ARE daring enough to tell Baek…”

His distinct voice had later came from within, emphasizing some of the word in the sentence, making the actual oldest even more curious for the way they acted.

“Uh…”

Chanyeol had almost had his sweat dripping from his forehead, withstanding the pain from his inner mouth he uttered, “Sehun hates Kris—“

“What?!”

The palest eyes had been wide opened, perceiving him being betrayed by the older. He replied, “You ing too, Yeol!”

“Hey… No shouting in bad language in my place!” He smacked the youngest lightly as still darting his ogles at both. “Give me one good reason for you hating him…”

Still no answer from them.

Well ahead, Kai has joined as sitting next to him. Placing his arm on the back support of Baekhyun’s chair, he began making it clear.

“Because they desired for having the girlfriend.”

Both Sehun and Chanyeol were glaring at him, he didn’t care.

“Really?”

Baekhyun was indeed feeling intrigued by the subject, then, he was eyeing the two again, who have eventually nodded in unison. At that point, a quite long silence fell between the spaces.

 

“Let’s see this beside our view,” Sehun finally was beginning to explain his motive. “How do you two describe her?”

“Well,”

Kai was overlapping Baekhyun before he had telling the outlook.

“She’s beyond pretty, even in my honest opinion… But,” The tanned arm has being placed in front of his chest, to be clear he had affirmed. “For me, I don’t see her in that kinda way…”

Baekhyun was then agreeing with Kai.

“Yes… It would’ve been hard to be fond of a friend a bit too much such as you guys—“

 


 

Here and now, Baekhyun sensed his own words had turning around causing him fell to the spellbound.

 

“Baek,”

Her calling was then completely building his awareness of how he should be reacting.

“Do you like it?” She resumed the inquiry.

“V-very much… I think?”

If only he could cover his own stutters. 

He later was observing her own transformation. Suzy had her hair being trimmed for more than four or maybe five inches. She had it loose around her lower shoulder, as the dark tresses used to be long enough to reach her waist.

Still, she appeared too good. Let alone the newfound feeling he had established by present.

“Baek, if only the guys are gay… They must be so sooo smitten while looking at you later—“

He raised an eyebrow of how he was grasping her guess. He snickered and stared at her for long time, afore stating,

“Sooj, don’t you know that I like girls?”

Jinjja??”

He nodded as she was still bewildered, fixing both of her palms on the side chair support used by him, eyes were locking at his. Catching her glimmer stares were fulfilling his view, he had close for being tumbled from the seater. Which she was still not believing what he was just stated. After all, the near ladylikeness he showed on every occasion was her utmost consideration.

Speaking about who am I looking right now…

And Baekhyun simply hide the last sentence in his own floating mind.

 

ohbubble                            : Baek, I’m like five minutes away from your place

ohbubble                            : I have days off till Sunday

Bacon Lover                       : Gonna be home with Suzy in half hour

Bacon Lover                       : Kai and Chanyeol already there tho

 

“Whoa… Look how manly you are with shorter—“

Even Kai has not finished his sentence as he was opening the door. Whereas Suzy smacked him with the folded magazine she brought all the way from the hair salon. And the guy walking behind her soon was being the center of attention by people in his own living room.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN SLAAAY!!”

Chanyeol had his fine built wobbling around as he was approaching his best friend on the threshold. Baekhyun has grinned ear-to-ear receiving nonstop compliments from his group of friends until the sun was setting in that day.

 

“Maybe I should think about getting my hair dyedprobably in lilac?”

Sehun scratched his head and far along was making himself an instant laughing stock, when they were all about having dinner.