Day When They Bonded

Days of Ours
 
 

Park Perfect

 

It was a breezy autumn p.m., when a girl tightened up her roseate coat as crossing from the front of the college theater. The rehearsal for the upcoming play has drained her a lot, yet she felt like not going home straight to her artsy loft. The fine-looking individual entered the library instead on the other side of the park.

Not too many people had known her guilty pleasure of reading some behind the time tales, except her beloved-strikingly-classmates, such as Jillian, the very much blonde girl-next-door type, which fascinated her insight with great performance during their first scheduled recitation. Or Nadya, the long-legged, brunette, Russian-Tatar former child model turned aspiring actress, whom she met during her second day at the city. They both took the similar course for college.  Or else, a friend whom she had known like forever since even way before beginning study in this foreign country.

During which she was holding the Persuasion from somewhere in the 19th century, some deep voices within the space had startled her.

“Jane Austen, huh?”

She searched for the source of vocal sound that turned out came from a sprawled individual covered in black and red hoodie, and jeans, while later the person started to get up, approaching.

“Her last work before passing away.”

He said, as scrutinizing her in flash while counting an inaudible 1, 2, and 3 in his own knowledgeable head.

“Classic piece enthusiast?” She then asked, cordially.

He was grinning inside his thinker, the response was what he foreseen. Hence he chuckled before intending to simply walk away as what he had done for lot times slumbering on the literature corner. But then, he mused over of not finding this type of miss by daily basis in the space, since the facade was outstanding. He was then offering his hand to be shaken by her, which unlike he did often.

“Chanyeol, Park—“

Hanguk-eyo?

He raised an eyebrow, and was answering her with somehow restrained enthuse. “Ne…

“Bae Suzy.” She smiled, quite contrasting his expressive by her typical look, in advance of reviewing the hardcover on her grip.

Chanyeol thought of not following the conversation as he assumed the girl was not friendly enough, yet it was rare of finding same-nation-associate, not mentioning in such appealing form. Her rosy lips and sweet-looking eyes which he captured the most. He turned around once again to make sure that he could toned down the icy charm of hers.

“Hey…”

Suzy gazed in flash from the reading, not saying anything yet knowing he was regarding it to herself.

He continued, nevertheless. “I’m about to meet my Korean friend— maybe— you want to join?”

Still no respond but an aloof watch, observing on something inside her favorite black satchel.

“Perhaps not today.”

 

And perhaps, that’s how the universe twisted on commencement that seemed would begin the perpetuity.


 

Oh-So-Cold

 

Oh?”

A cold response which Suzy had been used to, nonetheless, it was her choice after refusing the offer from someone she hardly acquainted, yet in fact she was lured to. That phone call she hurriedly made en route exiting the reading place.

Eodisseo?”

The person she talked over the line has fairly gazed to the rearview in advance of countering.

“Look to your side.”

Prior to a high-end, black SUV pulled over and soon she stepped into the vehicle.

“Why called in flash? I texted on my way catching you up.”

“It’s kinda urgent.”

“What urgent?”

She looked outside the window rather than answering her seriously-stunning-friend. He resumed,

“If I’m not previously meeting some colleagues, then who’d—“

“Sehun-ah, of all these days, why you chose this one to talk this much?”

Pouts, the habit he usually done after a tongue-out, yet she was the only one he couldn’t stay of being mad for long. Then, he once more responded.

“Your loft is just a couple minutes away, go get on your foot.”

Through the time, she was the person who gets quite stupefied. However, as the cold she had much been than he severely was, she answered coolly, looking over the side road.

“Not really want to…” She gazed at the person by the steering, “Don’t you want to grab some pizza? My treat.”

Regardless the fact that he just met certain associates for a meal, he fulfilled what she wanted, as for each and every time. He messed with her hair thenceforth.

“Don’t keep sulking like that, you’re ugly.”

At that moment she counteracted by shoving his bony cheek, and then they both began snickering all the way.

 


Neighboring Byun

 

At what time when two guys had settled some stuffs of one moving into a new place for the last couple days. Not much beers and buffalo wings have become their choice of company by finally having a break. The tinier fellow seemed had set his watches over the dim space across his building. His sort of snooping friend would surely never skip of having his own inquiry.

“Baek, what is it so fascinating about that crossway space?”

He sipped the beer before answering his one and only best mate. “Last night, I think I captured quite interesting spectacle from there—“

Jinjja? Seems like a good sign of you choosing to move…”

“Tch… Trust me, Yeol…” He glanced to the slumping giant by the lounger. “If you ever see that— Um… I guess I should decorate my place with that touch of arts tho…“

“Nah… Still, I’m not fond of watching over someone’s window—”

Not even Chanyeol has finished his sentence, when the loft across his friend’s has been its lighting and he was the one who came to the window, in some way excitingly. For a moment he had quickly moving to the pantry, rummaging few boxes with ‘snacks’ written on the lid. His petite comrade watched for bit confusion, before he was advancing.

“Yeol, why so sudden—“

“You know what you do when you just moved into a brand new place, Baek?”

“Uh…“ He really didn’t know how to properly act toward his sudden excited friend. “It’s that what your intention right now?”

“We should go and say hi to your neighbor…”

“Didn’t we should start to those who live in this same building?”

Chanyeol’s hold has already occupied by finger food and canned drinks he could find. And he answered his pal instead, “Yeah, but… Just— let’s go!”

Baekhyun had merely shaken his head rejoining the awkwardly cheery giant.

 

The dynamic duo reached the top floor, surprisingly losing their own talkative self, by means of one just keep wondering what made the hasty eagerness increased by the other.

“Are you sure we’re in the right place?”

The friend he asked had raised an eyebrow by responding him, “From what I clearly saw, this is the top floor of this tiny building. And there is just one room with this hella door—“

“How’s my hair, Baek?”

With not even caring about his buddy’s apathetic answer, he was busy tidying the locks covered by his black snapback. Then, when he has not ready to press the buzzer, Baekhyun had done it a couple secs ahead of him. Chanyeol’s big eyes have widened menacing his best friend. A tall, skinny, pale guy later opened the entrance, and they both were looking at each other, feeling mixed up.

“Do I know you?”

The young man’s striking features had completely outshone by the flat expression, which made he seemed too icy for a human being. Not to mention, his straightforward, aloof utters.

“We… Um—“

The taller nudged the one beside him for some assistance.

“We just went upstairs when someone did coming out from the lift…”

Even so, both of them appeared too stupefied. In advance of the cold soul called some within the space, which filled with distinctive furnishings.

“Suzy-yah… Are these friends of yours?”

Chanyeol smirked knowing what he perceived earlier from his buddy’s place was not a mistake. A young lady appearance later had warmed the situation.

“Ah…”

“You know these guys?”

Having a bit protective such man friend, especially when two unfamiliar males came to her place rather late in the evening, was none of quaintness for Suzy. And out of nowhere, she suddenly did what she would call one of the most spontaneous thing she ever done in time.

“Yeah…”

It was how they finally get in to her loft that night.

 

“And how did you know her again?”

Not a new thing for Sehun, keeping the girl he favored as encouragement of what could make him persisting all burdens of being away, pursuing the dreams. He hasn’t been keen on, especially to the tallest visitor, whose look he couldn’t step out. That guy must be smitten to her quite much, he assumed.

“We bumped into at the library.”

“Well, is that so—” Baekhyun hissed, screening his probe the minute Chanyeol elbowed him to avoid any discomfort. And his outspoken self had taking part on it. “Are you guys… A couple?”

“Not at all…”

“Certainly not.”

Both persons in front of them reacted to that question in chorus. Never a while when things couldn’t get any more inflexible, when Baekhyun solved it with his somewhat gift to bring people together.

“Hey, it’s so rare when we could meet associates from the same mainland, like this time… Maybe we should start hanging out together more often—“

Not only Suzy and Sehun had the offbeat response through his impulse, even Chanyeol regarded at him with the big eyes, and sort of appreciation toward his frequent bright self.

“And…  Ah! Ah, I know! Maybe tomorrow, you can join me, and—“ He looked to his giant pal fairly, “There’s a friend that will come and stay at my place for a while…”

“Seriously?” Chanyeol asked, “Who?”

“You’ll know, Yeol…“

The promptest response had come next, from the least person expected to be stimulated to act on.

“Like another… Guy…? Will be living across?”

It has been said by Sehun, Baekhyun gave the affirmation.

“Yep, I kinda in charge of minding some nomad kids around the college grounds…”

Sehun was then glanced at the girl who stayed quiet on his side. The guys were chattier to her tad of amazement.

“You don’t mind if I come to visit more often, huh?”

She contemplated at him, “Sure, why not?”

“Suzy-yah… I’m talking like really often right now—“

 


Kai, Misunderstood

 

The next day late afternoon, three guys and one girl were lounging in the adjacent, simple but modern apartment from the artsy one.

“Whoa… I can see my loft clearly from here…”

Suzy said while observing her place from the biggest hole-in-the-wall. The place holder soon was approaching her as leaving the other two guys by the kitchen counter.

“So, what are you doing?”

Sehun looked over the taller being who he was in fact assisting to prepare the drinks.

“What do you mean what I’m doing?”

He lifted the bottle on his grasp and started pouring it to the bowl on Chanyeol’s. The guy was then heaving because he realized this one was a toughie for him to deal.

“I mean, like… Baek and I are still finishing college… And our friend who will come as well, he kinda postponed— but we might a bit wrap ourselves up of it, yeah… Now, that I know she’s kinda in the same place as I am then—“ He knew Sehun was not looking contented when beginning to fold his hands upon his chest. He lowered the enthusiasm, “Um… Yeah, what are you doing? Are you attending uni, too?”

“I entered Yale Law earlier this year.”

“Whoa… You gotta be so brainy…”

His pure excitement has shoved off the pale guy’s prodigy.

“And you must have your bachelor degree in less than three years…“

Sehun was sort of flushed, he hummed, “I took some summer classes and keeping my GPA at 3.9 then 178 of LSAT—”

“Then I guess, you live in CT, aren’t you?”

The nosy Chanyeol strikes while he seemed not liking it. However, he kept on being his pace by responding the giant non-stop questions.

“Yeah…” He put his hands on the waist, “But it’s Saturday, and I’ve had enough of being locked up in there from Monday up till the middle of Friday, so… I gotta stick around here till tomorrow.” He once again folded his hands by means of noticing, the taller guy had not living in the place either. “Park Chanyeol, you’re not settling here with Baekhyun, huh?”

“No…” The big, deep eyes contemplated to reply. “But, he let anyone close to him to crash whenever… He has like two rooms here…”

Oh really? Perhaps I should stay in here too, sometimes…”

“Sure… Why not?”

“Or probably tonight?”

Chanyeol shrugged, “It depends on you, man…” He raised an eyebrow, actually questioned inside why the palest guy was talking quite much by that time.

And not so long, the intercom was buzzing, Baekhyun was the one who answered it.

“Who is it?”

I thought you’ve waited for me, duh—

He snorted, “Come on up, Kai…” And then pressed the switch to unlock his entrance.

 

A tall guy, maybe not as tall as the tallest in the room, more as Sehun. He was tanned and fine-built, came in with a black jacket, top, with a pair of dark jeans and Chucks. His face was not too distinct, seeing the rather scarce nose compared with the rest sharp aspects. The huge bag he carried by one shoulder, he put it right when passing the threshold. He realized there were two individuals he perceived for the first time being in the place. One pale guy he ever seen, assuming they had quite amount of sun rays in the city, and a girl he considered pretty. She was fair-skinned as well, but she’s a girl, he thought. He knew by glimpse of their appearances, they must be having the same origin as him and his friends.

Annyeong…”

He waved a brief by greeting those people when Baekhyun and Chanyeol later squeezed him with such craze.

“These are Sehun… And Suzy…” Baekhyun did his sense of duty as the master of the house, getting all of them to get to know each other call. “And this is Kai…”

“Or—“

“I’m Kai.” The newest visitor shook both of Suzy and Sehun’s hand fast while overlapping Chanyeol’s line. The place owner later was taking him to see the bedroom, when the tallest began giving details to the two others.

“He seems a little bit cold at first, but he’s witty and moving once you guys know him…”

“I bet he is…”

And once again, Sehun replied him by reserve.

“Seriously… He is awesome by doing two jobs in a time to keep on his live, independently at Bedstuy—“

“I haven’t been to that part of the city…”

Suzy might not the type of person who initially talked much, but once she was being honest, it may not sound pleasant to each and every one. And someone, was particularly not delighted of what she spoken. Kai slouched himself to one of the armchair before reacting at her.

“Really? Is that what your wealthy parents taught? Never cross your fancy bridge, Your Royal Highness?”

 

And that’s how they all miraculously started to bond.